CHAPTER THREE: The Shocking Announcement

THE PEPERO CHALLENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER THREE

♦The Shocking Announcement♦

 

 

 

Friday...

 

 

"Hyuk!" Hongbin called and Ravi waved at him as a greeting upon seeing him entering the school building.

 

"Hyuk, they already posted the games in the festival. Wanna check it?" Ravi asks enthusiastically and points to the sea of students gathering around the bulletin board.

 

Hyuk opens his mouth to tell his friends that he already know what is being posted in the bulletin board but only to close it back upon remembering the president's words.

 

'You should act like you didn't know the results and you weren't there when the couples were being selected. If anyone ask you, and I believe you brother would question you about it, just tell him that the president and the vice president did the draw themselves. Got it?'

 

"Sure!" Hyuk enthusiastically replied.

 

They excused themselves so the three of them can see the board and look through their names. Ravi then almost fainted upon seeing his name on the special game the Student Committee prepared for the festival.

 

"Ravi… Ravi… Are you okay?" Hongbin asks and lightly slap Ravi’s cheek.

 

"Tell me, N Hyung is not going to be my partner in the pepero game, Kong. Tell me." Ravi said with a pale face.

 

Hongbin then take another look at the board once more and then turn to face Ravi again.

 

"Negative, Wonshik." Hongbin said, saying Ravi's real name.

 

"Hyuk! What have you done to me to deserve this?!" Ravi wailed, teary-eyed and tug Hyuk’s uniform.

 

"I'm sorry but the couples were chosen by draw. There's nothing much I can do about it." Hyuk lied.

 

Ravi once told him that he hates N, his brother’s friend and classmate. So, when they both randomly selected, Hyuk asked the Committee to pair them up and the results are according to his plans.

 

'Sorry Ravi, call me Dr. StrangeLove from now on.’

 

Hyuk mentally cheered.

 

“Don’t worry about it Ravi. It’s just a game.” Hongbin still tries to console Ravi who’s still sulking on his seat inside their classroom. Hongbin mentally sighed in relief because he wasn't on the couple game but instead, he's in the 100km run.

“It’s not just a game, Kong! Didn’t you know how to eat a piece of pepero without thinking weird thoughts about that piece of stick?” Ravi exclaimed and Hongbin got taken aback.

“N hyung’s not that bad for a partner. Why do you hate him so much?” Hyuk casually asks.

“It’s not that I hate him, Hyuk! It’s just that—“ Ravi shuts his mouth and continue to wail.

“If you’re going to kiss then you’re going to kiss. It’s a onetime event only. And besides—“ Hyuk’s collar got caught by his brother who suddenly barged in unannounced together with N who obviously refraining Leo to do something he would regret later.

“H-hyung!” Hyuk gulped seeing an angry lion in front of him.

“Why was my name in there, Hyuk.” Leo growled and grip Hyuk’s collar tighter. “You have thirty seconds to explain it to me or else—“

“Leo, stop it. You’re making a scene—“ N reprehended but Leo didn’t budge.

“H-hyung—“ Hyuk was about to explain when all of a sudden a clap made them all look at the door and find Kyuhyun wielding a smirk on his lips as he approaches them.

“I went to your classroom but I was already late to stop you from storming here inside your brother’s classroom.” Kyuhyun stated.

Leo then let Hyuk go and his friends, Hongbin and Ravi hug him protectively.

“What do you want from me, then?” Leo glared.

“Didn’t you know—“

“I don’t know.” Leo interjected.

“Then, let me introduce myself—“

“Just get straight to the point.” Leo interjected Kyuhyun again. The latter evilly smirks learning how feisty Hyuk’s brother can be.

“We randomly draw the students name in a draw box and I just got lucky to pick your name…and of course your partner, Ken. It’s not Hyuk’s fault. He wasn’t even there—“

“I don’t want to hear anymore stupid excuses from anyone. Hyuk, get yourself ready when you get home.” Leo said before storming out of the room.

“Hyuk, I think you shouldn’t go home tonight.” N suggested.

Hyuk smiled. “Don’t worry N Hyung. I can handle him. You have to worry about your own.” He smirks, making N glances at Ravi and then blushes hard before running out of the room afterwards.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun sunbae.” Hyuk bows.

“It’s nothing, Hyuk. I like that guy, by the way.” Kyuhyun said and take his leave afterwards with still a smirk on his lips.

Hyuk sighed and as if today is going to be a long day, Ken appeared next screaming so loud while running and then stops in front of Hyuk, panting hard.

“Are you okay?" Hongbin asks.

“Guys! I’m playing in the festival! Wohoo~” Ken happily jumps around. Hyuk, Ravi and Hongbin then look at each other and then back to their happy friend.

“Hyung, didn’t you see you have a partner in the game?” Hyuk asks in frown. Ken then shakes his head no.

“I only see my name and then I ran. Why?” Ken said, dumb-founded.

Hongbin smack his forehead and mumbled. “Stupid.”

“You have a partner.” Hyuk informed.

“Oh? I have? Who?” Ken asks, clueless.

“Leo hyung.” Hyuk answered, checking Ken’s next expression.

Ken blinks and then nod. “I’m fine by him.”

Hyuk widen his eyes.

“You didn’t see what you two are going to play, did you?” Ravi asks, still looking so pitiful because his first kiss might be from a guy soon.

Ken nodded. The three smacks their heads and sigh in unison.

“You two are going to play the Pepero game.” Hongbin informed and a loud thud on the floor came next.

“Ken Hyung? Ken hyung? Are you alright?” Hyuk, Hongbin and Ravi ask while fanning their hands to the unconscious Ken on the floor.

 

(____________________________XOX_____________________________)

 

“Haah…haah… Leo Hyung?” Hyuk called while catching his breath. He ran all the way to the next building to talk to his brother immediately during lunch break.

“What are you doing here? I can’t punish you here, Hyuk.” Leo stated in a very serious tone which made Hyuk’s lips crook.

“H-hyung! It’s not time for that. I want to tell you something.” Hyuk exclaimed.

“What?” Leo growled.

“We still have a meeting after class—“

“So? Your punishment will start after you arrive at the house.” Leo cuts him off.

“Hyung!” Hyuk whined. “Listen to me! Ken hyung fainted and he’s still in the infirmary. You need to take him home!”

Leo frowned. “What about your friends?”

Hyuk heaves a sigh. “Hongbin didn’t have much strength to carry both of them—“

“Both of them? What? Why?”

“You see… Ravi didn’t faint but…he must’ve lost his soul in front of the bulletin board earlier this morning.” Hyuk stated.

Leo arches an eyebrow.

“I see.” He said after awhile. “I’ll take Jaehwan home then.” He added before going back to the room.

Hyuk got shock at how his hyung accepted it like he wasn’t furious about pairing with Ken Hyung earlier and then sighed once again before he happily skips back to his room.

 

(____________________________XOX_____________________________)

 

After class…

 

“Leo, please don’t punish your brother—“

“I won’t, N. I’m not that heartless. I’ll just give him a punch or two—“

“Leo!” N shouted.

“I’ll go now.” Leo then started walking away.

“Wait! Where are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter