5: Plan B

Strange Attraction

Chen darted to the shop just opposite and appeared a few minutes after, with a black dark blue baseball draped over his head. He hid himself behind a big sturdy wall, and poked out his head slightly to spot Eunhee.

 

There she was, heading right towards the exit, towards Chen.

 

His eyes widened in surprise and whipped his head back to the front so hastily that he strained his neck. “What an unlucky day. Getting my face smashed and now even my neck is doing this to me…” He grumbled softly while holding his neck like an old man and stalked off in the direction of where Eunhee went.

 

He darted behind walls and plants, like an assassin on an important mission, only that he wasn't going to assassinate anybody.

 

Beads of perspiration dripped down from his face due to the all the anxiety from the stalking despite the freezing cold weather. ‘Why isn’t she stopping? I’m feeling drained out,’ Chen thought as he squatted behind a tree, fanning himself with his hands.

 

Wait, why am I even doing this? I have no lack of girls around me and some of them literally threw themselves at me *cough cough*. That’s not the main point. I shouldn’t do this anymore; Chen fought with himself mentally and turned his body around, planning to leave.

 

No! This doesn’t suit me at all! I am not someone who gives up so easily! He changed his mind once again, and continued his ‘chase’.

 

Soon after, Eunhee entered an eatery named Sam’s Kitchen. It was situated quite far off from the city and looks really dilapidated, and it could tumble down any moment. The sign with the words ‘Sam’s Kitchen’ was hanging down sloppily from the roof with only one nail supporting it. Chen shakes his head at the sight in front of him but still turned the rusty knob on the door and entered the eatery.

 

He expected an equally gloomy ambience inside, just like what the exterior showed. But he was proved wrong. The interior was elegantly decorated with shimmering lights, magnificent drawings of burgers and all kinds of fast foods were hung neatly on the walls. The floor was polished and it shined from the brilliant lighting emitted from the ceiling. However, there was only one couple and a lonely elderly man dining in the eatery.

 

Where is she?

 

Just then, Chen saw her at the counter, fumbling with her name tag and her work uniform. Today might be my lucky day after all, he mentally smirked.

 

He straightened out his clothes and took off his hat before striding towards Eunhee confidently.

 

Chen rested his right elbow on the counter and used his hand to prop his head up, a playful expression appeared on his face as he used his gaze to pierce through Eunhee’s eyes.

 

“Hey babe. Want to hang out after work?” he asked with a seductive tone and biting his bottom lips, which can make any girl go crazy.

 

However, she only gawked at him in disgust and her eyes were wide with surprise.

 

Chen raised his eyebrows curiously. “What?”

 

“You…” she pointed at his nose and whipped out a handheld mirror out of nowhere. “Look and you will know."

 

Chen peered at his own reflection in the mirror and almost fainted. His nose was bright crimson red and there were blotches of dried-up blood right under his nose.

 

Well done, Chen. This is the second time that you have embarrassed yourself in front of her, he thought glumly.

 

 

 

A/N: So yeah. I made Chen some type of stalker guy in this fic, but he's a nice person deep down hehe ^_^