Chapter Sixteen

Love In The Ice

Despite all the events that happened in the little village below Yesung’s temple, and no matter how enjoyable they were and still are, Kyuhyun could not be happier than he was now, sitting on the back of a wagon with the angel sitting right beside, his two partners across from him as they waved goodbye to the village that morning. For the past two days while waiting for Monday morning to finally arrive, they’ve remained in their rooms, rarely going out since what happened with that rogue hunter that day, and to be honest, Kyuhyun was ready to leave. The sooner the better, and the further ahead that they got, the less likely chance that another hunter could catch up with them.

Also, he wasn’t sure what exactly was up with him and Yesung, but the two couldn’t seem to keep their hands off the other after the other night. He didn’t know if it was in the water that they were drinking or the air around them, but he was finding it hard to resist the angel. And Yesung wasn’t resisting him in the slightest, but at least he wasn’t limping around as much.

“Kyuhyun, look, there’s more animals along the way! Isn’t that a deer and look, it has a baby!” The angel asked, nudging the hunter with his arm as he pointed towards the animal.

“Yes, that’s a deer and its baby, Yesung,” Kyuhyun replied, and although he’d felt the attraction for the angel, Yesung still annoyed him to almost no wits end with his questions.

Since the start of their ride out of the village, the angel had constantly been looking and pointing out things to Kyuhyun, much like how the angel did when Kyuhyun carried him to the village. It was getting rather annoying, even if the man that offered the ride found it rather strange but amusing. Eunhyuk chuckled at Kyuhyun’s annoyance while Donghae simply smiled and winked at the leader.

“Kyuhyun, look, there’s—”

“Yesung, be quiet. Please, just shut up, okay? I know there’s a lot of fascinating animals along the road and throughout the woods, but please, be quiet.”

The angel’s bottom lip poked out in a pout, “But I just want you to see them. They’re really pretty…”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “Yes, I’m sure they are, but just chill and be quiet.”

“Okay…” the angel was quiet for all of two minutes before he asked, “So where are we going after this town?”

Sighing because he knew he should’ve expected the angel to not stay quiet, the man replied, “Well, we’ve got a few more cities that we have to go through and then it shouldn’t be long before we arrive at Mr—um… uh,” he stopped himself just as he was about to say Mr. Choi, “the other temple. Yeah, we’ve got to get you to the other temple.”

“So I am going to another temple? Will there be another shadow waiting for me there?”

Kyuhyun certainly hoped not, despite the fact that it wasn’t a real temple they were talking the angel to, but memories of the shadow from before were scary enough to not want another encounter with one. “Um, yeah.”

“Ah, I’m guessing the council would do that to ensure that I remain asleep,” the angel muttered to himself, “But if those men have a weapon that can kill the shadow, wouldn’t they just try and use that again when I’m at the new temple?”

“That’s why we haven’t told you where we’re going yet, so nobody can overhear the location. Only we know,” Kyuhyun replied, “But you’ll be safe either way, alright? Just trust me.”

The angel smiled up at the man, almost appearing like a child, “Alright, and I do trust you, Kyuhyun.”

The guilt at lying to the angel just rose to another level after seeing that smile, seeing that amount of trust in Yesung’s eyes; Kyuhyun shook his head to get rid of it, avoiding looking at the angel. “Good, now be quiet, please.”

Yesung chuckled, “I’ll try.” He turned back to look towards the trees along the roadside, and it was quiet for about ten minutes, but then something caught his attention. “Kyuhyun, look! It’s another turtle! Can I have it, please? Can I?”

Kyuhyun buried his head in his hand in annoyance, “Yesung, please—” he was cut off at the sounds of a phone ringing. He threw a glance at Donghae and Eunhyuk to see them shaking their heads, it wasn’t their phone ringing, they usually didn’t even carry one anyway since he always had his.

He quickly opened his bag and started looking for the source of noise; he found it just before it stopped ringing. He flipped it open to see who was calling him and his eyes widened when it read ‘Mr. Choi’ in big black letters. Why was he calling? Maybe he was just checking up to see where they were or calling to ask how Yesung was doing since Kyuhyun did tell him that he had been grazed by a bullet. Although Kyuhyun also told him that they were stuck in that village until today, maybe he’s making sure that they’re on their way now?

“Mr. Choi?” The voice beside caused him to jump as he quickly covered the phone, seeing as Yesung had already peeked over his shoulder to see it. “Kyuhyun, who is Mr. Choi?”

“Uh…” His eyes snapped towards Donghae and Eunhyuk for some kind of help, he couldn’t think of what to say. He hadn’t intended for Yesung to even find out about their employer’s name.

“He’s the man that had your new temple set up,” Donghae replied.

“Oh,” Yesung slowly nodded, a human had built his new temple? Wasn’t that supposed to be left up to the council? Unless they really just didn’t care about him anymore and sent him off to a lesser quality temple if a human actually created it. “Okay, why was he calling? Was he going to say that it’s ready for me? Are we pressed for time since we were stuck in that village? Were we—” Yesung was cut off by the hand covering his mouth.

“I can’t answer all your questions if you keep rambling on and on, Yesung, and to be honest, I’m not sure why he was calling. Probably to ask when we were going to get there.”

“Oh, alright. Is Mr. Choi a nice guy? Have you met him before?”

“Um… well—”

Kyuhyun was interrupted by the man driving the wagon, as the man looked back and pointed ahead of them, “The town’s right in sight, fellows, if you don’t mind, I’ll drop you all off at the gates of the town and then head on to do what little shopping I need to get done, alright?”

“Okay,” Eunhyuk replied.

The hunter hoped that announcement would distract Yesung from his questions about Mr. Choi, maybe even hope that he’d forget all about their employer, and as he threw a glance at the angel, seeing his eyes wide and bright at the sight of the town, he believed the angel had forgotten about his questions.

“Kyuhyun, look at all those buildings! Some of them are huge!” Yesung exclaimed, pointing at the town, looking up at Kyuhyun in awe.

Yeah, Kyuhyun nodded, he had forgotten about his questions. For that, he was relieved; he didn’t want Yesung knowing anything about Mr. Choi. Not just yet anyway. He still wasn’t sure about completing the mission but if the time came that he did, he didn’t want Yesung knowing the man in case it was the one that had done all those things to the angel.

 

As soon as they had arrived in the village, Yesung cowered beside Kyuhyun with a firm grip on the man’s coat at the sight of all the people. There were a lot more citizens here than in that small village, so many more people that they had to be aware of. Because anyone in the crowd could be another rogue hunter that was looking for the angel.

The ride to the town had taken quite a bit of time, so the sun was already setting beyond the horizon, which would be another set back, Kyuhyun did not want to travel through the night. It would be so much easier for someone to ambush them, plus if it was a big enough group that ambushed them, then they’d had a higher probability of killing Kyuhyun and his partners and taking off with Yesung. So instead, they decided to get something to eat at one of the diners and retreat to another hotel for the night.

“Do they have a bathhouse here too?” Yesung asked as soon as they had made it to their room, he watched as Kyuhyun sat down his bags beside the bed then pulled off his coat.

Kyuhyun shrugged, “I didn’t see anything about it when we were checking in, so probably not.”

The angel pouted, “That to hear then.”

“Yeah, but they have a shower here, I’m sure you could use that instead if you want to wash up. After I shower first, of course,” he replied with a small smile at the angel while he looked for a change of clothes.

“Or I could join you,” the angel smiled at him, already taking off his shoes and then his shirt.

Kyuhyun in a breath, watching as Yesung’s hands paused as he started to remove his pants. He shook his head with a chuckle to himself, who was he to refuse that? He grabbed one of the angel’s hands and led them into the bathroom, and after they stripped and stepped under the hot water coming from the shower head, they wasted no time in locking lips and their hands roaming.

The hunter was almost surprised that the angel didn’t make any comment on how hot the water was, but then again, it wasn’t as hot as the hot spring back in the village, and he was glad for that, because he didn’t want anymore words falling from those lips that were currently pressed against his. He was careful with their footing, the shower floor was slippery with the water, but that didn’t stop him from sliding his hands down to the back of the angel’s thighs and bringing them up so he could wrap his legs around Kyuhyun’s waist. He pressed Yesung’s back up against the shower wall, still kissing him almost senseless before things started heating up between them.

After their fun in the shower and them trying to get cleaned up afterwards, Kyuhyun almost carried Yesung back to the bed where he didn’t refuse the urge to take the angel again. Yesung, not complaining at all, as he welcomed it. The angel wasn’t sure why or how, but he was finding himself less and less able to resist the urge of wanting to touch the man. He wondered why he was like this with Kyuhyun, he didn’t mind, especially not with the way that Kyuhyun made him feel each time that he hit that one spot that had him seeing white, but it confused him.

Something else that confused him was the stirring emotion in his stomach each time they kissed or the touches that they shared. He’d never felt like that before. Although the man that had tortured him all those years ago, when he first met him and the things that the man said to Yesung, they made him feel almost the same as what he was feeling towards Kyuhyun, but this was stronger. And it wasn’t necessarily Kyuhyun’s words that caused the feeling to stir, considering most of the time, the man was just telling him to shut up, but he felt warmth when Kyuhyun protected him, when he cared for him, he felt his heart almost soar when he felt Kyuhyun’s arms wrap around him the night after he took him after he was shot.

He just couldn’t understand what he was feeling, although right now, he felt everything and nothing all the same, his brain was trying to keep up with everything happening to him, Kyuhyun moving in him, he was near his second release of that evening as that spot was hit several times by the man, and there were lips covering different areas of his skin again. It was almost becoming too much to bear. He felt exhausted by the time they were finished, Kyuhyun only left his side after catching his breath to clean up their mess.

Although as soon as Yesung felt the wet cloth wiping away most of his release on his stomach, he watched the man for a few seconds, almost admiring him, before his eyes started closing and his mind gave way to the darkness of sleep.

Kyuhyun’s face would’ve burned bright red with embarrassment at the areas he was cleaning on the angel, but he was tired as well from everything they’d done. First in the shower, and then on the bed; of course, it didn’t help that Yesung’s lips tried to stay attached to his the whole time, and he couldn’t resist the urge to touch the angel’s skin. He felt like he needed to get a grip on everything happening, he was giving into the angel too easily now, he did admit that it was fun, yes, but all this going on between them, his heart and stomach were starting to get the wrong idea.

He was not falling for the angel. He was not. He repeated, he was not going to fall for the subject of his mission. No matter how beautiful the angel was lying on the bed with an exhausted but peaceful look on his face. He was not falling for him, his stomach and heart were just confused on the situation, that was all, his stomach was upset because he didn’t want to think about returning the angel to being tortured, and his heart was just feeling guilty about lying to the angel.

That was all. At least, he was going to convince himself that that was all.

Just as he was about to walk back into the bathroom to dispose of the hand cloth into the pile of towels on the floor, he stopped when he looked down at his bag. He needed to call Mr. Choi back, he meant to do so earlier but he couldn’t find a moment to get away from Yesung for some privacy to talk to the man. He dug his phone out and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. He tossed the hand cloth with the towels and dialed the number.

“Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Yeah, it’s me, sorry about missing your call earlier, I couldn’t exactly talk with the angel right beside me.”

“Ah, you haven’t told him about me yet then? I suppose that’s a good thing, he’d probably struggle and try to get away from you if you had.”

“Yeah, he’s being civil with us for now; I plan on keeping it that way so it’d be one less hassle while dealing with other hunters.”

“Ah, yes, about that, I’m having some of my men follow after your group to ensure that no more hunters cause you anymore problems, alright?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened, so they were going to be followed now? “Oh, alright… well, we’ve just made it to the next town over; will they know where to come?”

“Of course, I had a tracking chip installed in the necklace that you placed on my angel.” Maybe it was the information that caused Kyuhyun’s eye to twitch, almost in anger, because it definitely couldn’t be the way his employer said ‘his’ angel. Yeah, it couldn’t have been that. “So they can easily find you then.”

“Alright. Will they show themselves to me so I know that they aren’t just more hunters?”

Mr. Choi chuckled, “They’ll be the ones in all black suits if you manage to see them, but I’ve advised them to keep themselves unseen.”

“Well that works for me.” Not. It doesn’t work for him at all, now he has to be extra careful because there’s freaking spies watching them now, and what if one of those spies sees what he’s been doing with Yesung? He’ll probably get murdered by their employer then.

“Good, good. I figured you could probably use a little more help in ensuring that my angel is safe, especially after that little incident of him getting hit by a stray bullet.”

“Yeah—”

“By the way, he did heal up just fine, right? No scratches, no scars, nothing to mar his skin right?”

“Yeah, his arm looks like it wasn’t even touched.”

“Great. I know you have a few more cities that you have to get through before arriving here, so I’ll say goodbye now. At least now you can get some more rest without having to worry about any more hunters.”

“Yeah, thanks for that,” he tried to not sound sarcastic, and from the pleased tone in his employer’s voice as he said his goodbye, apparently he accomplished it. He flipped the phone shut and sighed heavily.

How was he going to sleep more soundly now that there were spies watching over them? It was good that they would take care of the rogue hunters after them, or at least try to, but how was he going to decide whether or not to deliver the angel or take off with him now? Especially if there was a tracking device on the necklace. And even though he didn’t want to admit it, it still pissed him off to hear the man’s phrase of ownership over the angel. ‘His’ angel.

He decided that tomorrow, he’d confront Donghae and Eunhyuk about what was going on now and try to decide what to do from there.

He grabbed a towel from off one of the racks before walking back out into the bedroom, he looked around, trying to spot anyone outside the windows or maybe even in the air ducts in the ceiling. When he saw nothing, he quickly started pulling the curtains of the windows even tighter together. He did not like to be spied on, especially not by an employer, even if the employer was only trying to help them. He did not like feeling like a caged rat being observed by others.

After making sure the curtains were covering every little crack and crease of the window, he finally retreated to the bed. He pulled the blanket up further onto the angel, making sure that nothing was going to be exposed; he would’ve even slipped a pair of his underwear onto the angel to cover him if he wasn’t afraid that the angel would wake up and catch him. That would be embarrassing. But he didn’t want any spies peering in and seeing their bodies together in bed.

He had a feeling that that definitely would not sit well with Mr. Choi since it would be ‘his’ angel. He shook it off, and even though he wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around the angel, pull him close as he tried to fall asleep, he refrained. Too worried that someone would see it and report back to his employer.