chapter 3

Winning My Bestfriend’s Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here Hyukkie?”

Eunhyuk froze in his position, as he glanced at the wide open door. Crap. He cursed in his mind. How could he forgot to closed the door first?!

“H-Hae….?”, he stuttered in his words, as he knew exactly that he just caught red-handed by Donghae.

“Why are you holding my phone?”

Eunhyuk cursed for the umpteenth time. He put Donghae’s phone back to the drawer, as he’s still looking at Donghae who is now walking to his direction. He didn’t even have time to prepare any excuses before he realized Donghae already stood right in front of him, looking at him with a mixtured between confused and suspicious expressions.

“O-oh…it was….umm, your phone’s alarm rang when I got here, so I think I should just turned it off…”, Eunhyuk smiled his half-heartedly gummy smile as he prayed that Donghae will not get anymore suspicions with his excuse. But for God’s sake who’d believe that reason anyway?! Even a six years old kid will think that was very ridiculous.

‘Your phone’s alarm?! Yah you stupid Hyukjae!!’, again, Eunhyuk cursed his mind as he waits for anything that might comes from Donghae’s lips. He knew that Donghae was very mad at him before, and Eunhyuk just made everything even worse than it already was.

“Oh…I see. Thanks anyway. I didn’t even remember I turned any alarm on, but I guess I’m just too forgetful to even remember it do I? hahahaha!”

Eunhyuk startled as he looks at Donghae’s childish smile, who is now making his way to sit beside Eunhyuk.

‘Really? Just like that? He believes my reason that easily?? Aish…really! This five years old….no wonder he got tricked so easily sometimes!’

Eunhyuk chuckled unconsciously, forgetting his main reason to go see Donghae.

“Yah, why are you laughing like that? Why do you here anyway?”

Eunhyuk’s consciousness back after he heard Donghae’s word. Oh, right. He was about to apologize to Donghae for his behaviour earlier.  But why does it seem like Donghae just talk to him casually without any anger drawn on his face?

“Umm…I want to apologize, Hae. I know I was so wrong to brought up that thing in a not so right time. You were tired but still, I yelled at you and said words that not supposed to, and make you angry also. I’m sorry….”, Eunhyuk looks at Donghae apologetically, as he sees the smiling Donghae instead of the stern Donghae.

“Why are you apologizing? I forgot about it already anyway. I think I was the one at fault here. I know you guys were just worrying about me, since I didn’t give any call since I left the dorm this dawn. But well….i think the only thing I need was a cold shower, and problem solved.”, Donghae’s smile goes even more wider, full of sincerity in it, makes Eunhyuk mesmerized by it in second.

That’s the side that only Donghae could show. The side that makes Eunhyuk’s heart flustered everytime he sees it. The side that makes Eunhyuk’s heart goes upside down and feels forbidden feeling for his own friend. The childish, yet sincere and cheerful side of Donghae.

Sometimes, Eunhyuk couldn’t understand how could Donghae forgive everybody that easily? But then again, maybe that’s why he has many friends, and got many love in return. That’s because Donghae just shared the sincere love to anybody he could meet, no matter who it is.

“Yah Lee Hyukjae, you’re daydreaming again.”, Donghae flicked Eunhyuk’s forehead lightly, bringing him back to reality.

Jus t then Eunhyuk realized that he has one thing that stuck in his mind. ‘Should I ask him? But he aren’t mad at me anymore, I think it will be okay.’, Eunhyuk’s busying himself with his thoughts that he didn’t realize Donghae is looking at him intensely.

“Haejin, she is a part of a new debuted girl group.”, Donghae began, as if he can read what’s in Eunhyuk’s mind right now. Eunhyuk just stay silent as he listens to Donghae’s story, since that was what bothering his mind anyway.

“She also came from Mokpo. We met and knew each other during a time when I went to the church last month. Although we just met but I kind of feel a strong connection with her, maybe because we came from the same city. Just last night she called me and told me that her dad passed away, and I couldn’t help to met her straight away and comforted her, that I almost forgot about the schedules. Sorry Hyukkie, you guys must be very disappointed to me…”, Donghae said apologetically.

“You must be cared so much for her then…”, Eunhyuk blurted out in sudden.

“Eh?”

“The thing that you just told me, it means that you care a lot about her, do you?”

A cheeky smile appeared on Donghae’s face.

“Well, I can’t tell. It’s just, I feel a lot of similarities with her. She came far away from Mokpo and left her family to become an idol. She had the almost same story with me. I knew that she worked really hard for this state,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter