Don't leave me~

Your Love Is Off The Chain
“Mom! I’m home.” Baekhyun said as he took off his shoes, entering the hall.
 
“Baekhyun-ah! How was the audition?” Said his mother as soon as she saw him sitting on the coach. She sat next to him , patting his shoulder.
 
Baekhyun look at her mother. She seemed nervous and uncertain, waiting for him to say something. Slowly, he started to smile at her. “Do you believe in me, Mom?” He asked simply, blinking.
 
“Uh, of course! I know you always do your best  . . . I believe in you.” She said, smiling.
 
“I passed the audition!” 
 
“Oh goodness!" Her mother breathed deeply, feeling relieved. "I knew it!” She said, embracing Baekhyun. “I prayed a lot. I’m so happy for you.” She said, hugging Baekhyun even tighter. “When are you going to start being a trainee?”
 
“This Wednesday. You should come with me. I rather you be there when I sign the contract.” His mother nodded, caressing Baekhyun’s hand. “Have you made up your mind for the last time? Are you sure about this?” 
 
“Yes! I want to start being a trainee. I promise to work hard.” He said, determined.
 
“Alright! Let’s have a small celebration for you tonight.” His mother stood up. “Invite Junmyun-ah too!” 
 
 
Ohh! ! He doesn't even know anything about this at all.
 
 
Baekhyun went straight to his room, grabbing his phone, noticing several missed-calls on the display screen. "Junmyun?! Uhh!” Baekhyun started to call him back. 
 
“Hyung!?” 
 
“Hello? Baekhyun-ah! Were you sleeping? I tried calling you!”
 
"Sorry Hyung! I didn’t notice . . . " He heard noises over the line. “Wh- . . . where are you?”
 
“I called you to say that I’m leaving for America today!”
 
“What? Are you at the airport?”
 
“Yeah! I have a flight in thirty minutes.”
 
“What’s the rush, Hyung? What’s happened?” Baekhyun said, concerned.
 
“It’s Mom! She is sick again! I should take care of her for a while since she doesn’t do it herself.” Baekhyun sighed, rubbing his temper.
 
“I hope she gets better soon. I- . . . "
 
“Baekhyun-ah! Sorry I should go now. I will call you as soon as I arrive. Ok?”
 
“Uhh! Yeah . . . Sure. Have a safe flight, Hyung.” With that the call ended. Baekhyun sat on his bed, disappointed.
 
“I was supposed to tell you the good news!” He laid back on his bed, holding a pillow tightly.
 
 
 
Soon, Baekhyun started his trainee life, taking several vocal classes in a day as well as some extra hours of learning dance. 
 
He was able to talk to Junmyun only at nights since it was totally a different time zone for Junmyun. He still haven't told anything to him. Not yet. He didn’t want to make Junmyun worried, knowing his situation so he was specially careful not to tell anything no matter how much he wanted to talk about the process, the classes he was attending, the people he met, things he learned so far.
 
He was looking for a good situation to let him know that he is now a trainee at SM Entertainment! One of the biggest companies in music industry. 
 
 
Baekhyun wasn’t sure why he should learn dance steps in the first place, considering he was set to debut as a due with three back-up dancers or at least that's what he was told. 
 
 
“What’s the need to learn these!” He whined, sitting on the floor one evening. He grabbed a bottle of water near the large mirror, drinking a good amount of it, sweat still dropping from his temper.
 
“You seem tired already!” He looked at the guy who was approaching him. Yixing. His name was Yixing. The talented Chinese dancer who was in his third year of training in SM.
 
Baekhyun tried to stand up and greet him since he was a senior and Baekhyun a newbie.
 
“Relax. I just wanted to check if there is anything you need.” Said Yixing, standing near Baekhyun with a kind smile.
 
“Thank you! I’m fine.” Baekhyun put the bottle on the ground, touching his tired legs.
 
“They will just teach you the basic moves so hang in there.” Yixing said, looking into one of the mirrors.
 
“I’m not that good at dancing and I don’t understand why I should get to learn dance steps.”
 
Yixing smiled, turning his head. He then leaned on a wall opposite of where Baekhyun was sitting.
 
“You thought you will be spending your days at vocal classes only, right?” Baekhyun nodded, already standing up, practicing some new moves that he learned today.
 
“SM people want to make sure that they teach their trainees every aspect. Singing alone doesn’t take you anywhere. These days, people like singers who can entertain as well.”
 
“I see . . . Uhh this is hard!” He said, giving up.Yixing laughed at him, starting to move slowly. 
 
He played a song then stood in the center of dance practice room, focusing into the mirror in front of him. 
 
Baekhyun’s attention was then on Yixing’s way of making those moves. With every step, Baekhyun’s mouth would be wider. Yixing was quite amazing at dancing as he heard so. He had a strong expression while dancing. His sharp moves made Baekhyun wonder and in awe.
 
After Yixing was done with the “How to dance in a cool way” show, he looked at Baekhyun with the same friendly smile. 
 
“You are supposed to enjoy.” He said. “You are supposed to feel the music and show it through your moves so make sure you learn well and practice as much as you can. I would be happy to help.” Baekhyun nodded, zipping up his hoodie. “See you tomorrow.” 
 
 
Today, he also got to practice with a guy named Kyungsoo. As soon as he heard Kyungoo’s voice, goosebumps were all over his body.
 
“This kid has a nice voice! I still have a long way to go!” Baekhyun sighed while waiting for the bus to come. He then looked at the note he found hanging on his locker earlier. The mysterious note. He smelled it. The pen had this special smell so he just smelled it again and again.
 
Head up, heart open. To better days!
 
Baekhyun wondered who was the person who left this note for him. Maybe someone made a mistake or accidentally left it on his locker since there was no sign of a name or anything more. Before he could think any further the bus came and he got inside.
 
That night Baekhyun was so tired and sleepy that he just got the time to text Junmyun with a simple "Have a good day!" while changing into his pajamas, he soon fell asleep.
 
 
 
The next day, when Baekhyun entered the locker room to change his already wet clothes which were due to hard practice, he found another note on his locker.
 
Cheer up. Better days are coming.
 
He smelled it again. Same smell. He looked around, wondering. 
 
"Did you happen to see anyone leaving this note on my locker?" Baekhyun said to the guy who was changing his shoes. Sehun. His name was Sehun. One of the trainees along with Yixing for dance projects.
 
"Huh?" He looked at Baekhyun in confusion. "Well, I just came moments ago, I have no idea." Baekhyun nodded, grabbing his bag from inside. 
 
"What's that anyway?" Sehun asked suddenly, getting closer to Baekhyun.
 
"Well, not sure if someone is playing around. This is the second time I see something like this." He then showed the note to Sehun, looking at the amused face of Sehun.
 
"Well, I have never seen something like this happening." Sehun shrugged. "All I know is that the smell is like heaven!" Sehun said, smelling the note again.
 
"Yah! It's not funny! I'm here wondering who left this for me! Can't you at least not kid around!" Baekhyun frowned.
 
"Sor . . . ry!" Sehun said, rubbing his neck, his face became red from embarrassment.
 
 
 
Days were being passed fast and Baekhyun was practicing so hard. It had been several days since he last talked to Junmyun. He was unable to call him, knowing he might disturb Junmyun's time. He couldn't help but wanting to see him badly. He missed his more-than-best-friend a lot.
 
 
Yixing would always come and check if Baekhyun had any problem or needed anything in order to learn the steps better. Slowly, Baekhyun found himself getting close to Yixing. Because why wouldn't he?
 
Yixing was a nice and caring person just like Junmyun. He would always advice Baekhyun on steps.
 
Lately, Sehun would stay with them as well so together the three of them were practicing in the practice room up to late. 
 
While Yixing was a kind person, Sehun was a naughty kid, always joking around about just anyone, from the teachers in his school to some trainees but in the end he would get some death glares from Yixing so he just zipped his mouth after.
 
Baekhyun was still getting the notes upon entering locker room every day. He still had no clue who was behind this since he barely knew anyone in SM.
 
"Who the hell is this person!" Baekhyun said rather loudly, groaning.
 
"Huh? Who is who?" Yixing asked as he entered the locker room.
 
"Someone is sending me this kind of notes every day!" He pointed at the note.
 
"May I see what's written on it?" Yixing approached Baekhyun as he put his bottle of water inside of his bag.
 
Always be true to yourself and follow your dreams!
 
Yixing read it with an amused face. He then looked at Baekhyun. "Always be true to yourself and follow your dreams? What does that mean?"
 
"I really don't get the meaning of these notes. Look, I have other ones too." Baekhyun then showed the other notes one by one. Sometimes groaning at the cheesy and embarrassing ones.
 
Yixing was only smiling with every note that he was reading.
 
"Do you think someone here is trying to get close to you by sending these notes?"
 
"Well, I- . . . only know you, Sehun and Kyungsoo here!"
 
"What about Jongin?"
 
"Uhh, he hardly talks to me! Always having that cold stare!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
 
"Jongin isn't exactly a cold person. I know him for several years already! Why don't you try to talk to him?" 
 
"Why would I? He's always around that guy, Kyungsoo. I don't feel like approaching him and he doesn't as well."
 
"Well, he is a nice guy and once you get to know him, you would agree that he is not that cold. Anyway, I should go now, my bus is coming in the moments so . . . Don't think about this much. Maybe someone just wants to encourage you." Yixing put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder.
 
"Yeah. Maybe you're right." Baekhyun nodded only. "See you tomorrow." Yixing then left the place with a bright smile appearing in his face without Baekhyun noticing it.
 
 
It has already been Baekhyun's one month of being a trainee at SM Entertainment. It passed like wind as Baekhyun thought. He was now more comfortable and kind of used to things.
 
 
Things were going on as always until one day Baekhyun came home after a hard practice he had earlier, death tired already.
 
As soon as Baekhyun entered the hall, he was surprised by the quest who was sitting on one of the coaches. Junmyun? Baekhyun's eyes became so wide and his bag dropped from his shoulder.
 
"Baekhyun-ah! You came? Junmyun is here since an hour ago." Her mother came with a tray of fruits, putting it on a table near Junmyun's place. 
 
Junmyun had this expression Baekhyun was afraid to look at. 
 
"Baekhyun-ah! Why didn't you tell Junmyun about being an SM trainee?!" 
 
 
. That hit Baekhyun rather hard in the face and he mentally facepalmed. For a month he was trying to hide this from Junmyun. 
 
Junmyun raised an eye-brow which Baekhyun tried to avoid. He swallowed, his throat already dry with lack of water.
 
 
"Auntie! Can I talk to Baekhyun in my apartment?" Junmyun asked suddenly, his voice soft. Baekhyun cringed by what he heard. 
 
"Umm! Sure!" His mother looked at Junmyun and then Baekhyun. "Go ahead." She smiled.
 
 
Baekhyun slowly followed Junmyun into elevator. None was saying anything. They reached to 4th floor where Junmyun was staying.
 
Junmyun opened the door and without any word he went inside followed by Baekhyun.
 
 
Moments later, when Junmyun changed his clothes he sat on a chair a little far from where Baekhyun was sitting.
 
 
"So?" Junmyun spoke up. Baekhyun's eyes were still on the floor, not daring to look at Junmyun.
 
"You prefered I hear it from auntie?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes, trying to find an excuse. "If you liked to be a trainee this much, the least you could do was to let me know! I wouldn't object since you obviously did what you wanted to do."
 
"I- . . . " Baekhyun coughed a bit. Today, he had a hard time to reach some high notes. That's why his throat was all dry.
 
"I didn't want to hide this forever!"
 
"When were you supposed to talk about it? After you debuted or something!?"
 
"It's not what you think! I- tried to tell you but- . . . I didn't want to disturb you since I- . . . "
 
"Don't tell me that . . . Find better excuse Baekhyun!" Baekhyun looked at Junmyun. He frowned, anger was building up his body.
 
The terrible thing was that he badly missed Junmyun that first thing he wanted to do was to hug him but . . . 
 
"I'm not making up excuses- "
 
"Yeah! One month wasn't enough for you to say a thing about this?! The whole time, you told me you were studying and I really thought you were but instead  . . . !"
 
"This is what I like to do!" Baekhyun decided enough is enough. "You never encouraged me about this once, never! Why should I bother to talk about it when I already knew your- . . . "
 
"Baekhyun!"
 
"Please let me talk!" He took a deep breathe. "The whole time, I had the support of my parents and any stranger out there but none from you! Why do you think I should always follow what you think is the best! I have grown up and I can decide by myself!"
 
"I never forced you or pushed you over doing anything! You know better! I'm . . . mostly concerned about you."
 
"Don't. Be. Concerned. Anymore! I have already decided what path I want to choose!"
 
"Baekhyun-ah! Do you think it's easy to debut? Do you even know how many years does it take to be able to debut? Look at yourself. You have lost so much weight in just one month. And out of all companies! SM Entertainment? Huh!"  
 
"I already knew what is coming when I signed the contract!"
 
"You don't! You don't have any idea what will be going to happen in the future! You will be losing your freedom, privacy . . . literally everything!"
 
 
Baekhyun swallowed. He can't lose this time. He can't lose to Junmyun. Not anymore.
 
 
"Whether you . . . like it or not! I already made my decision. I want to be singer. Respect my decision please!" Baekhyun was hurt. He didn't want to argue. Now now.
 
"Baekhyun-ah!" Junmyun got closer. He tried to touch Baekhyun's face but Baekhyun went one step back. "Hyung! Please respect my decision . . . that's all I ask!"
 
Baekhyun looked away, he couldn't let Junmyun see his tears. He was already tired of all the extra hours he spent in sweat in order to learn those dance moves.
 
Junmyun could only sigh as he saw Baekhyun leaving the place.
 
 
 
 
[A/N] Hello! Anyone there who hates me for updating late? .___. I'm really sorry. I decided to make this up by writing two chapters in one ^^ I'll be updating as soon as possible~ Comments are welcome<333