04 Accident

Miracle

“Did you hear what happened to Kim Jisoo?” Jonghyun laughed as he came down the hall.

Onew grinned, “You mean how she completely went insane in class?”

“No! No!” Key laughed as he mimicked your actions.

“Did you see how she looked at you Taemin?” Minho rolled his eyes with an amused smile, “I think she’s your stalker. That expression she had on you had insanity written all over it.”

Hiding in the shadows, you didn’t dare reveal your face. However, you didn’t dare letting Taemin out of your line of sight either. The unsettling feeling stirred within you continuously as you the boy as he hung out with his friends.

Hearing those words that were mocking you didn’t affect you at all. You didn’t mind being taunted by those immature boys. All you wanted to do was protect the person that you had feelings for. You wanted to make sure nothing would ever happen to him.

“If I try hard enough, Taemin won’t die,” you told yourself, “I won’t let him die. I’ll change fate if I have to.”

Suddenly, Leo appeared by your side, “…It’s useless, you know? It’s all predetermined by fate. I’m just here to ensure everything stays on track.”

Leo’s words were like a stab in the heart – bring you back to reality. Were you really as helpless as his words claim you to be?

“You’re an angel aren’t you?” you muttered, looking down, hiding your painful expression, “Please, I’ll do anything. Save him.”

“An angel’s job isn’t to help humans. An angel’s job is only to guide. That is just a fantasy that you have all created to help you sleep better at night,” Leo’s words were harsh, “I’m sorry, but there is nothing I can do.”

It wouldn’t have been an exaggeration for you to say that your world was immediately crushed by those words. There was no way that was the case – no way at all. You couldn’t bring yourself to believe such a dark thing.

They say that darkness cannot drive out darkness – only light can do that. However, there was no light in your world anymore. There wasn’t even the smallest flicker of brightness. The darkness had enveloped you as you felt yourself feel more alone than ever before.

It was hard to imagine a world where Taemin no longer existed. A world like that was a world where you felt like you had no purpose in being in.

Every day, you held onto the hope that Taemin would turn around to look at you once more. Just once more would be okay. That was all you could ask for, but if Taemin was gone, what would you do?

Once more, you felt like the life in you had been drained from your heart. As you watched Taemin’s friend all go their separate ways, you couldn’t help but allow those tears run down your cheeks once more. You didn’t want Taemin to leave. You didn’t want Taemin to disappear. You didn’t want Taemin to die.

“Please Leo…!” was the only thing you could manage to say between painful cries of the wishes of the heart, “If someone has to die, allow it to be me. Let me take his place!”

Leo gave you a regretful look, “The universe doesn’t work that way.”

As he finished talking, you heard a loud noise before you saw a baseball coming towards the window, aiming right for Taemin.

Giving Leo a frightened look, you mumbled one line to yourself before you leapt out without hesitation.

A loud crash was heard as the windows shattered – everyone ducking, avoiding the glass shards. The baseball hit the ground, bouncing a couple of times, as it slowly came to a stop.

Taemin felt himself flung to the side as his back hit a wall, causing him to wince involuntarily. He rubbed the back of his head as he slowly glanced up, wondering what had just happened for someone to push him so hard. He wanted to get them a piece of his mind.

“I’m not afraid of anything that’ll keep Taemin safe.”

However, what he didn’t expect to see was you, his childhood friend, laying in the middle of a small puddle of blood. The glass shards surrounding you and a couple were within your skin. You, on the other hand, had passed out.

"KIM JISOO!"

You had pushed him away to prevent him from getting hurt. Not knowing when Taemin was going to leave you, it made you extremely unsettled.