06 Twice

Miracle

The tension between you and Taemin didn’t disappear. It actually got worse. Since you had promised yourself that you would protect Taemin using your own methods, you ended up following him everywhere.

At first, he didn’t notice it, but afterwards, he was able to catch a glimpse of you. From then on, he could see you following him like a stalker and it was evident that it annoyed him to the maximum.

“What do you think you’re doing now?” he finally pulled you aside secretly, “Are you following me? Don’t tell me you’ve actually become a stalker in this small amount of time.”

You looked at him seriously, “Didn’t I tell you that I didn’t want you to go anywhere without me?”

“Didn’t I tell you that I won’t allow that?” he retorted without any hesitation, “Seriously, Kim Jisoo. What is wrong with you these days? You’re even stranger than you were before.”

You couldn’t believe your ears. What kind of a situation was this that he just had to insult and criticize you even more. How could someone change so much?

“You don’t need to know the details, but I’ll be by your side,” you emphasized each syllable, “Every single day.”

However, at that moment, Leo appeared by Taemin’s side. He didn’t say anything, but you could see that look in the angel’s eyes. Was it time? Was he going to take Taemin away from you now? You couldn’t let that happen.

“Stay away from me,” Taemin told you as he headed away.

Watching him closely, you saw him take a step by you. As he did so, you saw Leo immediately follow – his hand placed into Taemin’s, who, of course, didn’t feel anything.

“…No…” the soft word escaped your lips as you lunged out and grabbed Taemin, pulling him back towards you.

The impact of the two of you against each other caused the two of you fall over together. You had fallen over with Taemin landing on top of you. This was probably the closest you’ve ever gotten with him in your life.

Leo bent down over next to you as his words sent chills down your spine, “I told you. This is all useless. Taemin’s going to die no matter what you do. It’s predetermined.”

A loud noise echoed down the school hallway as you glanced up. You realized that the lighting on the ceiling was coming loose. Was it going to fall and hit Taemin? He was on top of you after all and he would take the impact.

“Move out of the way!” you struggled to get Taemin up and away, but the boy was too heavy for you.

All he slowly pushed himself off from you, but he didn’t move away from the loose lighting. Instead, he stood straight beneath it. Your eyes widened in extreme alarm as you felt yourself screaming mentally at him. What the hell was he thinking?

Without thinking, you used all the strength you could and pushed him away, causing him to hit a wall. Leo watched as you struggled to save him, but once you had pushed him away, you had moved under the loose lighting. Leo’s lips formed a small frown.

“Jisoo, it’s not your time to die yet. Doing this will only trouble us angels,” he mumbled.

Then, as Taemin’s body hit the wall, the impact caused the lighting to loosen more. That caused the lighting to fall towards you.

Suddenly, you felt yourself being pushed out of the way as well. A loud crash was heard as you flinched, hitting the wall. Slowly, you opened your eyes as you glanced over at the small Leo.

Taemin groaned as he stood up, rubbing the back of his head due to the push you had given him earlier, “…What just happened?”

Leo gazed over at you, “I won’t always be there to help you, but you have to realize that a mere human cannot change fate. Taemin will die, no matter what you do. It’s hopeless to prevent this, so give up.”

Then, the angel disappeared for the time being, leaving you and Taemin alone. Taemin’s eyes widened when he realized you had saved him a second time.

He saw that look of determination in your eyes and though he didn't know why, he could tell that you weren’t kidding – you really wanted to protect him.

Maybe, just maybe, he needed to reconsider that promise from earlier.