02 Angel Leo

Miracle

His hair was brown and he seemed quite young. Those eyes showed more seriousness than most children, but what was weird was that they were staring right back at you. You involuntarily shuddered as you saw those piercing eyes.

Why did they seem so harsh but at the same time, so surprised?

“Where are your parents?” you mumbled, your voice soft.

The boy gave you a curious look as he tilted his head to the side. He didn’t say anything, but he didn’t leave Taemin’s side either. You wanted to reach out to him, but you couldn’t bring yourself to.

Something seemed a bit off about the boy especially since you thought he had appeared out of nowhere. However, that was impossible. People didn’t just appear and disappear easily like that.

“Who are you talking to?” Taemin asked as he finally turned around, obviously a bit annoyed.

Surprise found its way into your eyes as you slowly raised your hand, pointing to the boy standing beside him, “Him of course.”

“There’s nothing there,” he replied immediately.

Furrowing your eyebrows, you blinked a couple of times, “There’s clearly someone there.”

A sarcastic laugh came from Taemin, “Have you finally gone crazy?”

Your eyes made their way back to the area that the little boy had been residing, but as Taemin had said, there wasn’t a single person there. You were speechless. Maybe you really had been going crazy – crazy with the overflow of emotions. For the rest of the bus ride, you remained silent while Taemin had returned to ignoring you. You didn’t see that boy for the rest of that ride.

By the time you had arrived home, you felt quite saddened that Taemin still didn’t acknowledge you as a friend of sorts. It was always hard to see him and realize that the two of you were no longer close like you were before. You couldn’t help but wonder what made him change. Was it really the popularity to blame? Did it get to his head like that?

“…And not to mention, I began to hallucinate because of that boy,” you mumbled to yourself as you sighed, kicking off your shoes.

However, at that instant, you heard a reply to your words, “Who are you calling a ghost?”

Your eyes widened as you saw an extremely familiar figure leaning against the wall in front of you. Rubbing your eyes, you glanced in that direction again. Were you seeing things that weren’t there again? Unfortunately, after looking in the same direction a couple of times, you realized that it wasn’t a dream.

“You?” you could barely get your voice out.

The boy gave you a chilling smile, “Welcome back Kim Jisoo.”

You couldn’t believe what you were hearing and seeing, “What is going on? How did you get in here in the first place? Who are you?”

“How interesting,” the boy stated, ignoring your questions, “Could your feelings really be that strong? It’s seems so unreal.”

The more he spoke, the more confused you became, but even so, your senses seemed to heighten as the boy mentioned the word feelings. Could he possibly mean those everlasting feelings you had for Lee Taemin?

The little boy’s eyes narrowed at you as another chill was sent down your spine, “Let me tell you something useful. Your precious Taemin is about to die.”

It was almost as if a sudden reality hit you so hard that it caused your vision to black-out for a moment. No way. There was no way that Taemin was going to die just because the boy said so.

There was just no way. It was impossible. He was still healthy and definitely had a long life in front of him, but even so, his words still scared you.

“…Don’t… Don’t joke about something like that,” you replied, forcing a smile upon your expression, “You don’t know him at all. Taemin… He won’t die.”

“I don’t need to know Taemin in order to know that he won’t be alive for much longer. Life is regulated by me – us, the angels,” his voice was stern, unsuitable for his child-like image.

You felt your breaths cease as a horrified expression claimed your face, “…Just who are you?”

“Who am I?” the boy stood up, suddenly appearing in front of you as two pairs of wings unfolded from his back, “I’m Leo – an angel here to guide Taemin to his death.”