9 and 5

Royal

 

Minseok age nine. Prince Wufan age five. 
 
Minseok climbed cautiously onto the big royal bed where the prince was still peacefully resting in the ocean of comforters. He crawled to the younger boy and giggled happily but anxiously as well. This would be the first time he was given his duty and he would do it with no mistakes without a doubt. He was to wake his prince and help him dress then bring him down to breakfast where his royal highness awaited. 
 
"Prince? Prince Wu Fan? You must wake for breakfast," Minseok spoke softly  then gently shook the sleeping heir who had still looked as beautiful or peacefully as that day he first saw him. While minseok waited for his prince to awaken he had lean down to kiss the puffy cheek of the prince. He had completed one task that he had done all for the princes life so far. Minseok petted the small princes hair before the prince stirred peeking his eyes open. 
 
"Good morning prince!" Minseok smiled happily kneeling beside the awoken prince. Waiting for the little prince to jump out of bed minseok waited once again telling his little prince to wake. He was getting anxious. He was going to give him a reward for waking. 
 
"P-prince, please get up so you may have breakfast with your royal highness," minseok flustered voice full of anxiety, surely his royal highness was wondering why they were taking such a long time. 
 
"Prince, I'm sorry I will have to use this method, please forgive me," minseok said to his dear prince getting to his feet then jumping for his life to get the price out of bed. Minseok bounced all over the place while The prince did not budge once.  Minseok frowned at his failed attempt. 
 
"P-please, prince wake up," minseok plead grabbing the sleeping prince's hand. The hand that laid limp in his hand squeezed his scaring minseok who let out a small squeak out in surprise though he was twice the baby princes age. How childish, still, of himself. The prince woke and hopped out of his bed like nothing had happened. While minseok was still trying to gather himself before stumbling after the prince. 
 
"P-prince, your clothes has been chosen for you in your closet," minseok fretted catching up to the prince walking beside the younger to his enormous walk in closet. This was the first time minseok had seen the princes wardrobe. This was the first day minseok would be following the prince and saw how he lived his daily life. Minseok stopped in awe, It surely was much more than he had. Then continued walking to the princes chosen clothes displayed and hung in a case. The maids there squabbled over his cuteness, messy morning hair still there. Prince wu fan just stood there face stoic while they giggled over small body parts as they ridded him of his sleep wear. Replaced with his sleep wear was a white dress shirt that had fancy ruffles in the middle of his shirt with frills dressing his cuffs finished with a nice navy blue blazer and tight tan capris. His whole appearance was elegance and royalty all over. 
 
"Prince wu fan, now that you are all set-" minseok stopped talking when the little prince kissed minseoks lips. His first kiss. In shock, fingers felt his lips, the young prince walked ahead and minseok once again stumbled to follow along beside the small prince. Minseok was not to question the little princes action. The little prince may have not thought much of it as a simple action of affection, since he was still a very young child. Minseok has been the only other person the prince played with beside some other possible future wife's. The other kingdom not so fond of prince wu fans birth or life so they do not associate unless needed since both of the empires will have kings. 
 
Minseok walked beside the young prince down to the dinning room where his royal highness awaited patiently. A warm smile spread across the royal highnesses face as her prince came to sit beside her. Minseok only led prince wu fan that far before stepping onto the sidelines where he watched the royals eat happily. 
 
Minseok surely felt envious of the prince whom still at least had his own mother and was able to eat with her. Minseok wished to know his parents but wouldn't know if he would be spiteful toward them for leaving him when he was just first born. But that'd just be a thought that will never happened since minseok has long forgotten his origin never knowing it. Erasing the thought from his mind as he was distracted by the princes voice. 
 
"Mother, I don't want to eat unless minseok does too," prince wu fan said to his royal highness before turning to minseok who now faced the wall. Minseok dare not to look at the royals keeping his head down. He had already eaten breakfast early before he went to awake his dear prince. He felt ashamed if he did eat with them having no sort of beneficial status to them. 
 
"Minseok, would you please join us for breakfast?" His royal highnesses voice was so warm and welcoming he was very tempted. Minseok turned to answer his royal highness, speaking to the wall would be a rude action and disrespect to his royal highness. 
 
Minseok fidgeted twiddling his fingers behind his back, "your royal highness, I-I thank you for such an honor but I've already eaten long before."
 
Prince wu fan pouted and turned away in his seat and his royal highness smiled. Minseok shifted uncomfortably changing his answer seeing how stubborn prince Wu fan was being.  
 
"I-I may as well if it may do well to prince wu fan, I would like him to eat his breakfast," minseok said with a hint of defeat. His royal majesty smiled happily letting minseok sit across from prince wu fan. As he took his seat across from prince wu fan who smiled at him he was served breakfast once again. 
 
After breakfast was art lessons but there usually a bit of time before prince wu fan learns. So Prince Wufan usually played before art lesson. 
 
"Prince wu fan, you're getting dirty," minseok said as he watched the young prince scare the girls off with mud on his cheeks and hands full with a glob of mud. Prince wu fan smiled mischievously before throwing the blob of mud into minseoks face and then attacking him rubbing the mud into his clothes. The prince laughed happily at minseoks messy self mud painting his face. 
 
"PRINCE!" Minseok said through gritted teeth. "That is enough, you've got to get to your art lesson."
 
Wiping at his face of the mud he took the princes hand. "We've got to wash up." You little trouble maker, minseok thought as he walked to the princes chamber. 
 
Once minseok had set up the bath he ridded prince wu fan of his clothes and shed his clothes off joining the little prince. 
 
"Prince wu fan, don't you dare start a water fight," minseok said stopping the glint in prince wu fans eyes. 
 
"Let me just wash you up then we may get to art lessons," minseok said as he grabbed the soap to scrub the little trouble maker princes face. 
 
"Okay let's go to art lessons, I'll be in the back of the room if you'd like me there prince wu fan otherwise I will wait for you outside the room."
 
"Stay with me," prince wu fan said not letting go off minseoks hand. 
 
Next was royalties, history, tea time and during tea time formalities and such, math, reading, writing, and so on with classes lined up one after another.