2: The Attraction

Strange Attraction

Chen's POV

"Neo ttaemune manhido ureosseo, maeil bam nan
Neo ttaemune manhido useosseo, geudae ttaemune"

 

The oh-so-familiar ringtone by my favourite girl group, After School, gracefully floated into my ears and I jabbed the 'Answer' button on my phone without even looking at the caller ID, knowing who the person calling was.

 

"The person you are calling is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Beep." I said in a monotone and robotic voice, while holding my Blackberry phone with my left hand and my right hand was busy with the buttons on a remote control, trying to find the channel i wanted to watch on the television.

 

"Not funny, Chen Chen." Mr-Angry-Bird-Pokerfaced Kris bellowed from the other end of the line.

 

I cringed at the nickname he gave me recently, but i accepted it since it makes me sound kind of... cute? And not to mention, girls like to call me by that name too, but it just sounds really weird coming from my best friend.

 

"And i thought i was being the most humorous guy in the world." I replied sarcastically. "So what's up dude? Did some chick reject you or did you lose your son, Acer, or whatever you call that, which sounds so much like a computer brand."

 

Apparently, i messed up the name on purpose. Ha.Ha.Ha

 

And this best friend of mine has this really really really strange habit of bringing an Alcapa toy everywhere(except for bathing) and calls it his son, and giving him a name too, Ace. Apparently, he even brings his 'son' on dates too, i thought girls will be freaked out by his behaviour, but he proved me wrong. They actually find it adorable. Oh.my.freaking.gosh.

 

"For your information, THE name's Ace and i was only planning to ask this Mr-Most-Humorous-Guy over here if he would like to chill out at Starbucks since i have all the time in the world now." Kris scoffed and i can totally imagine him rolling his eyes with that usual cocky expression of his.

 

And so, i find myself strolling along the streets, with my hands tucked into my jeans pocket, heading to coffeehouse located a few streets away from my house. Winter is approaching soon, which pretty much explains the mist that escapes from my mouth whenever i let out a breath and coffee is just the right medicine to warm me up.

 

I was welcomed by the sweet aromatic scent of coffee the minute i stepped into Starbucks and workaholics and students could be seen forming a long queue right in front of the counters while some were just slacking or chatting at their own seats. I scanned the area for an empty seat and spotted one straight away, right smack in the middle of the coffeehouse.

 

I started to stroll towards the empty seat. Along the way, some girls were waving at me, obviously star-struck with how good-looking i am, and i sent them a flirtatious wink which makes them squeal in delight and swoon over me.

 

Tsk, girls are so easy to handle.

 

I set my down on one of the chairs and whipped out my phone to play games. Knowing Kris, he was never early because mainly he is a dawdler or he will be hooking up some girl God knows where.

 

 

I got bored of the game after a while and began to look around at my surroundings since I had nothing better to do anyway. That’s when I noticed a girl sitting at the table right opposite mine.

 

 

She has long wavy black jet hair that flows wildly over her shoulder, and she was slouched over her laptop, scrunching up her eyebrows every now and then. I have no idea why I am even noticing her too. Her face has no distinct features and nothing about her stands out at all. She was wearing a blue T-shirt with some prints on top, with short jeans with sandals.

 

Everything about her just seems so… plain. Yet, I can’t peel my eyes away from her and just stared at her like she has three heads, with my mouth slightly ajar. I must look like a total idiot now, but I just can’t control myself at that moment.

 

What I have not expected happened so quickly. Her head swooped up so suddenly and we locked eyes immediately. She gave me a ‘What’s-wrong-with-this guy’ look and she typed something at her laptop before packing up and head for the exit hurriedly.

 

Whoops I think I scared her. I hope I don’t look like ET or some creepy stalker when I stared at her so blatantly like that.

 

My eyes were still fixed on the door that the girl exited from when Kris snapped his fingers right in front of my face which brought me back to reality.

 

A/N: Basically this chapter belongs to the same timeframe as chapter 1, just that it's from different point of view. So yeah. I just started the story so i shouldn't expect much response from my readers yet. Keep supporting me alright?(: