03 Dreams

Miracle

Could it have been an elaborate dream?

You had woken up that morning, extremely confused. You didn’t remember going to bed or anything else that had happened the previous night – only that you met Leo, the angel, who claimed Taemin was going to die – which was impossible.

Angels weren’t real and even if they were, they couldn’t possibly be the cause of someone’s death. Angels help people in their daily lives, right? A soft laugh escaped your lips. This was just all ridiculous even by thinking about it. There’s just no way he could die so easily. What a nightmare.

As you made your way around the school, you couldn’t help but steal a glance or two at him. You wanted to confirm the little suspicions you had that your dream was indeed a dream. Luckily for you, you didn’t see the little boy Leo.

That allowed your heart to completely relax. Sitting in class, you were actually able to focus – a good thing. You were glad that none of the angel-related things were real. That was when you realized something – Did that mean the scene yesterday on the bus never actually happened?

The new thought seemed to make its way into your mind as you slowly lost the focus you thought you had gained. Without noticing it, you found your eyes gazing out the window.

Outside, your eyes found their way upon a woman who was walking along the side of the street. Beside her, there was a little girl. You recognized the woman to be one of the people who lived around the area. Her name was Kim Sook Ah and she lived alone – so who was the little girl beside her?

As you focused at the girl next to her, you realized something strange. It was a resemblance to the Leo boy who had appeared in your so-called dream – except, now it didn’t seem like it was a dream after all. You couldn’t take your eyes off of the woman and the girl.

“I’m Leo – an angel here to guide Taemin.

Your heart thudded against your chest as you saw the woman slowly make her way to the intersection. She had begun to cross the road until she dropped her purse. Bending over, she reached to pick it up.

In front of her, a car came speeding down the road. Whoever the driver was had seemed to fallen asleep at the wheel.

“No…” your eyes widened as you found it hard to breathe.

“I’m here to guide Taemin to his death.”

Within seconds, the sound of the car’s horn echoed outside loudly. A loud crashing noise was heard as Sook Ah and the car collided together into a wall. The driver – unharmed – woke up, startled by what he had heard. When he saw what had happened, you saw his face pale. Instantaneously, he had stumbled out of the car and reached for the woman.

Judging by his expression and his actions, you knew what had happened. Sook Ah was dead – no pulse could be felt. Could she have died on impact?

Your eyes fell upon the little girl who had taken one last look at the poor woman. She reached out for Sook Ah’s hand and a spiritual form of the woman stepped out. Before you knew it, the two of them had vanished together.

Your hands trembled uncontrollably as your heart felt tight inside your chest. So Leo wasn’t a part of a dream that you had?

Tears threatened to fall from your eyes. Your body felt weak as your eyes watered so much that you found it hard to see. You couldn’t think.

“Life is regulated by me – us, the angels.”

Just what was he saying back then? You didn’t understand – or rather, you didn’t want to understand. This isn’t right. Angels don’t just take the living away! No. You couldn’t believe it. Angels aren’t real. Angels can’t be real.

Your hands flew to your ears as you began to tremble uncontrollably, causing everyone to look over at you, but you didn’t care.

All you could think of at that moment was that it wasn’t a dream. If that lady died like this, did that mean Taemin would die from an accident too? The pain was unbearable. You wanted to scream. You wanted to shout. You wanted to hit something – anything.

As your eyes found your way over to Taemin who was also staring at you as if you had gone insane, you saw something slowly appear in your vision. No, it was someone.

"Leo..."

Your precious Taemin is about to die.”