10 Miracles

Miracle

You raced out into the open streets as fast as you could. The angel guiding the little girl turned around, giving you a stunned look. Without a single moment of hesitation, you picked the girl up only to see a car charging at you at full speed in your peripherals. Was this the end?

Immediately, you felt someone push you off to the side. Your grip on the girl tightened as you only managed to turn back to see what had happened at the very last second. Everything happened extremely fast and before you knew it, you had hit your head against the nearby light post. Then, everything out.

Loud sirens were the last thing you heard with that dark, crimson-red color that was spilled upon the roads. The girl in your arms moved out and you felt her tap you a couple of times. You couldn’t make out what everyone around you was saying – a crowd did form to see the incident. Whatever they were saying, you knew it wasn’t good. The tone of the voice was chilling. Before you knew it, you saw blackness.

“I told you that you couldn’t do anything about it,” was the voice you awoke to hearing.

It was Leo’s and you knew it. Immediately, you thought of the little girl who you had attempted to save. Your eyes finally managed to open though it was still hard for you to focus on individual objects and people. The blurred vision and the aching in your head caused you to feel relieved. It meant that you didn’t actually collide with the car – meaning that the little girl didn’t either. She had been in your arms after all.

“She’s alright, isn’t she?” you mumbled as you slowly sat up in the hospital bed.

The angel was quite for a moment, leaving you a bit uneasy, “…I told you. Everyone’s death is predetermined. You can’t stop it.”

“I saved her!” you countered immediately, not wanting to hear these thoughts, “Didn’t I? She didn’t get hit by the car. She has to be alive – “

However, Leo cut you off, “Her fate wasn’t to die by a car accident.”

“…What?”

“She has the genetic condition of hypercholesterolemia,” Leo began, “The presence of too much cholesterol in the blood. It caused her to have a heart attack shortly after you ‘saved’ her from the accident. The accident wasn’t going to be the thing that killed her.  The angels already foresaw your attempt to save her – just like we foresaw Taemin’s death to be the result of your actions.”

His words made your body freeze. Did he just say that he already knew that Taemin was going to die because of you? In an instant, you felt like someone had just stabbed your heart with a foot-long knife that pierced right through your heart.

“What did you say?” your hands gripped onto the bed sheets on the hospital bed, “What’s happened to Taemin?”

The angel took a seat at the foot of your bed as you refused to meet his eyes, afraid of what he might say, “He pushed you out of the way of the car accident and end up sacrificing himself for you. He’s in the intensive care unit right now, but the doctors know that he probably won’t make it. You can’t change fate, Jisoo.”

A strong paralyzing feeling shocked your body as you felt like your heart was shattered once more. You couldn’t feel anything but fear – Just pure fear running through your veins caused your following reckless actions. You immediately tried to move out of the bed.

“I have to find him,” you began to mutter to yourself repeatedly, “He died because of me? He can’t. We’re going to stay together.  We just finally made up! I… I love him. I can’t let him just go like this. I can’t. Taemin’s going to live, because…”

Tears began to fill your eyes as you realized that you couldn’t even finish the sentence. You hadn’t even gotten the chance to tell him how you felt. The teardrops dripped from your eyes as you collapsed to the ground. Your body was still weak. You couldn’t make it to the doorway without falling. You didn’t have the energy it took. You hated yourself for being weak at a time like this. You hated yourself.

“I’m begging you,” you began to say, your heart’s pain finally spilling out, “Please, save him! I can’t imagine living without him. Leo, please. I’ll do anything! Just don’t take Taemin away from me!”

“Jisoo is important to me. I won’t let anyone harm those that I care about. You mean the world to me.I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you,” Taemin’s words echoed in your mind repeatedly.

“Save him, save him, SAVE HIM!” you screamed as your hands clutched your head, “I can’t take it anymore! This cursed gift of seeing fate, of seeing death, I don’t want it anymore!”

The gift was the reason why Taemin had died this day. This gift was why you were having the love of your life from snatched from right before your eyes. There wasn’t anything you could do. You couldn’t protect him. You couldn’t go against destiny. This time, even your words weren’t reaching Heaven. You were completely useless. Taemin was going to die and there was nothing you could do about it.

“You know,” Leo finally said, his voice barely a whisper, “I was recently assigned a mission. I was told to take that ability from you, no matter what the consequences were. You’ve caused a lot of trouble ever since you’ve known about Taemin’s fate.”

“What are you talking about?” you managed to utter, your voice was robbed of life and vitality.

The angel stretched out his wings as he gave you the first smile you’ve ever seen upon his expression, “It’s probably because your feelings for Taemin were so strong that you were able to see us angels, but now, I’m going to take this ability away. In exchange, I’ll give back Taemin’s life, so please don’t cry anymore. Jisoo, you’re the first person I’ve seen do everything for the person she loves. Don’t forget this feeling right now.”

With those words, a sudden bright flash of light appeared before you. Blinded by the light, you raised a hand to avoid blinding yourself. The tears upon your cheeks slowly stopped rolling – you had stopped crying.

“…Leo?” was the last thing you said to him – he had disappeared.

After that, Leo disappeared along with the rest of the angels. Taemin also recovered at an amazing rate.

“In exchange, I’ll give back Taemin’s life, so please don’t cry anymore.”

When you were finally discharged from the hospital later that day since you hadn’t experienced any major injuries, you had rushed to be by Taemin’s side. The first thing he saw was you when he woke up and the first thing you said to him was your confession. It couldn't wait anymore. What if, in the next second, he disappeared from you once more? You weren't going to risk that chance anymore. Time was valuable and you wanted to be with him forever. He was overjoyed by your confession, his arms thrown around your waist, pulling you close to him.

"Kim Jisoo, look at me. Do you feel it?" Taemin stated once more, his eyes meeting yours once more.

A relieved, yet soft, laugh escaped your lips, "I feel it now. I love you."

"Finally, you realized it," he chuckled as he pressed his forehead against yours, causing you to rid yourself of those immense sad, frightened feelings you had gotten so used to in the past couple of days.

Hey, Leo. Can you see us from Heaven?

Slowly, you pulled away, taking his hands into yours, "I have a lot to tell you. Would you care to listen? It's a story about an angel that grants miracles..."

Thank you so much, Leo. Thank you for not taking him from me.


A/N: Sad to say that this fanfic has come to an end D: It was a pleasure writing for you guys and I'm glad you liked this story~ Subscribe to me as an author if you want to read more from me^^

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED - YOU GUYS MOTIVATED ME TO UPDATE THE MOST

If you have time, please check out my other fanfictions!

1) Kiss or Kill ---- It stars you and Jungkook (BTS) & Kiss or Kill Special
2) Sacrifice --- It stars you and Luhan (EXO-M)
3) Metamorphosis ---- It stars you and Myungsoo (INFINITE)
4) The Full Moon ---- It stars you and Daehyun (BAP)
5) Bittersweet Capture ---- It stars Luhan (EXOM) and Miyoung (SNSD)