chapter 9

Winning My Bestfriend’s Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhyuk is admiring the view in front of her, Han river, with the lights of the city reflected on its surface, accompanied by the moonlight and the stars. She glanced at her surroundings, realizing that no one is actually around at the time. As she tightened her jacket, Eunhyuk is slightly grinning.

The plan will come to a big success.

“Hey, sorry I’ve made you wait…”

Eunhyuk surprised by a sudden light pat on her shoulder. As she turned around, she learns that the person is Haejin. She hoped that Haejin won’t notice her suspicious grin earlier.

“Oh, Jin, finally you’ve came…”. stood up as she cleaned the dust from her sweatpants, Eunhyuk showed her bright smile to Haejin. Of course the super bright smile means something.

For a second, Haejin is looking at her amusedly.

“Aigoo…practicing again?”

Eunhyuk shrugged her head, stretching her arms muscle purposedly.

“Well, what to do, comeback is getting near. I better prepare myself morethan before, right?”

“But look at you, you look so tired, are you sure you still want to talk about our plan now?”

“Yeah, we have to. I’m sure once SNSD have their comeback, we won’t be able to plan anything…”

“Their…?”

Eunhyuk cursed silently as Haejin actually noticed her small slipped word. She’s so used of having a comeback with Super Junior, still sometimes unaware that she is now a member of SNSD.

“E-eh? What did you mean?”, she acts clueless.

“You just said their?”

“T-their…? Maybe you heard it wrong, I just said our comeback…”, Eunhyuk shifted uncomfortably on her feet, as she tried to avoids any eyecontact with Haejin.

One more slipped word, and she’ll probably be suspected on. Eunhyuk won’t let that happen.

“Umm…by the way, Jin, can we come inside your car? It’s a little cold here…”, trying to divert Haejin’s attention, Eunhyuk is boldly acting as if she’s having serious coldness. At a time like this, she is actually quite good in acting. She, herself wondering though.

“O-oh yeah sure. I’m sorry, I’ve made you wait for too long that you felt cold…”, Haejin grabbed Eunhyuk’s shoulder in sudden, leading her to sits on the passenger seat. “But where is your car anyway?”, Haejin asks as he turns on the car’s heater.

“I went here by taxi…”

“Oh, is that so…”

“But don’t worry, I can go home by myself, you don’t have to drive me home later, okay?”, Eunhyuk is fast to cut off, as if she can actually reads what’s on Haejin’s mind.

“No no, that’s not what I mean. I’m just worried that something might happen to you if you take the public transportation, so I think next time it will be better if you just call me…okay?”, Eunhyuk turned around, only to find Haejin’s concerned expression. “And about later, I’ll just drive you home, agree?”, Haejin smiled, followed by Eunhyuk’s smug smile.

‘There you go, Lee Haejin. Keeps on give some care on me, you’ll be done in the next minute.’

Although half of Eunhyuk’s inner self can’t stop but feeling guilty, her selfish self is actually enjoying the ‘revenge’.

“So, should we talk about our plan for Donghae now?”, Eunhyuk is getting excited all of sudden, stretching her arms for comfort.

 

~WinningMyBestfriend’sHeart~

 

Donghae is humming a song while driving carefully, sometimes glancing at the bouquet lying on the passenger seat. He was having so much fun this day, and ending the day with the person he loves will surely complete his happiness.

As he imagined the times he’ll spend with Eunhyuk at the Han river later, Donghae can’t help but giggling nonchalantly. Finally, some alone time with his dearest Eun. It has been so long since he spent quality times with Eunhyuk anyway.

“My Eunnie~ wait for me okay…”, Donghae keeps on humming the song childishly, as he glances at his watch a couple times.

“I hope she won’t catch a cold…aish…how could I haven’t arrived there? Eun will surely mad at me if I come late…”

Totally unaware of the current situation at Han river, Donghae is speeding his car, hoping to meet his lover as soon as possible.

 

~WinningMyBestfriend’sHeart~

 

“Haish…I shouldn’t believe that unknown number information…something interesting? This is totally absurd.”, Hyunhee fixed her nametag as she continue to roam around Han river area. As far as her eyes could saw, all that present is the silence.

But just then, when she was about to going back to her car, her eagle eyes suddenly noticed something.

“Wait a minute…why do that car looks so familiar?”, she told herself.

Still thinking whether she really knows who’s the owner of the car, she’s walking closer silently. She took out a block note from her backpack, searching through a list she made.

“Oh my…no wonder it looks familiar!”, she jumped out excitedly, but just then realized that she might got caught by the owner of the car if she didn’t keep silent.

Walking even more closer to the car, she’s hiding between the brushes. She peeked who’s inside the car once in a while, tried to confirm her guess. But just then, she heard giggles that seems to came from the inside of the car, followed by a sudden sound of a car coming by.

She glanced at the new arriving car, and gasped in second.

“Oh my! That unknown number sure didn’t lie! This is indeed sooo interesting!!” Hyunhee suddenly burst out happily, thanking whoever the person that had sent her the text message yesterday.

Of course she knew it too well whose car that just arriving. Being his ultimate fan is her side-job after all.

“Omo omo! I should take out my camera!!”, she excitedly grabbed her DSLR, trying not to get caught while preparing her camera to catch her bias’ handsome feature, and at the same time, concentrating to find out whose the owner of the previous car.

 

~WinningMyBestfriend’sHeart~

 

“Hahaha!!! Aigoo, you’re really make me laughing so hard Eun!!”

“Haha! It’s a brilliant idea, isn’t it??”

“Yepp, absolutely brilliant! I’m sure Donghae will never think about it!!”

Silently, Eunhyuk is glancing at Haejin’s direction, somehow feels pitiful to told him such a fake idea for her and Donghae’s surprise anniversary, which is a lie from the very beginning. But like she had determined before, she will win after Donghae’s heart only for her, no matter what.

While Haejin is still as clueless as a puppy while laughing out loud, Eunhyuk slightly begins to roam her eyes around her surroundings. Soon, her corner eye found Donghae’s car already drifting near to the Han river entrance.

‘Time for the real show…’, Eunhyuk thought in her mind, as she opened the car’s door and step outside.

“Eun, where do you wanna go?”, Haejin who is still abit dazed from the intense laugh, noticed.

“Jin let’s take a selca together.”

“Selca?”, feels some hesitation in Haejin’s voice, Eunhyuk fastly think of an excuse to persuade him.

“Eyyy, don’t think about it too much. I just want to perpetuate a moment when we, Donghae’s girlfriend and Donghae’s bestfriend, plotting such a big surprise for our beloved Donghae. I think it will be amusing for a documentary file later…isn’t it?”, still acts calmly, Eunhyuk eventually grins when Haejin nods his head, signaling silently that he is indeed agree with the idea.

And so, Haejin stepped out of his car, watching Eunhyuk as she took out her phone from her sweatpants pocket. Eunhyuk linking her arm with Haejin’s out of a sudden, making Haejin a little bit shocked eventually.

“Is anything wrong?”, Eunhyuk asked innocently, or more specific, trying to sound innocent.

“N-nothing…”, Haejin answered hesitantly, uncomfortable absolutely drawn on his face. “But don’t you think that it’s a little bit too close?”

‘That’s my intention…silly.’, again, Eunhyuk’s inner self answered.

“Umm…do you think so? But I thought that it’s normal between friends?”, she’s still trying to persuade Haejin. They should at least get close enough, so their ‘relationship’ will seem real. That was Eunhyuk’s plan.

“Come on Jin, you should hug my shoulder too!”, Eunhyuk encouraged Haejin to do a funny pose, whilst Haejin did in the end.

“Alright! Let’s count to three!”

“One!”

“Two!”

“Th-“

“What the hell is going on here?!”

Not getting enough time to actually press the camera button, both Eunhyuk and Haejin got shocked by a sudden grip on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter