Chapter One

Love In The Ice

“I have a job for you.”

Those words were like music to Kyuhyun’s ears. Something that he thirsted for. Since he’d trained from the age of six after his parents were killed and became a hunter at the age of fifteen, a client with a job was all he craved for. So it was no surprise when he found himself packing up all his weapons, boarding a train, and heading to the location of his client to get more information about the job.

So there he was, seated in an elegant office in one of the biggest mansions that he’d ever been in, listening to his client’s request. He glanced around the room at all the various animal heads that were adorning the walls, the man must’ve been a hunter as well, but apparently wasn’t experienced in what Kyuhyun was. But he brushed that off, not many people could hunt down supernatural beings… and live, that is.

“I’ve lost an angel of mine about ten years ago, and I’d like it if you could retrieve him for me,” the black haired man in a fine three piece suit explained from his chair behind the desk. His brown, almost black eyes, bore into Kyuhyun’s, his expression was stone. “I’ve tracked down the location of him, and I would’ve sent my own men to get him, but I figured it best to leave this in the hands of a professional, and I’ve heard from quite a few people that you’re one of the best in the business.”

Kyuhyun smirked, “You heard right. How much are we talking for this job though?”

“Ten thousand pounds in gold,” the man replied casually, while Kyuhyun’s eyes widened at the answer. The man shrugged at the expression, “This angel is of great value to me, I figure if I’m paying this much for your services to retrieve him then you’ll take great care of him in bringing him back to me. Alive, of course. I’ll even pay for your expenses to find him. I just want my angel back.”

The hunter nodded slowly. He was still trying to process the amount he would be paid for the mission. Ten thousand pounds in gold was definitely more than any other payment he’d received for a mission, but who was he to refuse? That much gold and the thrill of the mission was what he lived for. He didn’t exactly hunt down supernatural beings to bring them back alive, he preferred putting a bullet in their heads and being on his way, but a simple fetch and retrieve mission for that amount definitely wasn’t something he was going to turn down. Unless there was a catch.

“Alright, so what are the dangers of the job? I know it can’t be that simple, otherwise you would’ve sent your own men for the angel,” Kyuhyun asked, watching the man’s face for any sign of dishonesty. Most clients lied about the dangers of the job just in hopes of getting him to agree to do the job.

The man smirked, “I’m glad you asked. The angel sleeps as of right now, he’s slept for the past ten years since he was taken from me, and because of the location, several people have tried to find, capture him, and sell him on the black market. You know how fools can be when it comes to money,” the man waved off, “But they’ve all been killed. Every one of them that have stepped foot into that place, they’ve died. I’m not exactly sure what kills them or if there’s some kind of barrier that protects the angel, but no one that has came within a hundred feet of him has lived to attempt it again.

“I had a few of my men scope the place out and they’ve witnessed the hunters bursting into flames once they gotten into the place. There’s no explanation for how it happened or if the angel is subconsciously doing it, because he hasn’t stirred once in his slumber when it happens.”

Kyuhyun nodded, absorbing all the information. So that was the dangers of the mission, he knew it couldn’t have been that easy, and from the look on the man’s face, he hadn’t spoken any lies about the danger. Of course, he’s had past clients that would’ve left out anything like that and allowed him to walk blindly into the place to find out for himself the dangers.

“And while I know that it won’t be simple to get the angel here without any complications, especially with his abilities, I’ve designed these three things to help you out,” the man said, opening one of his drawers on the desk and pulling out some kind of metal necklace along with two matching bracelets. He placed them on the desk for Kyuhyun to take. “If you manage to get close enough to the angel, just slap either the necklace or the bracelets on him and it’ll stop him from using any of his powers.”

“How so?”

“They’re spellbound that’ll prevent the use of his powers while he has it on, by either the necklace or the bracelets, depending whichever you get on him first. It’ll also send out electric currents if he tries to take it off or break them.” Kyuhyun nodded in understanding. “You see, Cho Kyuhyun, I want that angel back here with me, and I’ve gone through everything to make sure that I get him back. That’s also why I’m sending out the best, you, to retrieve him for me.”

“I understand. I’ll get him for you,” he replied, taking the bracelets and necklace and placing them into his bag. “Do you have any certain time that you’d want him back? Depending on the location, it could take up to a month before I return with him.”

The man shook his head, “No, no deadlines, just as long as you bring him to me one way or another. If it takes you longer to get back to ensure his safety then so be it.” He flipped through stack of files on his desk for a moment before selecting one and handing it to Kyuhyun, “This file has the location and the details of the area, even a list of what could prove to be difficulties for you, but I assume you’ve been to worse places.”

Kyuhyun added that file to his bag without glancing inside it, there’ll be time to do that later when he goes over it with his team. “Alright, I’ll get started on this as soon as possible. I’ll call you when I get ready to leave for it.”

“That’s fine with me, and thank you for agreeing, Cho Kyuhyun,” both of them stood up, the man extending his hand to the hunter to shake, a satisfied smile on face.

Kyuhyun inserted his hand into the man’s, sealing the deal in a handshake, he smirked, “Thank you for the amount of gold for the mission, Choi Siwon.”

Siwon laughed, “I assure you that the amount is nothing. I would’ve agreed to pay triple that if you needed more.”

“I wouldn’t have said no,” Kyuhyun chuckled, “but I’ll bring the angel back.”

“Thank you, I’ll wait for your call.”

“Alright, I’ll talk with you then,” the hunter replied before he picked up his bag and walked out of the office to be led by the butler to the front door of the mansion.

Siwon stepped away from his desk and walked over to the window doors that led to his balcony as he watched the hunter’s car drive away from the mansion. He knew the background of the hunter, he’d heard great stories about the man that fought off some of the worst demons, worst mythical creatures that was unimaginable, and he knew that this man would not fail him. He smirked to himself at the thought of having his angel back with him before looking up at the sky.

“I’ll have you again one way or another, Yesung. Just wait and see.”