chapter 5

Winning My Bestfriend’s Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Eunhyuk’s POV-

Where am I?

Why do I feel lighter?

Did I die already?

Am I in heaven now?

But my head feels so numb. Dead people weren’t supposed to feel any pain, right? Plus my backbone feels like cracking.

“Oh my god!! You’re awake!! I’ll call the doctor  okay?!”

Who is that? The voice sounds so familiar, but I can’t recall who. And why can’t I open my eyes? Now that I heard the voice, I’m sure enough I didn’t die…yet. Maybe…I’m in the hospital? But why?

Why…why did I end up in the hospital? I was driving before….wasn’t I? oh, right…then I went to the temple. I went to the temple….and….and I wrote that stupid wish.

That’s right! How could I forgot?! Everything became a chaos when I threw that paper inside the wooden box! The wind blew! The strange push and pull! I hit a tree! I ing hardly hit a tree!

Ugh, I wasn’t dreaming then. But how could I ended up here? Who brought me here?

My throat, it feels so dry. I need water….

“T-thirsty…..”

Who is that? I’m quite sure I said the word, but the voice….that wasn’t me. Someone is copying my word?

“Thirsty? You want a drink? Wait here, okay? I’ll get you some water. And I’ve contacted Donghae oppa already, he’s still on his schedule. He’ll head here as soon as he finish. Oh and don’t worry, those paparazzi won’t ever get your picture. They are stuck at the entrance. And the other members are on the way here.”

I heard the same familiar voice . I couldn’t fully register what she said, but the mention of Donghae’s name caught my attention.

Slowly, I tried to open my eyes. It feels so heavy, but I managed to fully opened it. I saw a glimpse of long blond hair back facing me heading to the door, before the door slowly closed.

I scanned the whole room, and realized that I am indeed in the hospital. I’m alone here, and almost everything are white.

“D-donghae…”

I tried to voiced out Donghae’s name, but instead,  that unfamiliar voice copying me again.

“S-strange….”

Again, I tried to mumble something, but the same unfamiliar voice  reflected my thought.

No, something is not right. I’m alone here, how come another person’s voice could be heard from here?

Ugh, I feel like throwing up. My stomach aches so much, my head too. I shouldn’t think too much. 

‘I really need to throw up…’

Bathroom…this room should be having a bathroom, right? Again, I scanned the whole room more clearly. And not long after, I saw a door at the corner of the room. That must be the bathroom. But the IV kind of blocking my way…why did they attach this  to my wrist anyway? Is my condition really that bad?

‘Aish the hell with that, I really need to throw up!’

Then with much efforts, I decided to stood up from my hospital bed, along with the IV on my left hand. Slowly I’m walking to the bathroom, leaning on the wall as my support.

“OUGH! OUGH!! OUGH!”

I threw up. I really did. What is more painful is the fact that nothing comes up from my stomach. It’s empty, and all that comes up from my mouth is my body fluids.

“What have I done….?”

I tried to speak up, but why did that voice keep on copying me?! And what is this ticklish feelings on my back?! My fringe also getting longer?!

Argh my head feels so dizzy, screw with these madness, I need to be back to my bed!

-End of Eunhyuk’s POV-

Eunhyuk wiped the vomits trace, and slowly heading to the bathroom door. Halfway, Eunhyuk glanced to the mirror….

“AAAA!!!!”

 …..and screamed in second.

“W-who are you?! No! Y-you’re the one copying me!! Why are you keep following my words?! U-uh? W-wait a minute….t-this i-is….not r-right….”, Eunhyuk’s eyes widened as realization hits Eunhyuk’s brain.

Eunhyuk touched the mirror in front.

“N-no….T-this couldn’t be….Is it….M-my w-wish?”, Eunhyuk frozen, kept glancing to the mirror.

One second…

Two seconds…

Three seconds…

…..

“AAAAAAA!!!!”, a not-so-manly scream echoed in the room, and soon, Eunhyuk felt everything went black.

At the same time, the door slammed open, revealing the blond girl from earlier, and a guy with white suit, shocked by the scream.

“EUN!”

~WinningMyBestfriend’sHeart~

“Is she awake?”

“How long have she’s been in comma?”

“How could she found fainted in the bathroom?”

“OMO! She moved her fingers just now!”

Slowly Eunhyuk starting to get conscious, aware of the crowded surroundings and somehow familiar voices.

“She’s awake!! Oh my god thank you!!”

“Ugh….h-hurt…”, Eunhyuk felt the cracking back when suddenly someone throwing a tight embrace. “W-what happened…?”

“You fainted in the bathroom Eun, what were you doing there? You could’ve just wait for me…”, a soft hand Eunhyuk’s hair slowly.

“Poor your beautiful long hair….the accident ruined its smoothness….”, still, the same hand Eunhyuk’s fringe while mumbling coherently.

“Aish, Sica, quit it. Eun unnie needs to rest, leave her calm down first!”

Oh right, Jessica. The girl earlier was Jessica, that’s why Eunhyuk found it familiar.

Eunhyuk’s eyes still couldn’t see clearly, but the voice just now is clearly Tiffany’s.

‘And she is right Sica, you should leave this unnie alone, I need to rest…’

Eunhyuk relaxed, but then realization hitting once again.

‘U-unnie….they called me unnie….my-my long hair…and the reflection in the mirror….’

Eunhyuk’s breath hitch in second.

“Oh….my….G-god…”, that’s all Eunhyuk could said, reminiscence the wish on the paper Eunhyuk wrote.

‘I wish I could be a famous and beautiful young idol that everyone dream of, and have Donghae all by myself. I hope I could be a perfect girl everyone want. Become a member of successful girl group like SNSD is even more preferable. Hope Haejin never exist as a member of her girl group.’

Yes, those words Eunhyuk had wrote. Eunhyuk thought that was just a silly wish that wouldn’t came true, but worth a try.

But never did Eunhyuk think that the box really granted Eunhyuk’s wish, in an instant.  And now, Eunhyuk really does become a ‘she’.

Eunhyuk….had turned into a girl. A beautiful one for the case, remembering the reflection she saw earlier.

Wait, about Eunhyuk’s wish, is it mean about the Haejin part….

“Eun-ie, is something wrong? Do you recognize us already baby?”, Eunhyuk woke up from her trance.

Now that Eunhyuk could see clearly, Donghae’s handsome  face appeared in front of her, her hospital bed still being surrounded by most of the SNSD girls, SNSD manager, Donghae, Heechul, and Kangin. The majority are from SNSD, which is strange.

‘Don’t tell me….’

“Eun-ie…?”

Donghae Eunhyuk’s hair lovingly, but she could careless, because lots of thoughts circling her mind right now.

‘I am a girl? What next? And why is Donghae being so lovey dovey toward me?’

“Leave me alone, please.”, in the end, the last words she said make everyone glanced each other, wondering if something had happened to their precious person.

But they’re still giving her space nevertheless, exiting the room and leaving Eunhyuk alone. She could saw Donghae’s lovely smile before he closed the door.

Now that Eunhyuk is alone, she just wanted to scream her frustration out, but that would scare the people outside. Instead, Eunhyuk slowly trying to stand up, grabbing the stick beside her. She glanced to her wrist which is now free from the IV, and she felt grateful for it. Slowly, she walks toward the bathroom, closed her eyes and heaved a deep breath before turning to look at the mirror.

“One….two….t-three….”

Eunhyuk held her breath unconsciously.

The sighed in front of Eunhyuk, just couldn’t be trusted that easy.

There, in the mirror, a beautiful girl with pale skin and long auburn hair is looking straight into Eunhyuk’s eyes. Of course, that girl is none other than Eunhyuk herself.

Yes, her. Although the situation Eunhyuk currently in is very hard to believe, but the mirror won’t lie. Eunhyuk’s manly body, has turn into the girly one.

Slowly, Eunhyuk caressed her cheek. It’s so smooth, even more smooth than Eunhyuk could remember. Eunhyuk’s plump lips, looks so pink and fresh, even without any lipbalm on it.

Soon after, a smiled appeared bit by bit from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter