Chapter Fifteen

Love In The Ice

The elbow digging into his gut was not the first time he had been awakened by the other person sharing the bed. Nor had he not been woken up by the loud snoring that was coming from the other side of the bed either. And Yesung was currently doing both. Kyuhyun pushed the angel back to his side of the bed, the angel still remaining asleep, as his mouth was wide open and the noise filled the room with each inhale of breath.

The hunter sighed to himself, there was no way he’d be going back to sleep now, although he figured he should start waking up, the sun was already starting to shine through the window, so he knew it was early morning.  He looked down at himself to find himself , the blanket covering up anything from view but he was completely , he glanced over at the snoring angel to see that Yesung was very much the same, although his neck and chest was littered with hickeys, and his stomach had the dried remains of their actions last night.

It wasn’t a dream, nor was it his mind playing tricks on him. The first night that it happened between them as well, wasn’t a dream, he finally grasped that, astonished that it had actually happened but it cleared up the confusion that was going on in his head. And then last night, he wasn’t exactly sure what to make of it, or what led them to doing everything they did. Not that he was complaining, the sated feeling in his bones kept him from doing that, but it was going to make matters complicated now.

He’d already slept with the angel twice, and he knew that his employer wouldn’t be happy about that. Especially since the man already had claims on the angel. He shook his head, that man was a monster, Kyuhyun didn’t care if the man would be happy or not about the fact that he’d been with Yesung. He just wondered what he was going to do about the mission now.

He had to take the angel somewhere, there were other hunters after him, hunters that wanted to kill him or capture him and sell him on the black market. The angel still thought that they were simply taking him to another temple, Yesung would know something was up if they ended up any other place than at another temple. He couldn’t simply steal the angel away and keep him hidden without Yesung catching onto his lies and that would just ruin everything. The only thing that still made sense was the simple mission, and the ten thousand pounds of gold. He’d get paid that just for retrieving the angel and delivering him, Mr. Choi would be the one to have to worry about hunters coming after Yesung then.

But the idea of the man just tying Yesung up to his bed and having his way with the angel night after night, he couldn’t possibly leave the angel in that situation. The ache in his chest at the thought of the pain and fear that Yesung would feel in that situation, and did feel in that situation in the past kept him from agreeing to that choice. He did not want to even imagine that happening.

Glancing over at the clock on the bedside table, his eyes caught the necklace that was still lying there. He had yet to put it back around the angel’s neck. His eyes widened at his mistake, he meant to slip it back onto Yesung before he went to sleep last night, but after everything that happened between the two, it completely slipped his mind. He wondered for a moment as he grabbed it off the table if he should put it back on Yesung, this was a device set up by the man that wanted to torture the angel; the necklace itself was designed to torture the angel if he tried to take it off. It also suppressed his powers, leaving him defenseless as was demonstrated yesterday when he was shot by that other hunter.

But the memories of meeting the angel for the first time flooded his mind. Yesung’s hand wrapped around that man’s throat, crushing it with little effort, the man that he sent lightning through, killing him instantly, and then the image of his hand wrapped around Eunhyuk’s throat, ready to crush his windpipes as well. The look in his eyes, he was almost like a heartless killer. Kyuhyun shuddered at the memory, quickly deciding to go ahead and slip the necklace back on Yesung. It was hard to believe that the annoying angel sleeping beside him was the same person as the angel that killed those men.

After Kyuhyun slipped the necklace back on the angel, hearing the click, he leaned over to check on the angel’s arm where the bullet had grazed him. He pulled off the gauze and saw that the wound was completely healed; even the stitches had worked their way out of his skin. Not even a scar was left behind. He wondered if the angel’s healing had just focused on that area alone because the marks that Kyuhyun left on him last night were still there and visible, even the hickey from the few nights ago. He shrugged it off though; maybe the graze from the bullet required most of the angel’s healing so it only focused on that area.

Since the angel was still sleeping, snoring loudly as well, Kyuhyun decided to take a quick shower, he needed to get cleaned up, as well as get Yesung cleaned up because he could see some of his release caked onto the back of the angel’s legs. But he figured the angel could do that after he’d woken up. He still had to call for room service to get some clean sheets. His face burned in embarrassment at the fact that the cleaning ladies would see the sheets and know what he and the angel had done. He shook the thoughts away for the time being as he entered the bathroom.

He was already , his clothes still in the pile on the floor that mixed with Yesung’s, and when he caught the sight of himself in the mirror on the way to the toilet, he froze. His eyes widened at the small spots that were covering his neck as well, they weren’t as dark or as big as the ones on Yesung’s neck, but he saw that the angel did in fact mark him up with those lips and those teeth. He still couldn’t believe that last night actually happened, and it wasn’t a dream. The other night wasn’t a dream either, but last night… he just couldn’t grasp it.

Turning on the faucet, he started splashing water onto his face, cleaning away the stickiness of the sweat from last night as well as trying to wake him up. Just as he turned the water off and started wiping his face with the hand cloth, he heard a small whimper of pain. He quickly threw down the towel and opened the bathroom door to see Yesung trying to sit up on the bed, but it was evident that he was still sore and couldn’t find a comfortable position to sit up.

The angel’s eyes snapped towards the bathroom door when he heard it open, his eyes widening when he saw the man, he was still , but worry was etched across his face. Yesung didn’t know how to react, was he supposed to forget that last night happened again? Act like it didn’t happen? Pass his soreness off as something else despite the evidence standing in the doorway of the bathroom, bare as the day he was a born? He didn’t know, all he knew was that his backside was in pain and uncomfortable.

“Are you okay?” Kyuhyun finally asked, quickly grabbing a towel from the bathroom and covering himself when he saw where Yesung’s gaze was lingering.

Yesung hesitantly nodded, “Y-Yeah,” he replied, his voice was hoarse and his throat felt dry. “J-Just a little sore… from, uh… um…” He couldn’t think of anything to pass it off as, but then Kyuhyun filled in the blanks for him, shocking him.

“From l-last night? I’m sorry if I was t-too r-rough with you,” the man spoke, his gaze drifting from Yesung’s to the floor, his cheeks heating up as he realized that he probably was too rough with the angel.

“O-Oh… no, l-last night was good, great even. I just… I just can’t move without my body hurting,” the angel spoke, bringing Kyuhyun’s gaze back up to meet his. “Al-although I’m surprised my arm isn’t hurting more though—” Yesung glanced down at his arm only to find that the gauze was gone, the wound had vanished, not even a scar was visible. “H-How—?”

Yesung’s confused gaze met Kyuhyun’s as he wondered if the hunter had an explanation for it, surely he wouldn’t heal that fast over night, humans didn’t heal that fast. And even if they did, there would be a reminder of it left on their skin, just like he’d noticed several reminders on Kyuhyun’s skin from past events he assumed.

“Uh…” Kyuhyun was clueless of what to say for a moment, what could he tell the angel? He couldn’t simply say that he took the necklace off of him to allow him to heal, so what could he say? “Um… I, uh, after you were asleep, I, uh, p-prayed to the council to allow you the use of your healing ability… and they granted it, so that you could heal, they gave you back your healing just for last night so your arm could heal and you wouldn’t be in any more pain. Uh, yeah.” He could’ve punched himself for the horrible lying but it looked like Yesung bought it, as he stared at the hunter in amazement then down at his arm again.

“I didn’t think they would be so merciful but I’ll take any amount they’re willing to give me,” the angel grinned, rubbing over his arm that had his flawless skin again. He smiled up at the hunter, “Thank you for praying to them, Kyuhyun.”

“N-No problem, I just didn’t—” he started to say that he didn’t want to see the angel in any more pain but stopped when Yesung tried to move again, only to end up wincing. “Um, s-since we both need to wash up, how about I carry you down to the bathhouse? It’s still early morning so not many people would be down there, and it could help you r-relax…”

Yesung glanced down at himself, the idea of moving at all wasn’t too pleasing, but the sounds of the hot bath would help him relax, and maybe even take the soreness away. He nodded, “Okay.”

 

--

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t exactly sure how they ended up in their positions, especially with them being in a public place now, and anyone could simply walk in through the door and they’d be caught, but he wasn’t complaining. The lips moving against his wouldn’t allow him to anyway. Yesung’s legs were on either side of his hips as he sat on the hunter’s lap, his hands running Kyuhyun’s hair as his lips moved against Kyuhyun’s. While Kyuhyun’s hands rested on his hips as he sat in his spot in the hot springs that he was in before.

They had made it down there to the bathhouse, both undressed, and after almost dragging the angel into the water that was still complaining about it being too hot, they had started relaxing and cleaning themselves. They started talking about something and then everything became a blur as their lips connected again and they made their way close to each other again. Although the position they were currently in, Kyuhyun could’ve easily slipped back in, and they would’ve had a lot more to be embarrassed about if they had gotten caught but he refrained. Yesung wasn’t hurting as much as this morning now but that didn’t mean he was ready for anything else.

Even if that was what the angel was trying for with his hips moving against him as his tongue slipped passed Kyuhyun’s lips, tasting everything as he kissed him hard. Those fingers raked through his hair, tugging at it softly, working a moan out of Kyuhyun as his hands gripped the angel’s hips. Just as the angel was about to bite down on his bottom lip, the sounds of the door opening had Kyuhyun quickly shoving Yesung off.

He didn’t miss the angel pouting but when they both saw who was coming in through the door, Kyuhyun was grateful that the angel didn’t say anything. Donghae and Eunhyuk had walked in, both were in their bathrobes and from the looks of Eunhyuk’s hair and Donghae’s neck, they had been doing the same thing that Kyuhyun and Yesung did last night. The slight limp in Donghae’s walk was evidence enough.

“Good morning, guys, we didn’t expect you two to be down here also,” Eunhyuk greeted with a smile before going over to the towel closet to get a towel for him and Donghae.

Although Donghae didn’t miss the looks on both Kyuhyun and Yesung’s faces, that confused him but he shook it off as he asked, “Did you guys sleep well?”

Yesung nodded vigorously, “Yes, apparently after I fell asleep, Kyuhyun prayed to the council that they would give me back my healing power to heal my arm last night.” He moved slowly over towards Donghae as soon as the man stepped into the water to show him his healed arm.

Donghae’s eyes scanned over the area where the bullet grazed his arm and was amazed at the sight. It was perfectly whole, not even a scar left behind. His gaze caught the sight of something else while he was looking over Yesung’s arm; there were bite marks on Yesung’s chest. His eyes widened, as he looked up at the spots on the angel’s neck, he put two and two together and threw a concerned look towards Kyuhyun, who wasn’t paying attention as he talked with Eunhyuk.

“Isn’t that great, Donghae? Now I don’t have to worry about infection getting into my arm and having my arm taken off, plus I’m not in anymore pain,” the angel grinned up at him, almost childishly.

Slowly nodding, Donghae tried to brush off his general shock; he smiled at the angel, “It is great, fantastic even. I’m still sorry about causing you pain yesterday as I stitched your arm up. Especially since the council decided to let you heal anyway.” He still wondered what really happened, because he seriously doubted that Kyuhyun prayed to anyone that the angel would be healed. Maybe he found a way to get the necklace off the angel and his own powers started healing him? It sounded more reasonable than what he told Yesung.

“That’s okay; I know you were just trying to help me and be as gentle as you could yesterday,” Yesung replied. “All is forgiven.”

“Thank you,” Donghae nodded, and then leaned close and pointed towards the spots on Yesung’s neck, “Where did those spots come from, Yesung?”

He saw Yesung’s eyes widen as he looked down at himself, the angel couldn’t see the spots on his neck, but he did see the bite marks around his s. Out of instinct, he reached up to try and cover them, throwing a panicked look towards Kyuhyun then at Donghae. The angel couldn’t say what actually happened, it was a private matter between him and Kyuhyun, and it didn’t seem like the man wanted anyone else to know, “I… um, they, uh—”

“They’re bug bites. We slept with the window open, that’s why we both have them,” Kyuhyun spoke up from behind Yesung, glaring at Donghae for trying to pry the answers out of Yesung.

Donghae scoffed, “They only bit your neck?”

“Well I figured bug bites would be more plausible than a vampire creeping in and biting us both,” Kyuhyun snapped.

Shrugging, Donghae replied, “With it being such a small town, a vampire could be wondering around, but I know the difference between a vampire bite, a bug bite, and a hickey.”

Yesung’s eyes widened, his gaze falling to the steam coming up from the water in shock, he questioned to himself, “Vampires are real?”

But Kyuhyun and Donghae paid no mind to the angel’s question, “So do I, and I’m telling you they’re bug bites, now leave it be.”

“I’ll leave it be only if you know what you’re getting yourself into.”

The two didn’t pay attention to Yesung or Eunhyuk as the hunter came up and started to lead the angel away from his two partners, explaining to him that vampires were real and going into detail about the dangerous creatures.

Kyuhyun glared at his partner, “I do.”

“Do you really?” Donghae asked, throwing a glance at the distance between them and the angel that was fully engrossed in Eunhyuk’s explanation. “I’m not trying to keep you from whatever happiness you can find in Yesung, but I’m asking you this for the sake of the mission, and if you’re going to be willing to come to terms with all the lies you’ve told him so far. What are you going to do?”

Kyuhyun was speechless for a moment, looking over at Yesung before turning back to Donghae, “I… I haven’t decided yet. It’d be so much easier to take him back to Mr. Choi, especially since there are other hunters after him and it’d make our lives easier to be free of him…"

Donghae continued, “But you’d be putting Yesung back into a horrible situation if that man really did kidnap him and him.”

“But then… if I tell Yesung the truth about everything, he’ll be so devastated… I can’t hurt him like that.”

“You already are by keeping him in the dark about everything, Kyuhyun. At least with that necklace on, he won’t be able to kill you,” the hunter tried to joke even though he knew it was flat, just like the responding expression from his leader. “Whatever you decide, Eunhyuk and I will stand behind it; just… just keep your head level, alright?”

Kyuhyun nodded, and was about to open his mouth to reply before Donghae added with a wink, “And no need to hide the fact that you’ve been sleeping with him, I already knew it that morning when he was limping and had hickeys all over him.”

The leader gaped at him, even he knew it?! He shook it off, “Well you and Eunhyuk hid your relationship from me, even I didn’t realize what was going on with you limping in front of me at times, or the stupid grin that Eunhyuk wore after you two had come out of his room.”

“Yeah, I’m surprised you didn’t put two and two together, but you have always been kind of dumb,” Donghae laughed at the glare that Kyuhyun sent at him.

“Hey! I’m not dumb!”

“Oh, please, you couldn’t see anything even if it was hanging off the tip of your nose,” Donghae teased, starting to move away from the man as he started chasing after him.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun shouted after him, catching up with him easily.

 

“Um… Eunhyuk, why is Kyuhyun trying to kill Donghae?” Yesung asked, watching the two as Kyuhyun had his arm wrapped around Donghae’s neck in a chokehold, still shouting off things at the man.

Eunhyuk snickered, “I’m assuming Donghae probably called Kyuhyun an idiot again. They’ll be fine.”

Yesung slowly nodded, as he stared at the two, “Oh… Kyuhyun is kind of an idiot. He’s slow at catching onto things.”

“Pretty much, except when it comes to his job, then he’s really precise about his weapons, strategies, and the whole order of things.”

“Yeah, he is quick to respond to that stuff. I’m glad too, or else I probably would’ve been killed yesterday.” Yesung paused for a moment then looked over at Eunhyuk, “Why was that guy after me, Eunhyuk, why are so many people after me?”

Eunhyuk hesitated about answering at first, but after glancing over at his two partners to see them still wrestling, he decided to explain, “Because you’re an angel. Several people have tried to get you while you were still sleeping but the shadow kept them at bay, they want to kill you or capture you to sell you on the black market. And then others just want you for their own sick games.”

“Oh. But wouldn’t I just be a normal human now that the council stripped my powers? I’m basically defenseless now.”

“Technically you are, but they’d still want you just because you’re an angel. And that’s why we have to protect you.”

“Ah, okay,” Yesung nodded with a smile.