1: The Meeting

Strange Attraction

Eunhee’s POV

I watched as many people scurried around like there’s no tomorrow and the world is going to end soon. Okay I know I like to exaggerate a lot, but that’s me. Take it or leave it.

 

I am sipping a cup of Vanilla Latte at Starbucks while working on my one-month-to-deadline assignment on my laptop resting nicely just on my lap. I have a habit of not using the table as a support for some unknown reasons that I, myself have no idea too. And I just don’t like to waste time on such time-consuming stuff since I have to rush to my next part-time job soon after.

 

After one hour or so, the crowd at Starbucks began to die down as lunch time is drifting away as the clock ticked by. I began to relax myself as I was acting oblivious to the stares people were giving me an hour ago, due to the fact that I was blatantly occupying the seat when I was done with my latte long ago.

 

My assignment was almost completed and I was raking my brain for the last sentence. The perfect last sentence to end my perfect work. Ha.

 

I tore my tired eyes away from the screen, stretched my body and flexed my muscles slightly due to the furious typing just now without stopping. My eyes have not left my laptop at all since just now.

 

That’s when I noticed a really strange guy STARING at me. He was seated on a two-seater table directly opposite mine. Literally staring like there’s a huge mole on my face or he’s never seen a human before. Oh wait. He’s a human too, but his dashing looks make him look out of the world.

 

He has beautiful eyes, and they will be really beautiful if he wasn’t using them to stare at me so creepily. His hairstyle compliments perfectly with his milky white skin tone and a strong and defined jaw line traced the sides of his face. He was wearing a simple white T-shirt with an expensive and exquisite looking black leather jacket and simple jeans which makes his exotic (see what I did there?) looks stand out even more.

 

Oh man. Was I checking him out?

 

I always had a thing for guys who are good-looking but never bothered to try to get close to them. One, I don't have the curve nor have the looks. To put it simply, I was a Plain Jane. Two, I was ostracised in school, except for my best friend, Ae Jin, who stood by me no matter what. I can only say that I am one lucky girl in the world. Last but not least, good-looking guys will naturally go for good-looking girls. None will take interest in such a simple-looking girl like me. End of story. Back to the present.

 

I gave him a bewildered look and looked anywhere but him. I mean, he’s really handsome and it should be considered a good thing that he is actually looking at me, but I’m getting creeped out.

 

I typed the last sentence of my work hastily before closing the laptop screen and rushing out of Starbucks.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Okay this first chapter was a rather short chapter but i hope you guys like it!<3