6: Failure

Strange Attraction

Chill. I can fix this; he consoled himself and wiped the blood off his face before looking at the girl right in front of him again.

 

“Well, do you remember bumping into some handsome guy at Starbucks earlier on? Like smashing him RIGHT into that precious face of his and causing his nose to almost fall off?” he gazed at her so intensely, purposely emphasizing on the word ‘right’ with an intimidating tone that will cause most people to draw back.

 

However, Eunhee did not even flinch. She was very composed.

 

“Listen here. I did apologise to that so-called ‘handsome’ guy just now and I gave him some money so that he can go to the doctors for a check-up.  And now I’m wondering what he is doing here at my workplace right now,” she retorted sarcastically and signalling inverted commas with her hands at the word ‘handsome’ while rolling her eyes at the same time.

 

Wow this girl got some attitude, but I like it, Chen thought.

 

“As a matter of fact, I stalked you here,” Chen replied honestly. “Because the money you gave me is not enough so I’m here to ask you for more.”

 

Seriously, Chen?! Is this all you can come up with? He scolded himself mentally.

 

“Mr Kim! Someone is making trouble here! Please get him out of here!” Eunhee yelled.

 

Someone really strong grabbed Chen by his arms from behind and literally started dragging him towards the door.

 

Eunhee stuck out her tongue playfully at him as she watched the poor guy being yanked away by force.

 

“I WILL BE BACK, JUNG EUNHEE!” he screamed hysterically like some mad man as he struggled under the man’s grip. Apparently he saw her nametag just now.

 

Chen landed on his as the man named Mr Kim threw him roughly outside the door. “Don’t ever come back here again and make trouble again, get it?” Mr Kim jabbed a finger at him and slammed the door shut.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be back.” Chen muttered to himself.

 

“Need some help?” a familiar voice spoke up beside him and he looked up to see his best friend leaning on the wall coolly like some model in a photo shoot, as usual.

 

“What took you so long? Did you see what that chick did to me? She is one of toughest I have met.” Chen said as he stood up to his feet.

 

“Oh please. I have been behind you since the beginning just that you were so engrossed with your ninja moves that you didn’t even notice me. And I also witnessed how you failed terribly in charming her and now you even got thrown out on your .” Kris scoffed.

 

“For your info, I was trying to imitate an assassin! Get your facts right!” Chen replied childishly and walked off.

 

Kris shook his head and smiled. “I don’t see any difference.” And he followed after Chen.

 

 


 

Meanwhile, Eunhee was raking her brain as she found Chen awfully familiar.

 

Where had she seen him before?

 

Still, she can't figure out, probably due to her poor memory. Forget it, Eunhee thought.