Clearing Minds

Gray Coloured Life

As soon as the cat woman had fallen asleep, Jiyong immediately went out of his bedroom and pace around his kitchen, thinking on how to handle this new madness that had entered in his life. He stared on the door to his bedroom, contemplating if he should just throw the woman out or keep her. According to her, she was the cat that he brought home last night. Seeing that her hair colour and the fur of the cat were the same shade, it can be a possibility. A mad possibility. It still did not explain on how she became human. Is this how God (if there is one) grants his wish of a change? Cause if it is, he doesn’t want it.

Talking to her earlier earned him a big headache. She was constantly yelling first thing in the morning. Furthermore, she requested or in this case demanded that he should make her a full course meal. Where does she think she is, in a five star hotel? This is his freaking house, he won’t let some human cat order him around and like she said earlier, he was her owner, so he can do whatever he wants to do without her complaining. With that in mind, he went to the kitchen to prepare a NOT-so full course meal.

 

 

A few minutes after he finishes preparing their meal, Chaerin was calling for him from the bedroom.

“Jyong, Jiyong!”

“What?” He saw the cat woman still in bed.

“Get me clothes to change into.” She request- no, demanded again. Jiyong only rolled his eyes and pull out a big old t-shirt that he seldom uses and a pair of shorts. Tossing it in the bed he left the room.

Charerin went out the room skipping towards the dining table where Jiyong is already settled. She immediately pouted seeing the food on the table.

“I said that I want a full course, not this.” She gestured to the food consisting of: stew, rice and a bowl of soup.

“Well, it’s my house so you don’t have any choice but to eat that.”  He said as he starts eating, leaving Chaerin to plump into the chair and follow his lead.

 

“Could you stop doing that?” Chaerin said without looking up from her food.

“Doing what?”

“Stealing glances at me, I know you have questions… so shoot.”

Jiyong hesitates “So, how did you became human?”

“I… I don’t know.” She replies looking at him.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” He raises a brow at her.

“Well, there were times when I just suddenly turn back into a human, it occurs randomly.”

“Do you have a family?” Chaerin only look at him blank faced. Jiyong realizes the answer to his question and nodded his head. Why would she be alone if she has a family, way to go stupid. He says in his mind.

“When was the last time  you became human?”

“Hmm… 10 years ago maybe?” She furrows her brows trying to remember.

“10 years? How old are you anyway?” In his mind she looks like a teenage girl.

“I’m 22.”

“You’re 22?”

“Yeah, why? By the look on your face you don’t believe me.” She narrows her eyes at him.

“You look like an 11 year old girl.”

She gaped at him “Are you serious?! Are you telling me that I don’t look like an adult!”

“You don’t.” He said going back to his meal.

“Well you look like a 50 year old ajusshi! Old people only have white hair.”

“For your information, I’m only 25 and my hair is not white, it’s platinum blonde.”

“Whatever.” She mumbles and continues eating.

 

“Jiyong, I want cake.” She randomly said.

“I don’t have a cake.”

“Then go make one.”

“Dunno how to.”

“Buy one.”

“Too lazy to go outside.”

“I want one. It’s been 10 years and I want one~”

“You’re one demanding cat. Get it yourself.”

With his last reply Chaerin was already irritated. How can he not understand that after 10 years she can finally have that heavenly taste? It’s like the feeling of having to drink ice cold water after a long journey through the burning desert. After finishing her meal, Chearin angrily stands up and walk towards the living room.

“Y-you have a-“ Jiyong’s eyes widens after seeing her tail swishing from her back, he sighs and closes his eyes. “Of course you have a tail.” He mumbles to himself. Chaerin only rolled her eyes and continue on her way.

 

 

After cleaning up the table, Jiyong walks out of the kitchen to see Chaerin lying on the couch on her side. Her tail slowly wagging, while she was in a daze. Just then, someone was knocking on the door. He went to see who it is, opening the door, he saw his cousin Dara.

Dara was a few years older than Jiyong and one the closest family that he have and continue to keep in touch to, considering that she was dating his best friend, Youngbae.

What the hell is wrong with you? Calling me early in the morning to bring some of my clothes here without any explanation.” Dara said walking inside his home. After leaving a sleeping Chaerin in his bed, Jiyong called his cousin to bring some of her clothes, knowing that Chaerin will need some type of girl clothes rather than his.

“Even if I do explain it to you, there is a big possibility that you won’t even take me seriously.”

“What do you mean-“ She was cut off by a scream coming from the inside of the house.

“JIYONG! JIYONG!”

“Oi, Ji who-“ Jiyong didn’t even let her finish talking before walking towards the noise, with Dara in tow.

What they saw was the TV on and a blond head peeking out behind the sofa.

“What is it now?” Jiyong ask.

Chaerin shot up her head behind the sofa “Jiyong! Someone is stuck in the box!”

“Stuck in a what now?”

“There!” She pointed in the TV showing a commercial. “I was playing with that thing (remote) and someone sprung up from the box talking about cars! He’s stuck inside the box!”

Jiyong only sigh and starts explaining to her. “It’s just a TV, kitty. They show people in it, but it doesn’t mean that they’re literally inside the TV. And that thing that were playing with is a remote, it turns on and off the TV, see.” He toke the remote and turns off the TV.

“You humans have a lot weird things.” Chaerin said, still behind the sofa.

“Can someone fill me in on what’s happening here?” Dara interrupts them, looking back and forth from Jiyong to the mysterious woman behind the couch. “Ji, who is she?”

Chaerin, hearing that the other woman in the house was looking at her; she immediately stands up and introduce herself. ”M-my name is Chaerin.” She said and bows down.

“Oh, nice to meet you Chaerin, I’m Sandara Park or you can call me Dara, I’m Jiyong’s cousin.” Dara studies the girl, she notices that Chaerin is wearing Jiyong’s clothes, Now why would she? Her long blond hair was flowing down to her shoulders up to her waist, and then she notices her cat-like features, specially her eyes.

“You’re so cute Chaerin-ah, you look like a cat!” Dara gush over to the other girl pushing Jiyong aside.

“You don’t know how true that is.” Jiyong mumbles to himself, glaring at his cousin.

Something’s weird. He said to himself. Why isn’t Dara freaking out while looking at Chaerin.

“Noona, don’t you find her… odd?”

Dara look over her shoulder, “What do you mean? That she’s wearing your clothes? Yeah sure, but I know you. You must have saved her from some bad guys that was chasing after her last night and decided to help her, beating up those bad guys and letting her stay here. I definitely know that side of you, The Dragon King, Kwon Jiyong.” Dara finishes her story looking daze from her imagination.

Here it goes again, the wild mountain rabbit and her imagination. “No, noona, that didn’t happen. What I mean is that those things on her head.” he gesture his hands.

“What do you mean on her head? Nothing’s on it.”

Jiyong’s head shoot up looking at her like she is crazier than she already was. “These things!” He took big steps towards Chaerin and points at her head. “Please tell you see them.”

“See what? Jiyongie are coming down with a fever, you’re really weird today. You should take it easy at work. It’s a good thing it’s the weekend, so try and rest your mind before coming back on Monday.”

How can she not see them?! It’s right in front of her! Jiyong screams in his mind.

“N-no noona, I’m fine. You seriously can’t see them?”

“For the second time Jiyongie, no I don’t see anything but her head.”

Jiyong can’t believe that she can’t see them. He looks down on Chaerin who was beside him, slightly sticking her tongue at him. He felt a twitch in his brow.

 

 

Dara left after dropping off some of her spare clothes and chatting with Chaerin.

Now, both of them are relaxing while watching the TV, or in Chaerin’s case staring other new discovery. She was kneeling right in front of the big screen, fascinated by the show that was on.

“How come Dara noona can’t see your ears or your tail?”

“Hmm? Only my owner can see them.” She replies without taking her eyes from the screen.

Oh my GD, so he’s the only one who can see this madness? His noona didn’t even freak out finding out about Chaerin staying at his place, furthermore wearing his clothes. She even made up some fantasy story on how he met Chaerin.

“And you only mention this now kitty, because?”

“I forgot.”

She forgot. She ing forgot about telling him that he is the only one who can she her ears and tail. He looked like a retard in front of his noona! It definitely won’t go with his bad boy image if someone else saw him talking about weird stuff that others can’t even see.

“And could you stop calling me kitty? I don’t like it; it sounds like I’m so weak and fragile.” She scuffs.

“Well, I’m your owner and you’re living inside my house so I can call you anything I want, kitty.”

“Just so you know, I hate you.” She said casually.

“The feeling’s mutual, kitty.”

“Also, your cousin is pretty weird.” She said looking over her shoulders to him.

You have no idea.