chapter 4

Winning My Bestfriend’s Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa, are you okay?”

Donghae feels a tap on his shoulder, as he turned his head only to see Haejin’s face is looking at him worriedly, as she hold two cups of coffee in both hands.

“Thanks…”, Donghae took a cup to his hand, signaling Haejin to sits beside him.

Both of them just stayed silence for God’s knows how long, while their eyes currently staring at the children practicing for the choir.

Donghae is now spending his time in the church at the countryside of Seoul with Haejin. It has been his routine since about some months ago. The church isn’t a big one, but he feels calm everytime  he came there and met the kids. Seeing those kids singing happily  and teaching them some singing lesson once in a while just makes Donghae’s mood boost in a positive way. He head there soon after he finished his photoshoot schedule for the day. None of the members nor managers know about this routine of him, even Eunhyuk. Donghae just feels that the place could be his runaway from his usual idol life. Here, he can say what he wanted without afraid of being caught by the paparazzi or anything. The people here are kind enough to keep his matters secret, including Haejin. He feels less burdened here.

“So…oppa. It seems like you didn’t answer my question yet.”, Haejin’s voice breaks the silence between the two, as Donghae made his way to look at the girl.

“Well, I couldn’t say that. In fact, I was kind of troubled.”

Donghae answered truthfully, his sighed proved the thought.

“Then tell me. You know that you can always trust me…”

Donghae looked at the girl beside him, hesitantly. He hauled his breath a couple of times, assuring himself that he can trust the girl like what she just said. Haejin already knew most of his private matters anyway. She could just sold the infos to the media, but she didn’t. That mean she can be trusted enough isn’t she?

“You know, Eunhyuk was acting so weird these days. I’m afraid that he might suspected something, and that was the last thing I wanted to happen. It can’t be revealed to the media or any people even Eunhyuk, at least not now. I’m scared that it might ruin everything if any other people knows about this…”, Donghae sighed desperately.

Donghae might looked okay outside, but honestly he had a very hard battling inside his mind. Only him and Haejin know about this, and the fact that he can’t even tell the matter to his bestfriend just make it more burdened. Eunhyuk would usually knows what to do, but Donghae knows pretty well that he has to solve this one by himself.

“Oppa, you think too much.”

“Huh? What do you mean? It is a very serious matter, of course I have to think about it much.”

“Aish, what I mean is, just let it flow as for now. I’m sure that fate will bring all of this into one piece in the end…”, Haejin answered him reassuringly as she tapped his shoulder once more. Donghae just smiled in return. He knows, he can count on Haejin in this matter.

“Okay, I think we should go back now. I’m sure your manager will not like it if he knows you were strolling around instead of going home after the photoshoot ended.”, Haejin drags his right hand as they bid goodbye to the choir and the priest. Donghae was half way opened the church’s door when suddenly the flashes of cameras blinded his vision.

“Aish! Wh-what is this?!”, Donghae cursed silently, as the sudden questions thrown on him makes his head dizzy. He can feels Haejin clutched his shirt tightly, trying to escaped from the reporter that blocking their way.

‘How can they knew that I’m here?! don’t tell me these paparazzi followed me?!’, Donghae cursed silently.

They keeps on running, or much to say walking fast avoiding the intense  blitz and questions from the reporters. Donghae managed to grabs his car key and Haejin to the passenger seat, before heading to the driver’s seat. But then the last question he heard made his body stiffened in front of the steering wheel.

“Donghae! is she your girlfriend?!”

Donghae managed to escaped from the reporters and drove away from the church. He glanced to Haejin and saw that the girl had the same pale expression as him.

Bad. This is really really bad.

~WinningMyBestfriend’sHeart~

Eunhyuk is driving his car silently, glancing at the rearview mirror once in a while. He doesn’t know why he even do that, because there is absolutely no paparazzi or reporter following around. Maybe he was too much used with idols life, until he forgot what it feels like to live a normal life. He feels glad thought that no fans following either, or else his plan might be ruined. They are so much more smarter than reporters sometimes, like ninja.

a sudden crowd outside a small church caught Eunhyuk’s attention when he passed by, makes him stopped his car in sudden.

 ‘It is the countryside of Seoul already, why are there so many reporters in front of that church? Do they hold a special event or something?’, Eunhyuk questioned himself as he drove his car slowly until it reach thick bushes a kilometer away from the church. He stopped his car there until it covered by the bushes, makes it invisible  by the reporters at the church. He glanced silently as he keeps his head low, doesn’t want to be noticed by the reporters. But then a minute passed and Eunhyuk afraid that his eyes might do a trick on him, because his vision caught Donghae’s car being the center of attention.

“H-Hae? W-What is he doing…here?”, he murmured to himself as he sees a white Porsche drove away from the church, as the reporters still trying to chase after behind. What shocking more is that he isn’t alone, but with a girl sitting beside him.

Eunhyuk lowered his head more and prayed that Donghae won’t notice his car as he passed by Eunhyuk’s, heading opposite way from where Eunhyuk’s destination is. He glanced at the rearview mirror and sees that Donghae already drove away, leaving the reporters behind. After he saw that the reporters already head back to the church, Eunhyuk sprinted his car and turned his car to Donghae’s direction without a second thought, and drove faster.

Eunhyuk keeps on making speculations about the occurrence on his way, his mind clouded by an unknown coldness. As he tried to get rid of a single tear that begins to form on his eyes, he caught the sight of Donghae’s car just some more meters infront. The car parked sideways, making him wondering even more just what did Donghae have in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter