Please stay~

Your Love Is Off The Chain


~*~Anything that gets to make your heart race is probably worth trying~*~

 



Nothing felt right no matter how much effort he put into it and it was getting frustraing for Baekhyun. It was like he was between the Earth and the Sky. Confused more than any other time and scared at the same time.


Baekhyun wasn't a coward person and he certainly didn't want to take a long time to solve this problem. To stop running away from Junmyun. To stop ignoring him. He just wasn't sure when is the right time to meet him. Where is the right place to tell him things he has held inside for a long time, things just hid the whole time. His feelings.


If anything, Junmyun was the main reason for him to becoming a singer. He wanted his hyung to be proud of him. He didn't go through the hard time learning how to dance well, practicing for hours and hours. His throat was still hurt from practicing and practicing.


But he realized that this was only a way to escape from these feelings, to escape from Junmyun and to escape from this love once he saw Junmyun getting pushed right in front of his eyes. The scene put a bad effect leading to spending sleepless nights, thinking how to appear in front of Junmyun without feeling ashamed and embrrassed.

 



"Baekhyun! Your food is getting cold!" Said Kyungsoo, on the backstage. They just finished rehearsaling and it was already noon and time to eat lunch and having to rest for awhile before the music show goes on air.


"I'm not that hungry!" He sighed, putting down the chopsticks on the small table nearby.


"Then can I have it?" Sehun asked, his hands on their way of approaching Baekhyun's dish, his puppy eyes were showing brightly. Kyungsoo frowned at Sehun, gesturing him to back off but Baekhyun just smiled.


"You must be really hungry. You can have it!" He gave the dish to Sehun without any complain. Sehun nodded happily, starting to eat.


Kyungsoo looked at Yixing who witnessed the whole thing, sighing as they exchanged some glances.


"It's because Jongin stole most of my food!" Sehun pouted. Good thing Jongin was in the restroom at the moment, else they would be having this cat fight over food again.


"Sehun-ah! Go check on Jongin! He is taking too long!." Kyungsoo slightly pushed Sehun but the younger didn't budge an inch, continue eating.


"Sehun, listen to your Hyung!" Yixing said politely. Sehun's mouth was filled with food and he was blinking innocently like a child. He swallowed fast and then stood up.


"PleaseDon'tTouchThisFoodWhileI'mGone!" He quickly opened the door and stepped outside, leaving the other three alone.

 



"Baekhyun!" Yixing sat near him, carefully putting his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder after a moment of silence. Baekhyun was quiet, not noticing the look on Kyungsoo's face.


"Don't you- . . . " Yixing paused.


"I know what you are going to say. The answer is Not Yet. I still need some time to think about many things." He looked at Yixing and then turning his gaze on Kyungsoo.


"What if Junmyun Hyung thinks otherwise?" Kyungsoo spoke up. "What if he thinks you are still mad at him or don't wanna talk to him anymore?"


"I don't have enough confidence to show up!" baekhyun sighed, leaning back on the coach.


"You know this is just an excuse!" Yixing was now talking. He was concerned about how this would continue, the more Baekhyun ignores Junmyun, the bigger their distance would become.


"You still love him, don't you?" Kyungsoo asked. He looked serious. Baekhyun nodded lightly. "And I'm sure he loves you too! I just don't get why you two don't reconcile."


"It's not the matter of loving each other! It's . . . I'm just really scared. Because things are now real and not limited to imagination anymore . . . And I feel like I don't deserve him. I reacted so harshly which surely disappointed him."

 


Just then the manager came inside of the room with Sehun and Jongin.

 


"Alright, get ready. You are going to go on stage in less than ten minutes." The managers said. "I'll be having a short call." Kyungsoo nodded, guiding Sehun and Jongin to follow him.


"Baekhyun-ah! Some things are destined to be but it only takes you a couple of tries to get there!" Yixing smiled, offering his hand to help Baekhyun stand up and Baekhyun, after a short hesitate held it, feeling the energy getting injected through his body. The two joined the rest, waiting for their time to go up and perform on stage.

 

~*~*~*~

 



Jongdae was at the cafeteria talking with Seohyun when he noticed Junmyun entering the hall. He excused himself politely and ran towards him, putting his hand on Junmyun's back.


"What are you doing here?" Jongdae asked, he was in a good mood.


"Oh hi!" Junmyun waved at Jongdae's face causing Jongdae to laugh for a moment. "Nothing, just going to buy a bottle of water, my headache is back and I need to take this pill and then head back to home."


"I see . . . " Jongdae glared at him, feeling disappointed suddenly. He waited for Junmyun, sitting on the nearby seat.


"Have you told them that you are going to take a long absence already?" Jongdae asked once Junmyun finally sat down in front of him, putting his left palm heel under his chin.


"Yeah." Junmyun weakly smiled after nodding multiple times. "Thanks for your concern."


"If I don't get worried for you who else would? You are pretty much carefree when it's comes to yourself!" Jongdae rolled his eyes.


"It's ok- . . . "


"No it's not! Seriously . . . you are running away! If not from him , it's from yourself."


"I don't." Junmyun patiently rubbed his temper. "Please, must our last conversations be around baseless arguement?" He said bitterly. "I have already told you- . . . "


"Yeah I know! But really . . . It's not like you get any rejection text from him, did you?"


"It doesn't matter, Jongdae-ya!" Junmyun held the bottle, looking at it. "He chose to stay quiet now that he knows about my feelings, I wouldn't bother when I see waiting is useless."


"Junmyun! I feel like you still need to stay a bit longer. Give him one week or two, if he still doesn't show up or text you or anything, you are free to go and I won't complain!"


"I- . . .  miss my parents." Junmyun sighed, remembering the time he lied to Baekhyun about going to the US to visit his sick Mom while in reality . . . He was just stalking him here and there! "I really need to see them, it's been like two years."


"Just a week! Junmyun. I'm not going to ask you more!" Jongdae leaned forward to hold Junmyun's hand with his own, giving it warm squeezes. "You went through a lot only to easily let him go?"


Junmyun looked away, feeling bitter about many things. He sighed, feeling hopeless.

 


"My flight is on Sunday, so two days from now. I hope to see you for the last time for awhile." Junmyun politely pulled his hand away, eventually standing up and walking away.



"Damn!" Jongdae cursed under his breathe. "I know what to do! Yeah, use your brain Jongdae!" He stood up, somehow an idea crossed his mind. Something that he needed to do sooner.

 

 

~*~*~*~

 



Baekhyun waved back at the fans who were happily cheering on them before coming off stage and bow to the PDs and follow the manager.


He was feeling much better, getting to perform and pouring out his feelings through singing and the result came out good. He was becoming better and feeling more comfortable to sing on stage . . .  specially in front of the fans.

 


His phone started blowing up once he was about to go inside of the van. He did a small nod in recognation as he saw a few fans staying near the van and thumbs up-ing him . . .  He then sat on his seat.


He looked at his phone, sliding the notification to read the message.



Let's meet tomorrow! Any time that you are ok with, Byun Baekhyun!


"Huh? Who is this?" He asked in confusion but it was loud enough to catch the attention of Kyungsoo. "Who is who?" Kyungsoo asked, curious, his eyes turned wide.



Do I even know you?

 



Baekhyun replied, reassuring Kyungsoo by saying it's nothing serious.



His phone vibrated again and he immediatly grabbed it to check the new message.



Obviously, you don't. But there is something you really need to know by tomorrow. It's urgent.



Baekhyun blinked, reading the message again.



Tomorrow, they only had Music Core rehearsal at 10AM and then performances start at 4PM and they would be pretty much done after 7PM.



Ok. Let's meet up near Han river at around 7:30PM.



He clicked on the send button and leaned back on his seat, reviewing his day.

 

 

~*~*~*~




Weekend tends to pass quiet faster than other normal days or maybe it's just the way it feels. For Baekhyun it was the first one and once he looked at the clock, it was already 5PM and they were going to get ready to perform on stage.

 


After finishing the performance, Baekhyun quickly went to talk with his manager, asking if he can go meet someone in his free time.


The manager glared at him at first, asking who is this person he wants to see but after getting to hear that it seems urgent he nodded, allowing him to go under this condition that he should be back in an hour. Baekhyun promised to go to dorm on time.

 


He arrived 5 minutes earlier, feeling a bit nervous and out of place. He sat alone on one the benches looking at the Han river. There were some people in front of his sight, some were playing with their bicycles, some with in-line skates and some just enjoying the view.


He hasn't been going to Han river for a long time so he tried to enjoy while he has the chance.


He felt a hand on his shoulder moments later so he looked up, seeing an unfamiliar face who was smiling at him.


"Byun Baekhyun, you really came!" The guy asked, laughing while he sat down, facing him.


"Yes. You told me that it's urgent, remember? Anyway may I know who are you?"


"I'm Kim Jongdae, Junmyun's university friend!" Jongdae chuckled as soon as he saw Baekhyun's priceless expression which was a mixed of surprised and disbelief.


"Alright?" He swallowed, his heart started to beat fast once he heard the name. Damn


"I decided I really need to do something to change this situation that you two are stuck in!"


"Is he okay?" Baekhyun asked, looking worried suddenly.


"Well . . . not exactly? I mean you haven't talked to him since that incident so I'm not sure if he is feeling any better!"


"I . . . " Baekhyun cleared his throat.

 


"Listen! I'm not here to nag at you or anything like that. I just want to let you know the things you need to really know. So just listen carefully and then I'll be quiet, hearing all you want to say, deal?" Baekhyun nervously bit his lip, nodding. "Deal!" He said.

 


"Ever since you became a trainee at SM, Junmyun made sure to keep an eye on you despite him being busy with the unversity and such. He was simply like a worried mother, always being worried for you. I bet you have no idea how severe it was. Anyway. . . He started to do this so called hide and seek just to let you know that no matter where you are, his love will protect you. Be it by actions like showing up at random places or by sending you the mysterious notes. His intentions were never ever to play with you and most importantly your feelings." Jongdae sighed deeply. "But things didn't go that smoothly as you might think. Junmyun was . . .  Let me say . . . he was threatened at some point by some of your fans!"


"What  . . . . are you saying?" Baekhyun looked at him in shock. "I know it became so messy and  . . . "


"No, I'm not talking about that incident! There is another accident where he fell down from the stairs of his apartment and there is the CCTV showing two girls were the ones causing this."


Baekhyun looked at Jongdae in disbelief. He blinked several times, he felt his body going numb. Jongdae tried to comfort him once he saw Baekhyun hiding his face in his palms. "Why are you telling me this now?" He looked back at Jongdae, feeling angry.


"I'm sorry! It's just he never let us tell you anything about this. Your mother knows this as well. We wanted the police to investigate this but Junmyun asked us to drop the case for . . . well . . . because of you!" Baekhyun shivered, not believing this has really happened to his precious Junmyun.


"Luckily . . .  it wasn't a serious accident and he's recovered after a month."

 


The pause between the notes. Baekhyun could now understand the reason for not receiving any notes for two weeks. Everything made sense now and he was having a mental breakdown the more he was thinking about it. Jongdae stopped talking and only looked at Baekhyun.

 


"Did . . . did his head hurt badly? Did he feel a lot of pain?" Baekhyun asked, desperately waiting for something that makes him feel a bit, just a little bit calm.


"His head wasn't injured severely. Aside from the typical bruises and pains on his hips and back and random headaches that I noticed . . . " Jongdae shook his head, reassuring Baekhyun.


"And . . . I heard about that rumor! Well . . .  I think I know who was behind that mess. The timing is even right now that I think about it, it was like the day before that blog spreads the picture. Junmyun and I met at the library and I clearly remember a girl asking for Junmyun's phone. Something like she needed to call and yeah . . . I have a gut feeling that it was her. I know Junmyun well enough, he won't ever do something like that . . . I mean his clearly knows you are now a public figure and known by many fans and people."

 


Baekhyun swallowed. He was feeling dizzy. Wasn't he the one accusing Junmyun without knowing? He wasn't sure if there was even any more shame left . . .

 

"Baekhyun! Junmyun loves you more than he loves himself." Baekhyun nodded, his eyes became a bit teary but he quickly wipped them, feeling embarrassed.


"That night that you two had that big fight, I went to his apartment at like 4AM and I don't think I would ever want to see him in that position ever again. He was so pale and lifeless, having a high fever that I almost gave up. I wanted to call an ambulance because his fever was so high and I was so scared!" Jongdae moved closer to hug Baekhyun. He was on the verge of crying and Jongdae could only comfort him, somehow feeling happy inside knowing that the love between the two is not one-way as he would think.

"I'm sorry!" Baekhyun whispered in the middle of sobbing. "I'm sorry I could never imagine what was happening to him. I'm sorry!" He sobbed again, feeling bloody guilty for everything he has said to Junmyun. It was breaking his heart and he had a hard time not chocking on the air. Jongdae rubbed his back trying to calm him down. He himself felt like a lump on his throat.



"You need to stop him as soon as possible Baekhyun! He has given up on everything. He has a flight tomorrow!"


"What? What he thinks he is doing?" Baekhyun cried bitterly. "Leaving me in this misery?"


"I tried to stop him. I really did but it was useless. I think . . . You are the only one who can stop him, Baekhyun!"
 

 

 

~*~*~*~

 




Junmyun looked at the big clock in the main hall, trying to find a spot to sit. His flight was sceduled for 5:45PM and he has packed the things which he needed while staying in the US.

He spent a short moment, saying goodbye to Mrs. Byun, telling her that he needed to visit his parents and she, in return, hugged him tightly, asking him to send her regards to Mr. and Mrs. Kim before Junmyun leaves.



Once it was annouced that the passangers for LA flight should go to gate B, Junmyun finally stood up. He was feeling a bit down seeing Jongdae was nowhere to be found now. He didn't even pick up his phone.

 


He held his coat on his left arm and his passport, ticket and wallet on his right hand, ready to walk.

 


He was walking towards the gate but felt his name being called. He thought maybe he is hearing things so he ignored it, continue walking but the third time he heard the voice, he turned around only to be taken aback by who was standing right behind him.

 


He wasn't ready to meet Baekhyun. No. Not here. Not now. No. He blinked, maybe he is just being delusional but . . .

 


"I thought running away from you was hard but not knowing what to do next was the hardest part!" Baekhyun's expression was pretty much unreadable and Junmyun was literally lost.



Last announcement could be heard and Junmyun had no time to think proparely.



"You can't leave me like that! You can't leave me here, struggling!" Junmyun swallowed. " You just can't. Because I can't live another day like that." Baekhyun walked one step further.

 


The passangers were passing them one by one, some giving weird looks to this two while walking away.

 


"Sir, give me your passport!" The female staff's voice made Junmyun uncontrollably reaching near to give his passport, letting the staff to check it. He then looked back at Baekhyun who could only glare at him.


"Hyung . . . !"


"You can go, sir!"


"Please . . . ! " Baekhyun whispered, feeling himself getting closer to Junmyun until they were just few inches apart.


"I'm sorry, Baekhyun-ah!" Junmyun looked at him disappointedly, turning his head around, slowly walking away . . . .
 

 

 



[A/N] Wow . . . :O I feel like someone is going to murder me before the last chapter>< LOL Just kidding, next chapter is going to be the last chapter ^^ I will update soon.