CHAPTER FOUR: The Will to Win

THE PEPERO CHALLENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER IV

♦The Will to Win♦

 

 

 

 

“The festival is tomorrow. Is everything going out fine? Any problems we can still solve?” Kyuhyun asks in their last meeting for the festival.

“I’ve already checked the props, the games and everything is according to plan, Kyu.” Hyukjae answered with a smile.

Kyuhyun nodded and looks so very serious; the members of the student council are having a curious look on their faces.

“About the special game,” Kyuhyun started and glance at Hyuk. “It will be a relay pepero game.”

“Relay? What do you mean? It will be like the paper passing game?” Ryeowook asks curiously.

“Not exactly.” Kyuhyun replied. “It will be like the baton relay run in the field. We’ll divide the couples into two sets of team and the first one to finish the Pepero on the plate will win the prize.” He informed and everyone nodded.

“So far, we have ten couples who are going to participate so which means, five couples per team are going to battle.” Hyukjae stated and Kyuhyun nodded once again.

“Yes. Now, I don’t want couples withdrawing on the game. If Leo didn’t participate, then…” Kyuhyun’s infamous smirk appears. “I have no other choice but to do the extreme measure.”

“B-but…Leo Hyung said last night, that he wouldn’t participate in the game tomorrow. What should we do?” Hyuk wearily asks.

“He’ll participate, Hyuk. Believe in me.” Kyuhyun grins wide.

“W-what do you mean by that, Kyu sunbae?” Hyuk gulped.

Kyuhyun evilly grins. “That’s for me to know and for you to find out, Hyuk. Let’s end this meeting and let’s do our best tomorrow.” He stands up and takes his leave first, leaving Hyuk, Hyukjae and Ryeowook weary.

“I don’t know what he meant by that.” Hyuk uttered.

Hyukjae then tap Hyuk’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about it, Hyuk. He’s not going to hurt anyone.”

“Let’s just hope that Kyu won’t plan anything evil then.” Ryeowook clasp his hands together and weakly smiled.

Hyuk sighed and nodded at his sunbaes before going back to his room for lunch break.

 

 

Inside the Cafeteria…

 

Leo walks inside the crowded place together with N and stands in a line to get their meals. His eyes then roams around while waiting and found Ken walking in together with the president of the student council. He crumpled his hands into fist when Ken heartily laughs while talking to the president.

“Leo…” N grab Leo’s arm to get his attention. “We’re up.”

Leo nodded at N and takes a look back at the cafeteria’s main door but didn’t found them. He looks around but Ken is gone and so does that president.

Leo mumbled a curse before turning his attention back to his tray and tries to take his mind off the matter and indulge himself on his tray of food.

“Is something wrong, Leo? You seem agitated.” N noted soon after he and Leo settled on a clean table inside the cafeteria.

“Don’t mind me, N.” Leo muttered and then takes a piece of steak on his plate.

“No can do, Leo. Look at you eating so messily. You’re not a five-year old kid. It only happens when you’re not minding your own food.” N informed and Leo slams the fork down and utters a silent curse before standing up.

“Sorry, N. I’ve got to kill Ken for this.”

Before N could ask and stop Leo, the latter storms out of the cafeteria in a flash and N could only follow Leo through his eyes before he disappears in his sight.

Leo then runs through the hallway of the first year building. He then stops at his brother’s room but he didn’t find Ken there so even before Hyuk could ask him why he was there, Leo immediately fled away.

He was panting hard when he reach the first year’s mini garden at the back of the building. Leo then kick his right leg up in frustration and decided to go back to his room and sulk until the last period before abducting Ken and punish him for making him skip his lunch because of him. But, when Leo then turns around, he found Cho Kyuhyun, the president of the student council, leaning on one of the building’s posts and staring at him amusingly.

“What are you doing here?” Leo asks, pissed off and slips his hands inside his pockets.

Kyuhyun smirk. “I should ask you back that question, Leo-ah. What are you doing here? Looking for Ken, I presume?”

Leo crumpled his hands into fists inside his pants’ pockets. “I don’t have anything to say to you—“

“I heard you want to withdraw in the competition.” Kyuhyun rebutted and starts walking towards Leo.

“I don’t have any plans to participate if you insist, anyway. So, don’t bother me anymore and try to look for another guy.”

Kyuhyun grins. “So you want Ken to be partnered with another guy, then? Do you want that Leo? Well, because as far as I can tell, Ken is still participating in the game with or without you.” He noted, matter-of-factly.

Leo’s head turns red in anger. Seeing that expression on Leo made Kyuhyun lured the guy to fall for his trap even more.

“So, you don’t want him to have another partner then. I see.” Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter