Being Special

Gray Coloured Life

And Saturday comes; Dara came early in the morning banging on Jiyong’s door.

“Jiyong! Jiyongie!” Dara called.

The door opens revealing a sleepy Jiyong. “What the hell? Do you mind not banging the door early in the morning?” and went inside leaving Dara to follow in.

“Well sorry, anyways where‘s Chaerin?”

“Right there.” He said and walk towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Dara saw Chaerin sprawl on the couch sleeping.

“You left her to sleep on the couch? You know how a torture it is to sleep there. You have no heart!”

“Then I wish you were the one who is sleeping there right now.” Dara only gave him a glare. “Ki-Chaerin wake up, breakfast!” He called from the kitchen.

Chaerin slowly sits up from her position eyes still close.

“Good morning wifey!” Dara grabs her hand and drag a sleepy Chaerin to the kitchen.

“Dara unnie? What are you doing here?” She asks after finally opening her eyes.

Dara guides her to her chair and assists her to sit. “Well, we’re going out today! With the girls of course.”

“Today?” Chaerin’s ears shoot up hearing that she can finally get out of the house.

“Yeah, didn’t Jiyong told you?” She said. “Ji, where are her clothes? I’ll pick an outfit for my wifey.”

“It’s on the second closet.” He replies eating. Dara was already on her way to his room.

“What’s this? You promised that you’ll cook today.” Chaerin complains looking on the bowl in front of her with a scowl.

“Its cereal and I said that I might cook today, it’s not a promise.”

Chaerin takes a piece and eat it, she immediately frowns. “It’s so dry and … sweet.”

“You eat it with milk.” Jiyong puts milk on Chaerin’s bowl. Scooping a spoonful and directing it to Chaerin who was looking at it with a frown, hesitantly she opens and Jiyong feeds her. He watches his pet eat with a frown still on her face.

“I still like rice for breakfast, you should cook it later for dinner.” She said and takes another spoonful from her bowl.

Jiyong only rolled his eyes and continue to eat.

Unknown to them Dara was leaning on the wall watching them with a smirk playing on her lips. She can’t help but giggle on the sweet gesture that Jiyong made. Knowing her cousin, he doesn’t do sweet and romantic gestures, which she is sure of. However, she’s thankful that her cold cousin is slowly changing and she hopes that it continues. She’s tired of watching him drowning himself in his work, like she told him before; live a little. Chaerin’s arrival seems to give colour to his life a little. Does he like her? If he does, then she doesn’t have any problem on it. After knowing Chaerin for just a short time, Dara can say that she’s a sweet and kind girl, a little bit stubborn and naïve in the side but she’s sure the girl will be the one to tame the almighty G-dragon.

 

 

Once Dara was finish with dressing Chaerin up, they walk out of the bedroom and to the living room. Chaerin was wearing scowling behind Dara. She was wearing a cute simple black and red dress with a puffy of skirt that ends mid thigh, black tights and a pair of flat black sandals.

“So what do you think, I can be a fashion designer huh?” Dara said looking proud.

“Yeah right,” Jiyong snort then look over to his pet who was still fuming behind his cousin. He notices that Dara put some make up on her, and the most eye catching was her cat-like eyes emphasize by the think eyeliner. Just when she was about to rub her eyes, Jiyong spoke “Don’t rub your eyes, you’ll ruin the eyeliner.”

“Yeah wifey, don’t worry later you won’t remember that you even have it on. Oh, I forgot something in the bedroom.” And with that Dara rushed out.

“You’re cousin is a monster.” Chaerin said slumping on the arm chair.

“You got that right.”

“Don’t you have any warnings or reminders for me when I’m out?” Chaerin lazily said.

“Hm? Just go with Dara noona and don’t talk to people that you don’t know.” Jiyong said without looking at her.

“Whatever. What are we going to do today anyways?”

“Probably shopping.”

“Shopping?”

“Buying clothes, shoes, stuff like that.”

“Jiyongie! We’re leaving now.” Dara said coming back to the leaving room and taking her bag. Jiyong only grunted in response.

“Come on Chae-ah, let’s go!” And with that Dara drag Chaerin out.

 

 

 “Unnie!” Minji runs over to Chaerin and hugs her. The two met Bom and Minji inside the mall where they all decided to meet.

“Yah! Why did you made us come here so early in the morning, then you yourself late?” An irritated Bom pointed at Dara who just sheepishly smile at her.

“Sorry Bom-ah, I just have to help Chae here.”

Bom teasingly narrows her eyes before saying “Fine, I forgive Chaerin, but you! You have to buy me corn or I’ll hate you forever!” Then she turns to greet the Chaerin. “Oh Chae-ah you look so good!”

“Of course she does, I dress her up!” Dara injected which Bom only ignore.

“Woah you didn’t tell us you have one hot body.” Bom said looking Chaerin up and down, observing how her outfit complements her hidden curves.

“Ah, T-thank you unnie.”

“Anywho, what are we still chatting here for? Let’s get this day started!” Dara said ushering everyone inside.

“Steel your nerves unnie, this is going to be one hell of a ride.” The maknae whispers to her then look at the two older girls who were in front of them.

“It can’t be that bad right? Just shopping, buying some stuff.”

“That’s where the terror begins.” And she point to the older ones who were already gushing over an outfit that they saw.

“Guys! Come on we saw this really cute outfit and Bommie wants to check it out!” Dara ran towards them and practically screamed at their face then ran off again.

“See that unnie? That’s only the beginning.” The maknae said looking at Chaerin.

‘What did I get myself into?’ Chaerin only wonder.

 

 

Jiyong heard the door open and shuffling from the kitchen. He peeks from the wall and saw Chaerin practically dragging bags to the living room before falling on the couch face first.

“I see that it went well.” He called returning to his previous activity which was preparing dinner.

“Well? You think it went well? You have to be kidding.” Chaerin said tiredly.

“You look like you just got out of hell and I think that’s good.”

“It definitely wasn’t”

“That’s a normal way to spend a day shopping. Anyways, didn’t you want to go out so bad? You’re wish is already granted. ” He mentally smirk.

Chaerin got up and ran to the kitchen where Jiyong is.

“You planned this!”

“Of course not, Kitty. Why would I do that?”

“It’s revenge because I kept on asking you on going outside.”

“Now where did you get that idea?” He really didn’t plan it, but he doesn’t mind about her thinking it’s his revenge because he himself that it felt good to think that it’s karma punishing her for always pestering him.

 “Enough with that, dinner is ready. Go wash your hands.” Jiyong said setting up the table.

Once the two was settle, they ate their dinner in silence. Chaerin kept thinking about what happened during the day. It was one hell of a day if you ask her. All they did was walk, look inside the stores, try out hundreds of clothes, walk, buy shoes, make up, and more walk. She never knew that people are maniacs about their clothes.

They were having lunch at a café after roaming around the mall for almost 3 hours without stopping. Chaerin feels like her feet were about to fall off.

“So Chaerin-ah, how does it feel living with Jiyong?” Bom ask drinking from her latte.

“Hm? Irritating.” Chaerin replies cursing her lazy master in her mind.

“Irritating? How so unnie?” Minji ask curiously.

“He does nothing at home besides sleeping, working and reading.”

“That’s definitely Jiyong.” Dara chimed.

“Well besides that. Has anything interesting happen lately?” Bom ask again leaning her head towards Chaerin.

“Interesting?” Chaerin was trying to think of something. “No, nothing really.”

“Not even a teeny tiny bit?” Bom emphasizing the question.

“Nothing.” Chaerin replies innocently.

Bom sigh and rest her head on her hand. “Aishh, that dragon boy. How can he not see what’s in front of him.” she mutters.

“Don’t worry Bommie, eventually he will.” Dara said in a low voice. “Chae-ah, I noticed that before we left, after visiting your place, Seungri told you something didn’t he?”

Chaerin frowns remembering what the rat’s request. “Yeah, he did and it’s really weird too.”

“What did he tell you unnie? If he said something weird I’ll kick his for you.” Minji offered.

“Well, he wants me to kiss Jiyong.”

“Oppa told you to do what?!” Minji exclaimed.

“He told me to kiss Jiyong. He said that it’s a tradition nowadays to kiss people that you know. And it acts like a lucky charm too.” Chaerin explains.

“I’m so gonna kick his the next time I see him.” The maknae said cracking her knuckles.

“Do you believe him though?” Dara ask, she knows that Chaerin grew up in the mountains with her grandparents so she can be a little naïve.

“Of course not, that is just stupid. “

“Yes, that is stupid.”

“But, it is a normal thing to kiss people that you know, well only for the people that are special to you.” Bom said while Dara raise a brow at her. “Is Jiyong special to you?”

“Hmm, yeah you can say that he is.” Charin said thinking that Jiyong is her master now, and masters are important to their pets, so maybe she can consider her special.

“Great! Then you can kiss him!” Bom smiles at her. Then she felt that Dara was nudging her elbow.

“Bommie what are you doing?” She whispers frantically, after Chaerin and Minji excuse themselves to go to the washroom.

 

Unknown to her the two Park are already planning on something that might just make her world a little bit chaotic.

“Relax, don’t you see? We are helping Chaerin and Jiyong.” Bom said leaning back her chair.

“Helping them on what?”

“Aishh you’re really getting old. We’re helping them to end up together!”

“Do you even know if Chaerin likes Jiyong? Or if Jiyong likes her?”

“No, but they’ll fall in love soon. Aren’t you the one who wants your cousin to find someone special? He’s been single for a long time and keeps on drowning himself on his work, which is not healthy.”

“I know, I want him to fine someone, I approve of Chaerin more than anyone, even though she can be a bit naïve on some things.”

“Then there’s nothing to worry about, all we need to do is push them together. So are you in?”

Dara contemplates a bit then looks at Bom who is waiting for her answer.

“Fine, I’m in and I sure hope this works.”

Bom smiles, “Don’t worry it will.”

 

 

“-itty, Kitty!”

“W-what?” Chaerin was taken back from her thoughts because of Jiyong’s voice.

“Finish up already, I still need to do some work.” Chaerin nodded in response.

“Hey Jiyong, what’s it like to kiss someone?” She suddenly voiced out.

“Why do you what to know about that all of a sudden?”

“Well, I don’t know. Bom unnie and Dara unnie told me that it’s normal to kiss people nowadays”

“Don’t listen to them.” ‘What have they been telling her?

“Ok, but what does it feel like?” She asks again.

“Why do you keep on asking?” Jiyong doesn’t like where this conversation was going.

“I just want to know! Now answer my question.”

“It differs.” he sigh and starts cleaning up the table.

“It differs? How?”

“It just does. It’s complicated to explain.”

“What kind of answer is that?” Chaerin said leaning on the table.

“I’m not exactly an expert on these kinds of things. It’s mostly girls that can properly describe things like kissing.” he defended seating on his sit and eating a pudding which Chaerin eyed.

She scoffs “But Bom unnie told me that you know. I mean she told me that you have a lot of experience about it so I should just ask you.”

“What have they been telling you exactly?” Jiyong scoops into his pudding and direct it to Chaerin’s mouth.

“Just stuff, clothes, shoes and the like. You should’ve seen them earlier!” She looked at the spoon hesitantly before eating the offered food. Her eyes twinkled on the sweetness. “What’s that?”

“It’s pudding, and I’ve seen them before they are more than monsters. Reality fact: everyone in this day and age shops like that. I bet they saw something on sale didn’t they?” He explained giving her another spoonful.

“You’re making it sound like it’s a bad thing. Anyways, back to my question. Did you kiss anyone before?”

“I did.”

“A lot?”

“Yeah, you can say a lot.”

“Then tell me how it feels, just reflect on what you felt or something.”

“Why are we on this topic again?”

“I just want to know! You should just answer or I will bug you and I can do it for a long time.” He didn’t doubt her words.

Jiyong just let out a sigh; he seems to be doing that for the last few days since Chaerin showed up. “It’s nothing special; you just put your lips on another person’s. It’s rather disgusting.”

“Really? Why do you do it thought?”

He shrugged “Just got curious.”

“So, it’s not good?”

“You just feel normal.”

Chaerin frown on his explanation, she thought kissing will be something special like what Bom unnie and Dara unnie has been telling her. “Meh, it’s not special then.”

“It’s not.”

“But grandma said that it’s special, well suppose to now.”

“It is.”

“You just contradicted yourself.” She glared at him. She doesn’t get the idea if its suppose to be special and do to people that she thinks that are important to her or just do it like everyone else which seems pretty normal to what she has been told.

“You can consider it special if you do it with a person who you consider as special to you.”

“Then I can do it to Dara unnie, Bom unnie and Minji-ah.”

“No, you can only do it with a guy.”

“What? That’s boring.” ‘The way you said it sounds so wrong.’ Jiyong thought to himself.

“What’s the real reason?”

“Reason? For what?” Chaerin looked at him curiously.

“You ask questions about stuff that normally you won’t even care about. So Kitty, what’s the real reason?” His tone changed into something serious.

“No-nothing. I’m just curious, is that bad?” Chaerin said avoiding his stare.

Then silence followed, no one dared to say anything.

“Come on Kitty, just say it. I’m not gonna be mad.”

“You’re not? Promise?” She asked hesitantly while Jiyong just nodded his head. he kind of had an idea of the real reason.

“Seungri said that I should help you.”

“Help me on what?”

“Work, but you told me that it’s ok and you don’t need help.”

“That’s true. Then what?”

“He told me that I can help him too.”

“On what? Be more specific Kitty.”

“Well,“ Chaerin took a deep breath to stop the rush of heat on her cheeks. “He told me t-to, he t-told me t-to you-“ She stuttering so much that she can’t even form one straight sentence.

“He told you to kiss me.” Jiyong stated.

She claps her hands together and points her finger at him. “Exactly! But I don’t know how I can help him by doing that and even though you’re special I will never do that.”

Jiyong just listened to her and thought about what she just said, he smirked. “You think of me as special?”

“Wh-wha? No I do not!”

“Yes you did, you said and I quote ‘ Even though you’re special’.”

“No! You’re not special to me!” Chaerin was now blushing which Jiyong finds rather cute and decide to continue teasing her.

“I’m not special to you in any way?”

“Not in any way.” Chaerin strongly said.

“Are you sure?” Jiyong leaned and his smirk seems to get wider.

“Maybe a b-bit.” She mumbles.

“Just a bit? I’m hurt Kitty.” He placed his hand over his heart faking a hurt look.

“Ok maybe a little bit more than that. You’re special cause you’re my master now and you’re taking care of me so… yeah you’re a little bit more special. But strawberry cake is more special than you!”

“I guess that I should be thankful that you think of me as special, even though I’m lower than a piece of cake. So who else is special to Kitty?”

“The first one is myself of course.”

“What a self centered cat you are.” Jiyong commented.

“Hmm, gradma and granpa, Bom unnie, Dara unnie, Minji-ah, Top oppa, Yongbae-ah, Daesung-ah, food, that bear that I saw earlier!, strawberry cake then you.”

“You have a lot.”

“Yes, yes I do.” Chaerin nodded her head thinking how perfectly she ranked all of the people and things that are important to her.

“You didn’t mention Seungri.”

Chaerin scoffs “I don’t like him. He’s like a wild dog and I hate dogs. In my ranking he’s lower than an ant.”

Jiyong laugh thinking about how smart and true his Kitty is about Suengri. ‘That’s right he’s even lower than a flee.’ He will wring his maknae’s neck the next time he sees him.

On the other hand, Seungri just sneezed ‘Some pretty lady must be thinking of me.’

 

 

AN: Sorry for the super late update, been really busy nowadays.