Passing Time Away

Gray Coloured Life

True to his word Jiyong punished his two pets by forbidding them to not only go outside but to stay inside the bedroom with nothing to do. They were not allowed to go wander around the house without his permission and they were also not allowed to make any noise (especially Chaerin). And so, our cat girl and baby dog was bored out of their minds. Chaerin was lying on the bed, again staring at the ceiling. While Gaho was lying on his small bed trying to get some sleep but he couldn’t. Man, they were BORED. And as for Jiyong he was in the living room relaxing for the first time since Chaerin arrived and disturbed his peaceful life.

Now back to our two favorite pets.

“Who was the one to suggest we sneak out of the house anyway?” Chaerin ask softly.

‘If I’m not mistaken, it was you cat ajuhmma.’ Gaho replied with a soft bark.

Chaerin let out a snort. “NO, it wasn’t me. I was only thinking about a plan to get out, not actually doing it.”

‘Same thing, same thing.’ Gaho rolled his eyes.

“Tch, whatever. Now I can’t even go outside this room. I’m so BORED.” Then she rolled around the bed trying to stretch her limbs.

‘Take a nap.’ Gaho suggested.

“Psh, I’ve been trying and I can’t. I need to do something.”

‘Well, daddy told us not to get up from where we are.’

“Well, what if I need to go to the bathroom? Or if I’m hungry. Jiyong must allow some kind of movement for those.”

The dog let out a sigh, ‘Whatever, I don’t want to talk about it anymore.’ And decided to take a nap.

Chaerin who was still staring at the ceiling finally succumb to sleep after a few minutes.

When she woke up, Gaho was still sleeping. She stumbled out of bed and half-wake walked out of the room, in mind to look for food. In her half-wake state she forgot about the punishment that she was given.

Jiyong was lying on the couch relaxing, watching something on TV when he saw Chaerin half-asleep walking towards the kitchen. He let out a sigh and got up, following his sleep-walking pet to the kitchen.

“Did I give you permission to get out of the room, Kitty? “

Chaerin turned around to look at him even though her eyes were barely open. She stared at him for a moment before sitting down on the chair and laying her head on the table.

“Jiyong, I’m hungry, make something.” She mumbled.

“No. Go back inside the room.” The only reply that he received was a soft mumble of ‘I’m hungry’.

Even though he kept telling her to go back inside the room she didn’t only reply mumbling something he couldn’t understand. He gave up on his attempt to get her back inside and made something simple for her to eat, grilled fish and some rice. When he was done and set everything on the table, he again attempted to wake up his sleeping pet. Again, he failed, Chaerin didn’t wake up from her slumber. Jiyong again, let out a sigh (it’s becoming a habit these days – Jiyong). He wrapped the food and put them inside the fridge so that it wouldn’t be a waste.

He was too tired to carry Chaerin all the way to the room and so he put her on the couch, her head was laying on his thigh while he continue the show that he was watching before his pet decided to sleep-walk out of the room she was supposed to be held in. He was occasionally scratching the back of her ears. This went on for some time before the door to his apartment opened revealing his cousin.

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong glared at her.

“Don’t give me that look Jiyongie. I just came by to check up on you, is that bad?” Dara innocently said while taking out her shoes and settling on of the arm chairs on the living room.

“Yes, it’s bad if you just barged in like that and may I ask how did you get in?” He said in his monotone voice.

“I have a key, Youngbae gave it to me.” She replied while checking her nails.

‘Wow thanks a lot Youngbae, you’re a real friend.’ Jiyong thinks sarcastically to himself.

“Oh~ I see that you were busy, I’m sorry that I disturbed you’re precious time together.” She said not at all sorry and slyly grin at her cousin when she saw Chaerin sleeping on Jiyong.

Jiyong just rolled his eyes and ignored his irritating noona. “You’re annoying noona.”

“Yah! Don’t call me annoying. You’re being disrespectful to your older cousin.” Dara countered.

“Whatever, so what can I do for you today noona?” He asked not even looking at his cousin who glared at his nonchalant attitude.

“Not much, I just came by to check up on you as I said and also Chaerin. We missed her today, why couldn’t she come with us today?”

“She was tired because yesterday she took Gaho out for the whole day.” He left out the part that he forbidden Chaerin to go out due to what happened yesterday and it still pisses him off.

“Hmmm, is that so…. SO how are you?”

“Okay.” Jiyong replied which Dara glared at him yet again.

“Okay? Just okay? Jiyong what did I tell you about ‘one-word’ replies?” Dara hated it when she ask him questions and he reply in one word.

Jiyong sigh. “I’m doing well noona. What else?”

“And Chaerin?”

“I told you, she’s tired.”

Again, Dara smiled slyly which pissed Jiyong even more.

“Hmm, is that so…”

“You’re being weird noona, well weirder.”

“Oh shut up!”

 

 

Chaerin was surprised to see Dara’s face staring at her when she opened her eyes.

“D-Dara unnnie?” She asked sleepily.

“Chae-ah! At last you’re awake. I’ve been waiting for hours you know!”

“Waiting for what?” Chaerin asked noticing that Jiyong was nowhere to be found. “Jiyong?” She looked around but did not see her master.

“Oh Jiyongie just went out to buy us some snacks. Don’t worry he’ll be back soon.” Dara said mischievously but Chaerin did not notice due to her sleepy state.

“Out?” Dara just nodded in reply while helping her get up. “I’m so hungry” Chaerin whined.

“Jiyong told me that he made you some food, it’s in the fridge.” Then Dara stood from her kneeling position in front of Chaerin to go to the kitchen and heat up the food that was left earlier. “I’ll heat it up for you wifey.”

Chaerin who was still in her sleepy state did not move away from the couch, instead she lay down again and closed her eyes. For some reason she has been feeling tired the whole day even though she did not do anything.

Just when she was about to drift into sleep the front door opened revealing Jiyong who was carrying bags of food that his cousin practically forced him to go out and buy. Jiyong saw her still in her sleeping position and went to see her after dropping off the bags on the kitchen counter top.

He kneeled in front of her and stare at her sleeping face. Slowly, he shook her shoulder slightly to wake her up. It was weird that she was still sleeping in spite of not doing anything the whole day.

“Kitty, wake up.” He whispered not wanting Dara to hear him call Chaerin ‘Kitty’.

In response, Chaerin frown in her sleep while slapping Jiyong’s hand away. “Go away” She mumbled.

“Did you eat already?”

“Hmmmm, nooo.”

“Get up and eat.”

“Ahhh, I’m so tired to even get up. Go away.” She mumbled, eyes still closed and turn to her other side away from Jiyong.

Jiyong let out a sigh. Then he tried to wake up Chaerin again which failed.

“Are you sick or something?”

“I don’t know….” She then turned again to face him her eyes barely open. “Jiyong, I think I might return back.” She said weakly.

“Return back? What do you mean?”

“You know *yawn* the first time you saw me.”

“What?” Jiyong raised a brow.

“The way… before… when you found… me.”

“To being a cat?”

“….Yeah…” Chaerin replied softly, starting to drift into sleep.

“Why?”

“I… don’t know.”

“Yah! Don’t revert back now! Noona is here she might find out!” JIyong said in a harsh whisper to her ear.

Chaerin did not response and seemed to be sleeping again. Jiyong was worried that Dara might find out the truth about Chaerin and that will create more chaos for him, he doesn’t need more stress to deal with, thank you very much.

“Wake up!” Jiyong pulled the sleeping Chaerin to sit up then shook her. Then he forced to open Chaerin’s eyes with his fingers. “Kitty wake up!” He whispered.

“Ughh..”

Just in time, Dara went out of the kitchen to see what was happening to the two to see that Jiyong was forcedly opening Chaerin’s eyes which made her look funny.

“Jiyongie! What are you doing to her?!” Dara exclaimed slapping away Jiyong’s hands from Chaerin’s face.

“I’m just trying to wake her up noona.” Jiyong reasoned with a slight frown.

“Well wake her up gently!”

“I was! But she won’t get up.”

“Aish!” Then she turned to Chaerin who was still asleep. “Chaerin-ah? Wake up already. The food is ready.”

She waited for about 5 seconds for Chaerin to wake up but she didn’t.

“Yah, what is wrong with her? Is she sick? She has been sleeping since I came and that was about 5 hours ago. Well she woke up earlier then I went to heat up the food and now she’s sleeping again.” Dara asked Jiyong who looked like he already gave up waking up his sleeping cat.

“I have no idea,” He raise his hands in the air. “But we better wake her soon, she hasn’t eaten anything since this morning.”

“Hmmm, well you better make it quick or the food will turn cold.” Dara said over her shoulders and went back to the kitchen to finish preparing.

Jiyong looked at his cat who was leaning her head on the arm of the couch, sleeping her time away. He leaned down to her ear and whispered, “Chaerin, wake up.”

Chaerin slightly open her eyes to see Jiyong hovering above her. “What now?”

“Wake up already, Noona is finish preparing the food.” Then he stood up and pulled Chaerin to stand up who was trying to go back to sleep. Chaerin felt that she did not have the strength to do anything, even standing up which cause her to lean her body towards Jiyong.

Jiyong did not anticipate what happened, Chaerin leaned her body towards his and her face ended up pressed to his chest which she unconsciously snuggled to while her arms were still on her side. Jiyong had to put his arms around her waist to support her and their current position oddly made him feel uneasy. Then he felt Chaerin let out a sigh and heard her say, “You smell like… paper.”

Paper? He smell like paper? ‘How can I smell like paper?’ Jiyong looked at Chaerin’s head weirdly.

“Paper? Seriously?”

“Um, old paper, like grandpa’s books.” She silently mumbled.

‘Okay?’ Was all he had in his mind. He was used to being complemented by others because of his somewhat out of the world fashion but being complemented by saying he smell like paper? This was the first. He wondered why it did not seemed all that shocking to him, maybe because it was Chaerin and he was used to her weirdness or is it amusement that came from being compared to a piece of old paper.

“Whatever Kitty. Get on your feet already, you’re heavy.” Just when he was about to let go, Dara came out to see what was taking them so long to eat.

She was shocked! Her cousin was hugging Chaerin! Oh goodness! All hail the gods! Dara was doing a victory dance inside her mind while her face looked passive. She raised a brow to her cousin, silently asking what was happening.

“No, noona nothing is happening. She won’t stand up on her own.” Jiyong glared at his cousin seeing the mischief that was hidden from her silent question.

“Hmm~ Whatever you say dear cousin.” Then she turned and again went inside the kitchen. “Hurry up! I’m hungry!” When she was out of Jiyong’s sight, she let out a silent squeal. She can’t wait to tell everyone about what she just saw. Everyone knew that Jiyong had some kind of affection for Chaerin even though he doesn’t know it himself. (That boy is so dense – Seunghyun) All did can do was wait and watch the two interact with each other and wishing that they get together already. It was amusing for their friends to watch Jiyong interact with someone he’s not familiar with and a woman at that.

Chaerin finally was able to wake herself up but they had to watch her the whole time to prevent her to dive in face first into her meal.

 

 

The next day, Chaerin was back to her normal self, even though Jiyong still forbids his two pets from having any fun. This went on for a week, Chaerin and Gaho was confined inside the room all day staring at the ceiling waiting for their punishment to end. Jiyong also banned Chaerin from eating sweets which made her hate him more (I don’t care – Jiyong). Gaho stayed under his sister’s care for 2 days which the dog found very boring, He didn’t do anything the whole day cause Dami was out to work. Their confinement that was supposed to be for a month was lengthen due to the mess that they made inside the room when they decided to jump on the bed for fun and Jiyong caught them. In the end their punishment lasted about a month and 2 weeks.

Within their punishment time, Chaerin and Gaho became somewhat close. As people know, cats and dogs don’t usually get along but for the sake of not getting insane from the boredom the two pets came to a compromise that they will get along and help each other out from the extreme boredom that they were in. They usually talk because that’s what they can only do. Chaerin told Gaho her complains about Jiyong while the dog told the cat his experiences living with the famous G-dragon.

“Why is Jiyong called G-dragon?”

“Well from what I heard before, its cause when it comes to work daddy is super strict and many people are afraid of him. A dragon that will breathe fire if you screw up. Then there’s his fashion which is out-of-this-world-cool and his presence is really strong and even more everyone thinks highly of him hence the name G-dragon.” Gaho explained

Chaerin hummed in response. “But he doesn’t look like a dragon. Jiyong looks like an old ajusshi. If I’m going to compare him to something it’ll be… a rotten egg.

‘A rotten egg? Why?’

“Because he has a rotten personality for punishing us so bad for something so small like sneaking out. Or He can be one of those sour candies because he has a sour looking face whenever he frowns and it makes him look old.” Chaerin reasoned.

‘Cat ajuhmma you should be careful and if daddy hears you he will punish you more.’

“Meh, I don’t care anymore.” Chaerin scoffs.

‘Well I think that daddy is more of a dark chocolate kind of person.’ Gaho said.

“Dark chocolate? How so?”

‘He’s a bit bitter at first but once you get to know him well, you’ll see him as a sweet person.’

Chaerin frowned at his explanation. “Whatever, mutt.”

Unfortunately Gaho did not stay with them that long, Jiyong’s sister decided that she missed having Gaho at her home and took him away again. Chaerin was a bit disappointed because finally she have someone to talk to when Jiyong’s not home even though he’s a dog. Now she is alone again.

 

When the news came out about Jiyong and Chaerin everyone was excited. They were happy and amused at the same time. Seunghyun and Seungri was betting nonstop to see when the two will get together. For some reason, Bom decided to join their bet and later on everyone did. Jiyong knew that his friends were up to something. Whenever they see each other, they will have this glint in their eyes that just says ‘I’m waiting for something to happen between you two~’ Dara and Bom were secretly talking about Jiyong and Chaerin. They always talk about scenarios about how the two will get together. Sheesh, talk about fangirling. As always Youngbae didn’t do anything to stop everyone, he was having fun seeing Jiyong being practically harassed by their friends with their subtle questions about when he will get together with Chaerin.

Meanwhile Jiyong was trying to not rip his hair out of frustration. His friends were impossible to stop now. He wish that some divine intervention will make them all stop about pestering him. Then there was Chaerin who was oblivious to everything and still living her life as Jiyong’s pet with their everyday quarrel.

Ahhh, life is good~

 

Now let’s get back to the present. Jiyong and Chaerin were out for a walk around town. Chaerin was excited to go outside again and practically forced Jiyong to buy the foods that she wanted. For someone who didn’t their situation, the two looks like they’re on a date. The people that they passed by, especially the girls were staring at Jiyong who looked cool in his simple white tee, faded black jeans, red jays and black shades. His black and white hair styles that looks like he just rolled out of bed. He also sported a few bracelets and rings and a silver stylish watch. While the guys around keep stealing glances at Chaerin who was wearing a simple sleeveless baggy black sweater and fitted jeans with simple white addidas shoes and a simple cap which she was wearing backwards that Jiyong shoved onto her head to hide her ears even though no one but him can see them.

Chaerin was bouncing onto each shop to see what they have. While Jiyong sluggishly (but cool) followed behind her. At the moment they just got out of an ice cream shop with a very happy Chaerin eating her strawberry ice cream and a pissed off Jiyong because he had to pay for 5 bowls of ice cream (3 bowls for her and 2 for him) for earlier not including the one Chaerin was currently eating. He always wonder how can she eat so much sweets and not feel sick from them, is she becoming like Bom noona?

“Where are we going next?” Chaerin asked looking back at Jiyong who was practically trudging (but as always, with swag).

“Home.”

“What? No! I don’t want to go home yet. There’s still so much to see!” Chaerin slightly skipped away front him.

“Aren’t you tired yet?”

“No, I still want to try out the food!”

“You’ve been eating the whole day and you’re getting fatter by the minute.”

“Who cares if I get fat? Being fat is fine.” She waved her hand in dismissal.

Jiyong certainly knows that she will say that. They had talked about it before and he was amazed that Chaerin isn’t like every girl that he met who only cares about their weight and appearance and eats ant size food. Chaerin didn’t mind getting extra pounds, she said her love for sweets is what makes her herself and if she gets fatter she doesn’t mind. “I’m not going to stop liking what I like just because others will not like me. Doesn’t that mean that they’re shallow for only looking at my appearance? Is what grandma usually tell me.” she said to him once. For someone who is stupidly naïve about her surroundings, she had her bright moments.

Then Chaerin stopped in front of a shop window. “What now Kitty?” Jiyong ask tiredly.

Chaerin didn’t answer, instead she looked between him and the whop window. “Jiyong there’s you.” She pointed inside the shop. Jiyong walked towards her to see what she was pointing at. Then there it was a poster of him posing for a male line clothing.

“Oh, that one. That was from some time ago.” He said before moving on and leaving Chaerin to stare at the poster. She followed a few moments after, walking beside him halfway eating her ice cream.

“How come you have a picture in that store?”

“I sometimes do modeling.”

“Modeling?”

“Hm, someone takes pictures of you for them to use.”

“You had blue hair in that picture.”

“Yes, I did. Why?”

She shrugged in response. “Nothing, it’s just that I don’t think blue suits you.” She had already finish eating her ice cream.

“Really?” Jiyong was a little curious as to what she said.

“Um. I think you’re more of a red person.”

“Red?”

Chaerin nodded before grinning at him. “Cause you’re always angry that’s why red suits you.”

Jiyong let out a small chuckle at her answer. Then he noticed the ice cream that was on her chin before wiping it off with his handkerchief. The girls around them were silently squealing with jealousy when they saw his action.

‘Red, huh? Might as well try it next time.’

 

 

 

Here's a chapter to start of 2015.

Sorry for the gramar errors.

Enjoy :)