Extra Short Chapter

Gray Coloured Life

Chapter 8

Their walk around town was eventful. As said, Chaerin enjoyed herself. Jiyong took her to stores and bought her stuff like clothes and shoes because he said that she needed new ones, she can’t forever borrow Dara’s clothes. Although she enjoyed her time away from home, she did not want to go shopping for clothes but Jiyong dragged her anyways. Moreover, he made her carry most of the bags that contained the stuff that they purchased. “It’s all for you anyways so you should carry them.” Jiyong reasoned.

They were walking towards one of the stores that Jiyong wanted to visit and Chaerin looked like she was hiking on the street with all the stuff that she was carrying. ‘Jiyong you jerk! You made me carry all your stuff too!’ Chaerin glared at her master’s back.

“We’re here.” Jiyong said standing in front of an Armani store.

Chaerin looked around the area and saw a bench just outside the store. “I don’t wanna go inside, I’ll just wait here.” And she sat down on the bench with relief.

“Fine, don’t go wandering around, we’ll go home after this.”

“Yeah, yeah, go now.” She waved a hand in dismissal and Jiyong went inside leaving his pet to wait outside the store.

Chaerin let out a sigh of relief. Finally she was able to take some rest after all that walking and carrying around bags. She looked around to observe her surroundings. It was already 7pm and there were still a lot of people walking around and shops were still open. Chaerin busied herself by looking around and observing other people that passed by. Unknown to her a group of guys were eying form the side.

“Hey miss, are you alone?” Chaerin heard someone asked and looked to see 3 guys hovering above her. She looked around thinking that they might have been talking to someone else, but when she pointed at herself they nodded.

“Who’re you?” She asked suspiciously.

“Oh where are my manners, I’m Jae, these are my friends, Ken and Lei. Want to hang-out with us?” He gave her a smiled which she found a bit disturbing.

“Ah, no thanks, I’m waiting for someone.”

“Your boyfriend? How can he leave you here all by yourself? Why not come with us instead of waiting for him.” Jae said.

Chaerin gave him a confused look. ‘Jiyong is not my boyfriend.’ She thought to herself.

“I’m waiting for my ma-…. Friend.”

“Your friend huh? Well why not you and your friend join us, we’re going somewhere fun.”

Chaerin almost rolled her eyes, this dude is hard to reason with. “NO, thanks, my friend and I don’t go with strangers.”

“We’re not strangers, we already introduced ourselves.”

“No.” Her patience was wearing thin talking to these guys and so she gathered her stuff and decided to go inside the store and wait there for Jiyong. Before she could take a step Jae blocked her path and the other 2 circled around her. ‘Okay, this is getting creepy. Jiyong where are you?’

“Please move out of my way.”

“Not so fast miss.” Jae smiled at her. “We just want to hang-out with you.”

“I already said NO. I hope you’re not deaf.”

“Nope, just very persuasive.”

“Or annoying.” Chaerin muttered to herself, good thing they didn’t hear. She was thinking of a way to escape her present predicament.

Good thing was that she saw Jiyong walked out of the store but he didn’t looked her way, he was busy talking to someone in his phone. ‘Jiyong save me!’ She screamed in her mind, praying that her master will look her way and save her. When he did not spare her a look, Chaerin cursed the all the gods that she know for not giving divine intervention.

“Ah look!” Chaerin exclaimed pointing at the sky, which the 3 guys looked up I response. She used this chance to get a way and run to Jiyong’s side. In the process her cap fell on the ground.

Jiyong was talking to the department manager of the company about their upcoming project when he felt something bumping on him, he looked down and saw Chaerin. Her face was leaning flat against his left arm while the bags that he left with her were all dangling from her arms and her hands were covering her ears. Jiyong looked from the way she came from and saw the 3 guys looking at them.

“I’ll call you back.” He said to his phone and ended the call without looking away from the guys from a far. He looked down on his pet and said, “What are you doing?”

Chaerin didn’t response to his question or even look at him instead walked behind him and hid herself.

“Where’s you cap?” She pointed from behind him to the ground near the 3 guys. Jiyong walked towards them and Jae looked at him with smugly.

“You shouldn’t leave your lady out waiting for you.”

“Lady? That girl’s hardly a lady.” Jiyong replied after retrieving Chaerin’s fallen cap from the ground and dusting it with his hands. “And she isn’t my lady, I’m her mas- caretaker.”

“Then mister ‘caretaker’ you’re not doing your job properly, leaving a poor girl outside to wait for you. Miss! Why not ditch your caretaker and come with us?!” Jae called Chaerin who was standing from a far still covering her ears. In response, she stick her tongue out and glared at Jae. Jiyong snorted and faced them.

“Well, there you have it, my charge would seem to not like you or your company,” Jiyong said walking away from them but stopped for a moment, tilted his head towards them, glaring at them he said “So, scram.” The way he said it brought shivers to the guys and they thought that messing with this dude will be bad and decided to leave.

“You’re a trouble magnet you know that?” Jiyong said after reaching his pet and setting the cap on her head and taking half of the bags Chaerin was carrying.

“What? I am not!” Chaerin said while following her master.

“Yes you are, and you know what that dude said? He said you were a lady. Now that’s what you call a genius understatement of the year.”

Chaerin glared at the back of his head and purposely bumped her shoulder onto his before walking ahead.

‘Yeah right, a lady.’Jiyong sarcastically said in his head.

 

 

Unknown to them a pair of eyes was watching their every move.

“So that’s your new master, eh Chaerin.”

 

 

 

This is a very short chapter

sorry for not updating for a long time, I've been very busy with school.

hope you guys enjoy this short chapter :)

AND a new character will appear soon