PART 3 ♦THE MAIN EVENT OF THE FESTIVAL♦

THE PEPERO CHALLENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PART 3

♦THE MAIN EVENT OF THE FESTIVAL♦

 

 

 

“You all know I hate introductions and stuff,” Kyuhyun said soon after he stands up in front of the microphone stand and in front of everybody. He smirks when he saw Leo and Ken arriving at the field at the back so he started his speech. “But because this is a special event I personally held myself and together with my team, I’m giving it one.” He smiled and then read the piece of paper in his hand all these time.

“It first started with a simple request from a representative.” Kyuhyun looks at Hyuk who shakes his hand in the air and then at Leo who darken his expression after.

He then continued with a smirk.

“Then I thought, why not? This isn’t something we do during our athletic festivals before. So obviously, I said yes. We started to plan everything and make this festival a memorable one, blah, blah, blah… I wanted to make sure this game is as perfect as finding your one true love.”

The crowd then cheered.

“So, shall we get started?” The cheer from the other students became louder and Kyuhyun nod his head before stepping out of the stage and give the paper he’s holding to Heechul’s open hand.

“I’m sorry that you pulled out of the game, Hyung.”

Heechul rolled his eyes and scoffed while looking straight at the not-so-sorry face of Kyuhyun.

“You’re lucky that I don’t like the relay style pepero kissing game, Kyu. But, that doesn’t mean I can’t show everybody how much I want to kiss my Hannie.” Heechul evilly smirks and then unfold the paper Kyuhyun gave him and found nothing was written on it. He then looks at Kyuhyun and waits for the latter’s explanation.

“That’s for encouragement, Hyung. I gotta fetch Minnie now.” Kyuhyun then bid.

“Still not over with the bunny, really?” Heechul arched his eyebrows at the president and Kyuhyun just gave the older a smirk before running away from him. Heechul then tossed his hair and tilts his head before taking his steps up to the stage, going straight to the podium where the microphone is.

 

♦_________________XOX_________________♦

 

“May I take everyone’s attention now?” Heechul’s voice then echoes through the field and all of the students’ stops from whatever they’re doing to focus on the former school president’s speech.

“Thank you.” Heechul said and then clears his throat while opening the piece of paper Kyuhyun gave him and then all of a sudden, he crumpled it and threw it at his back making the crowd watch him in shock.

“What I’m going to say now is all inside my head so I don’t need a blank piece of paper for encouragement, thank you.” Heechul mocked and the students look at him in astonishment while Kyuhyun laugh his heart out.

“Now, shall we call the participants of the game? Whoever you guys are, step forward now. If not, you won’t like me when I get mad.”

Heechul smirks when couples started lining up in front of the stage, including Leo and Ken and Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

The participants are Yunho, Donghae’s classmate and Jaejoong from Class 3-D; Yesung and Ryeowook; Donghae and Hyukjae; Yoochun and Junsu from Class 3-B; the new transferee students, Jongin and Kyungsoo; Rome and Siwoo from Class 1-E; the Chinese-exchange students, Tao and Kris; Ravi and N; Kyuhyun and Sungmin; and finally, the main couple of the game, Leo and Ken.

“The instruction is easy,” Heechul started and points the 5 tables with a plate of pepero on top and has a space of 20 meters in distance. “There are five tables on each pit stops and the couple needs to finish the plate of 20 sticks of peperos with leaving only crumbs before they can run towards the next set of couple and tap them to start.”

“I’m being clear when I say leaving just only crumbs, right?” He eyed the now nervous couples in front of him and Heechul smirks when most of them nodded in reply.

“I’ll give you a very good example. Hannie, can you please come up here for a second?”

Han Geng then went upstairs while tilting his head and his arms are crossed over his chest. Heechul then pull Han Geng and takes out a stick of pepero and bite the edge of the chocolate side.

He then motion Han Geng to come forward and his boyfriend sighed before he complied at Heechul’s wish.

Han Geng then took the other side of the stick and starts moving his mouth forward, closer and closer until their lips touch making the crowd gasps at the scene in front of them. Some students that are below 18 cover their eyes with holes for precaution.

Heechul then smiled as they both pull out and chew the pepero inside their mouths. The former president then turns to the couples once again and smiled happily.

“Now, to choose the couples that teamed up with each other…” Heechul paused to drink from the battle of water his always thoughtful boyfriend gave him.

He then continued afterwards.

“From team A: we have, Yunho and Jaejoong; Yesung and Ryeowook; Donghae and Hyukjae; Yoochun and Junsu; and your team leader: KyuMin.”

“From Team B: we have, Rome and Siwoo; TaoRis; KaiSoo; Navi; and your team leader: Keo. Team up and leaders of each team please step into the stage to pick who goes first.”

Ken and Kyuhyun went up the stage and pick inside the draw box Han Geng is holding. Ken first showed the ball he got and sighed in relief when he picked the ball that has number two in it.

“So, the oldies team first.” Heechul began and snickered when Kyuhyun gave a glare. “Please, go to the side and get ready.”

The players took their places Kyuhyun had told them and get ready. They’re all quite nervous and at the same time, excited because it’s a new experience for all of them.

Kyuhyun, on the other hand, looks agitated and obviously nervous and Sungmin can see it all over his ex boyfriend’s face. He can’t help but to take Kyuhyun’s hand and grip it firmly, easing the latter’s nervousness.

“Thanks, Minnie. It’s been so long and—“

“Y-you mean you haven’t kissed anyone after m-me?” Sungmin states, hysterically; making their team members looked at them amusingly.

“I already told you, Minnie. You didn’t give me time to adjust.” Kyuhyun replied grimly.

“B-but, why didn’t you tell me?!” Sungmin exclaimed, ecstatic and before Kyuhyun answered that question, the former president butted in, stopping in the middle between them and ruined their moment.

“Is this the right time to argue about your broken relationship? In the middle of the game, really?! Seriously, Kyu!?”

Heechul teased, mocked and shamelessly tell the whole school about their supposed-to-be private conversation with the help of his microphone.

Kyuhyun devastatingly look at the former president and glare at Heechul which the latter returned with an evil smirk.

Heechul then marched up towards the finish line so he can have a better look on all of the players and smized, seeing some of them are pretty nervous but at the same time, happy because 99% of the players in the field are lovers except for that one percent which was Kyuhyun and Sungmin, of course.

“Are you guys ready to knock out the youngsters?” Heechul asked excitedly, almost squealing in delight.

“We’re not that old, Chul.” Yunho stated, rolling his eyes in the process. That statement made Heechul laughed out loud.

“You got it, soon-to-be seniors.” Heechul teasingly mocked, mischievously grinning wide.

Yunho sighed. “Can we start the game already?”

Heechul snorted and snubbed Yunho afterwards. He then cleared his throat and speaks over the microphone.

“On your mark,” Heechul paused when the couples starts to get ready, putting their hands on the table.

“Get set…” Heechul smirks when he saw everyone wanted to start already but he’s such a tease to make them wait patiently for a minute of silence.

“Heechul Hyung!” Donghae shouted at the third table, losing his patience and Heechul grins wide as he knew that Donghae would be the first one to complain since his favorite dongsaeng is pretty impatient like himself.

He then finally continued.

“GO!”

As expected, all of the five couples were very determined to win.

It’s finally down to Kyuhyun and Sungmin who’s in the fifth table, the last pit stop of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter