CHAPTER FIVE: ENGAGING TO THE CHALLENGE (PART 1)

THE PEPERO CHALLENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER V

♦ENGAGING TO THE CHALLENGE♦

(PART 1)

 

 

 

“I’m home.” Leo whispered and step inside their house. He takes his shoes off and put in the shoe box and lightly closed the door behind. He heard a loud sound of feet running inside the house and Hyuk welcomed him while panting hard as he was the one running around and standing in front of him now.

“Hyung!” Hyuk exclaimed and smiled at him which made Leo almost forgot that he needs to punish this brother of his. He then quickly takes Hyuk's wrist and drag his younger brother, not forgetting to bow and greet their parents on the way and trash Hyuk's body on his bed and locks the door afterwards.

"Hyung!" Hyuk exclaimed, this time with a horrid expression on his face.

Leo then casually sits on his own swivel chair, cross his legs and meet his younger brother‘s eyes intently.

"Humor me, Hyuk and don't you dare tell a lie." Hyuk gulp sourly, his hands began sweating coldly even though the AC's not on yet.

"H-Hyung..." Hyuk mentally dig inside his head, trying to surpass this obstacle without sabotaging his plan. The festival's tomorrow and they all have been working a lot on this particular game so his Hyung should never be a hindrance on his plan.

Hyuk then mentally cheered upon finding the simple solution to get away from a lion's claw: avoid his attacks.

"That's classified Hyung. Only student councils should know." Hyuk proudly stated and Leo gave him a hard smack on the head which made him crumpled on his older brother's bed like a cocoon, rubbing his head in pain.

"Classified, my !" Leo annoyingly went back to his seat, calming down because if not, he might kick his brother out through his room's window.

"Hyung," Hyuk called after a moment of silence passed by. He takes a sit back and look at his older brother's eyes seriously. "I know you didn't participate last year but, I think this festival's going to be fun. I bet you'll enjoy this one."

Leo then heaves a sigh. "Then, don't make me regret going tomorrow."

Hyuk's mouth formed an 'O' and then finally smiled in delight at his hyung's answer.

"Hyung! I promise you you'll never regret joining tomorrow’s competition!" Hyuk beamingly exclaimed and walks out his hyung's room, skipping in glee. Soon after entering his own room, he raised his hand in the air in victory.

 

Back inside Leo's room...

 

Leo dropped his body, face first on his bed before heaving a sigh. He’s sure hope that tomorrow he won't feel alienated and out-of-place for getting bored at the festival. Actually, he never cared to join in any activities anymore after he quitted being a soccer player in middle school. He just grew bored in participating at anything. He enjoys listening to music, taking a nap at the rooftop and being alone most of the time. And, he loves that quality time for his self.

But tomorrow will be different from any other activities he was asked to participate before but turned down every single thing. One: because Hyuk promised him; two: because of the President’s threat; and three: because of Ken. A big part of his decision was because of Ken. A part of him doesn't want Ken to be partnered with any guy except him. He couldn't explain why but his heart couldn't seem to take it. If that happens, he might punch the guy's face even before he could reach Ken.

He clearly knows that he got cunningly persuaded by the president's tactics. That's because he let his guard down and now, the president knew his weakness and used it against his defense. Though, he couldn't blame it all to the president and Hyuk alone, he mostly blaming it all to Ken because if he's not at stake, he wouldn't be dealing in participating at the festival tomorrow.

Leo heaves another yet heavy sigh before taking a sit on top of his bed. He's getting nervous by the clock ticking on his bedside table. It seems that it's ticking slowly while he stares. With a knock and a call from his step-mother wakes him up from staring and so he decided to stand up and left his room to go down for supper.

 

..At the dining table....

 

"I've heard that your school will be having your festival tomorrow. Are you two participating?" Yunji asks enthusiastically during their meal.

"Leo Hyung is!" Hyuk exclaimed beamingly and ask for another scoop of rice which his mother happily oblige and pat his head.

"Oh! Taekwoonnie? I thought you're not into this kind of events anymore?" Taeyun, Leo's biological father and Hyuk's step-father said and takes two pieces of meat and place it on his plate after.

Before Leo could mutter a reply, Hyuk interjects him. "Well, that's because Ken Hyung will be participating as well and they will be partners." Leo turned to glare at his younger brother without making their parents see.

"So Jihye's son is also participating. Honey, Ken is Leo's fiancé right?" Yunji turn to face his husband.

Taeyun nod and smirk. Hyuk gasped at the revelation he only found out now.

"When they were little, we couldn't separate them. They were inseparable. That’s why their mothers thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter