9: Give Me A Break

Strange Attraction

The following day was another disaster for Eunhee.

 

"Basically we are in charge of many roles even though our positions are only waiter or waitress. For example, serving the food, being the cashier, cleaning the plates and bowls and even cleaning the place up if you are working the night shift. Clear?" Eunhee explained.

 

Chen nodded his head innocently like a small child.

 

"Okay now serve this plate of chicken chop and mushroom soup to that group of middle-aged women over there." Eunhee pointed to the sumptious-looking plates of food that was just served out from the kitchen.

 

"No problem! I will do anything for you, my Juliet!" Chen bowed like a gentleman before scooping up the tray of food gracefully and stride towards the ladies in a dramatic way.

 

He was about to reach his destination when his feet tripped over a chair's leg and the tray of food went flying into the air until...

 

PLOP! The piece of chicken chop landed just nicely on one of the lady's head and the mushroom soup had found its way all over her lap!

 

Eunhee's right eye started to twitch in anger. Why can't he do anything right?!

 

The victim of Chen's carelessness was shaking slightly in shock and anger. She was about to lash out at the dumbfounded waiter who made the mess until her eyes landed on that charming face of his. She made eye contact with him for a few seconds before faking a cough and looked away. She removed the piece of chicken from her head and pretended to be angry at Chen.

 

"See what you did to me! I demand a compensation! Give me your phone number so that i can contact you regarding the money!" She tried to be harsh but anyone could tell she was not at all angry but plainly just trying to ask for his number.

 

Eunhee's jaw almost dropped to the floor. Is this even possible?!

 

"Of course, of course! I should compensate you. Pass your phone to me!" replied a delighted Chen who was glad that she didn't mention about lodging a complaint against him.

 

"I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused. Let me bring you a new set of food and clean up this place shortly." Chen bowed politely after punching in the respective numbers.

 

Chen headed back to the furious Eunhee whose hands were planted on her hips, obviously very displeased with his performance. "Did you see her hitting on me? Even noonas can't resist my charms hohoho." Chen snickered and his own face.

 

Eunhee resisted the urge not to flip him over and smash him into a pancake.

 

"No, i didn't see anything. Now serve this plate of dory fish. You better not mess up this time or you will be packing up your things on your second day of work!"

 

"Yes ma'am!" Chen saluted her and proceeded to serve the food carefully. Everything went smoothly and Chen flashed her a peace sign when he returned.

 

 


 

 

The clock striked 10 p.m. and Mr Kim flipped the 'OPEN' sign, which now showed 'CLOSE' on the outside.

 

"You, over there!" Eunhee pointed to Chen,"go get the mop and clean the floor!"

 

"Hey i have a name! You can call me Chen Chen or even Jongdae OPPA!" Chen winked at her.

 

"Ugh don't make me vomit out my dinner please." Eunhee made choking noises and headed to the changing room to change out of her uniform.

 

When she returned, she found Chen singing to Love Story by Taylor Swift, using the mop as a mike.

 

"Marry me Juliet. You'll never have to be alone, i love you and that's all i really know. Talk to your dad go pick out a white dress..." Chen sang at the top of his lungs in English.

 

Can this guy give me a break, Eunhee sighed.