On That Rainy Day

It's ME to be HIS!

The rain season begins, Min and Suzy are always ready with their umbrellas in case it will be raining by the time they go home. Every day starts and ends just like how it used to be. Suzy, Min and Gikwang haven't made any progressing at all till now. It was until that one day when Min Young forgets to bring her umbrella...

 

Suzy and Min just finished their last class for the day and it starts raining. 

"Aw, Min! It's annoying that almost every day is raining!!! We can't go shopping again today..."

"Don't be so pouty over this. We can always go on another, okay?"

"Promise me you will go with me anytime when its not raining!!"

"Okay, okay, I promise."

 

Suzy and Min laughs as they make their way to the main gate. Before the reach the gate, Suzy's phone rings indicating a call from her mom.

 

"Yoboseyo? Eh? Alright. I will drop by. Umm."

"Min, I think I can't go home together with you today. Mom asked me to drop by Kim uncle's flower shop first. Is it okay for you to go home by yourself?"

"Nah, it's okay. Rest assured! I'm not a kid anymore, y'know?"

"Alright then, I need to go now or I'll be home late! Bye Min! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye!!"

 

Min watches as Suzy's petite figure passes through the  heavy rain and she opens her bag to get her umbrella, planning to get home too. But, poor her... No mater how many times she rummages her bag, her umbrella doesn't appear magically. Running back to the class in panic, Min tries to search for her umbrella under her table but its pointless, since she really forgets to put her umbrella back into her bag after it was borrowed by her dad the previous day. Sighing in defeat, Min walks weakly to the gate, planning to wait until the rain stops before she goes home. 

Min sits on one of the benches on the terrace of the school and takes out her Biology book to study about it with hope the rain will be over very soon. But instead of stopping, the rain is getiing heavier and the air becomes chilly causing Min's small body to shivers. She stares at the heavy pouring rain, wondering in her mind when will the sky be clear?

Gikwang just finished his basketball meeting with his teammates and planning to go straight home when a figure of a girl caught his eyes. MIN! Min is sitting on the bench, shivering from the cold air watching the sky in devastated look. Gikwang's eyes can't turn to other directions that now all his attentions are all to Min. Her slightly wet hair from the splashed rain and her face thats full of worry. Collecting every courage he has, he approaches Min. 

 

"Hey!"

 

Min turns her head just to find the most y and gorgeous guy standing before her. He is slightly sweating from all the talking he had in such a condition. A drop of sweat rolls down from his neck to his broad chest, causing him to look so sinful and the innocent Min can't help but to blush madly at the sight in front of her.

 

"Oh, hi. Um, did you just have your practice?"

"Well, not exactly a practice, just some... meeting? WHy aren't you going home?"

"I.."

"I don't mean to tell you to go. I mean you should go home. No, I mean the air is cold and its raining and I think you should.. yeah.. go home."

"Um.. I kinda forgot to bring my umbrella. So, you know, I'm stuck here, waiting for the rain to stop."

"If that's the case, we can go home together. I.. I mean.. I can lend you my umbrella you know, yeah yeah, you can use my umbrella."

"No. I mean.. if I use your umbrella then how about you? I'm fine waiting here. Its alright."

"Its okay, I don't mind if its you. I mean, its okay if its yo-. No, I mean I'm okay without an umbrella."

"In that case, what if we go home together?"

"Sure. Wait, what? I mean can you repeat what you jsut said?"

"I.. I was saying what if we walk together? I mean, you think your umbrella is big enough to cover two people?"

"Um.. yeah, I guess so."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So, let's go?"

 

Min collects her books and shoves them to her bag and walk closer to Gikwang. Any fools can tell how they are feeling with their faces flustered like that. Gikwang nervously opens his umbrella and walks even closer to Min so that the umbrella can covers her. Min raises her head a bit and her eyes accidentally meet Gikwang's causing their faces even redder than before. Min steps to the rain followed by Gikwang. Their distance is so close that they can almost feel each other's body heat and the walk through the rain under Gikwang's black umbrella. 

Gikwang starts to feel akward and creates some distance between him and Min as he holds the umbrella to cover Min. Because f the distance between them, the rain is successfully pouring over Gikwang's body. Min who starts to notice that Gikwang's hand is trembling of coldness, pushes the umbrella so Gikwang is now under the umbrella.

 

"No, I'm okay. You shouldn't get wet from the rain, I'm fine jsut the way it is now."

"You can catch a cold if you stay in the rain!"

"I'm okay."

"You are drained!"

"It's fine."

"If you don't want it, then at least steps closer so none of us will be soaked in the rain!"

 

Gikwang's heart goes ba-thump. And Min's face turns crimson red as she realized what she just said. As if they are being controlled, they stop moving in unison in the middle of the road. Trying to be as bold as she can, Min pulls Gikwang's hand until both of them are covered by the umbrella. The distance between them is even closer than before but they do realize that they don't want to step back even for a bit since both of them feel the overwhelming comfortable feeling when they are like that. 

 

♦♦♦

 

"Thank you uncle!"

 

Suzy walks out from the flower shop, carrying a basket of flower that her mother requested. She opens her umbrella and starts walking but her steps are stopped when she spots two familiar figures are standing so close to each other under a black umbrella in the middle of the rain. They look so passionately in love with each other and Suzy clutches her chest tightly, wondering why she feels that way.

Seeing the couple being so close makes her chest painful and her tears stained her pretty face unconsciously. Shaking off her head to remove the weird feeling she has, Suzy walks through the rain passing Gikwang and Min with her head lowered to hide her silent tears that falls without reason together with the pouring rain. 

 

 


Hello! I'm finally here again after God-knows-how-long!

I'm so super sorry for my so very slow update! Idk, its just I often get writer-block... T.T

Thank you for the subcribers who are still here with me... Please keep supporting me till the end! ><

This chapter is kinda short, dont you think? Again, its another writer block but somehow I can make such a chapter, I hope it doesnt disappoint you? 

I will try my best to update it again as soon as I can! 

Comment please ! <3