Love Will Find A Way

Give Up Your Heart - (HIATUS)

(A/N): Mianhe! I thought I'd already posted this chapter but I guess I forgot! D:

 


 
I broke the silence. “Let’s go!” I called out, running over to the ghost train, which I knew I would end up killing for making me go on.
He gave the tokens to the ride operator and we climbed in the cart.
As the cart set off, I saw Hoya stare at me from the corner of my eye. I turned to face him and smiled gently.
He bowed his head and looked away from me. The silence wasn’t completely uncomfortable.
It wasn’t long before a ghost jumped in front of us and I almost jumped out of my seat in shock.
Hoya laughed shyly and pulled me into his side. I could feel the warmth radiating from his body.
“Scared already Yoonji-ah?” he asked caringly, playing with my hair. I was distracted by his actions.
Surely I was just reading into things, right? Me and him have a sibling relationship… don’t we?
I hid my face in his shoulder, refusing to look at the various vampire, zombie and ghost figures that kept jumping in front of our cart.
“You can look now,” He shook me. I moved away and uncovered my face from my hands.
“See? It’s over now. That wasn’t so bad, was it?” he asked. I nodded and he laughed at me, before taking my hand and pulling us both out of the cart.
“What shall we ride now Princess Yoonji?” I tapped my chin with my finger before pointing at a ride which had two arms which swung upside down.
I smirked to myself. “Are you scared?” I teased.
He scoffed. “As if. Come on, let’s go!” he exclaimed, gathering the attention of passerby’s.
He gave the tokens to the ride operator and we climbed on. I shuffled, getting on to my tip toes to try and sit on the seat that was too high for me.
“Perks of being a short-,” I mumbled to myself. “Oppa, can you help me? I can’t reach the seat.” I confessed shyly.
I hated being small in height. He smiled and stood in front of me. His strong arms s around my waist and lifted me up.
The fact that our faces were a few centimetres away made me pull back and blush. His face flushed.
“Mianhe,” he apologised. I just waved it off. It’s not as if he meant anything like that, right?
 
We both held on to the bars either sides of us as the arm we were on slowly took off. He was biting his lip.
“It’s a little high up, isn’t it?” I . He turned to face me and grinned.
I never understood him, always smiling like it’s his birthday. I laughed to myself thinking about it.
I watched his face as the arm lifted higher. His eyes closed shut tightly as his grip tightened.
A part of me felt bad for making him ride on this; it was more that obvious to me that he was scared.
It’s not as if he didn’t scare you with the ghost train. Fair enough, I guess we’re now evens.
The arm lifted higher and higher until both arms swung in opposite directions. Hoya screamed.
I was holding back laughter at his high pitched scream. It was the kind of scream I thought only Sungyeol could have achieved, but I guess perhaps not.
I held on to the bars, once again looking over at Hoya, who looked sick already. I gave his arm a comforting pat. He looked over at me.
“Let’s get something to drink after, arasso?” I suggested. He nodded and hummed until the end of the ride.
He couldn’t be faster at unbuckling himself from his seat and springing up off of the ride.
I shook my head and unbuckled myself from the seat, getting off the ride.
We walked around the stalls, trying to find a drink for Hoya who didn’t look in the best condition.
As we walked to a stall, we heard the intro of ‘Man In Love’ play through the speakers. I smiled.
Hoya watched me as I sang along to the words. “Fangirl, are we?” he joked, chuckling to himself.
“I’m supportive of my Dongie’s achievements,” I replied smartly, clicking my tongue.
He grinned and pulled out his wallet. “Hoya, I’ll pay. After all, it is my fault for suggesting the ride.”
“Ani.” He cut in strongly, ordering his drink and paying before I could insist on paying for him.
“I can’t let the lady pay.” He stated, sticking out his tongue at me. I rolled my eyes and gestured to a bench that we could sit on.
I tucked away some hair from my eyes and watched as he took a sip of his bottle of water. "Gwaenchanha?” I asked.
He nodded. “I am, as long as I’m with you.” He whispered, looking at my face. My eyes widened.
“W-what? Hoya… I-I don’t.” I started, confused. Is that what he meant? I was puzzled.
“I know. You love Woohyun and I can’t get in the way of that. I just wanted you to know.”
 
“Gomawo.” I replied. He didn’t answer, he just stared at me in disbelief. “Thank you.”
His face was puzzled. He was clueless as to what I meant. “Thank you for what?” he asked.
“Thank you for telling me, even though I suspected that you felt like that, I’m glad you told me.”
He opened his mouth to speak, but shut it again. “You did? How did you know?” he asked, shocked.
“Hoya,” I sang, turning my head to face him. “I’m not living under a rock, I could tell.”
He chuckled nervously. “Does this change things now? Are you going to avoid me now?” he asked.
I stared at his face and watched him chew his lip and look down as if he was a scolded child.
I sighed. “You really don’t know me that well, do you oppa?” I asked. “This changes nothing.”
He smiled at me. “We can be friends, even though it will take a bit of time, you’ll get over it,”
He nodded in agreement. “I hope so. I don’t want to feel guilty whenever I feel the urge to be near you anymore.
I understand you’re Woohyun’s girl, so I will back off.” He spoke sincerely.
“Are you feeling better now?” I asked him. He nodded and stood up, holding out his hand to me.
“Would you hold this while I walk?” he asked, his cheeks flushing red. I laughed and took his hand.
“It’s being around Woohyun too much, isn’t it?” I joked. He nodded, grinning.
“Look Yoonji-ah, there’s a lake over there, shall we walk alongside it?” he asked me.
I nodded. We began to walk along the side of the lake, swinging our arms and chatting casually.
“You know,” Hoya started, watching me as I looked at the lake. “I’m glad we can be friends still.”
I smiled. “Why should our friendship change just because you confessed to me and I rejected?”
He sighed with a smile on his face. “You never denied being Woohyun’s girl either.” He teased.
“Are you his girl?” I shook my head. “But you like him, right?” he asked, nudging my arm.
 
“I-“ I stopped my sentence. “I don’t know. I have feelings for L but recently Woohyun’s been on my mind.”
“When you’re with L…” he paused for a moment, standing still. “Do you think of him?” he asked.
I looked away, drawing pictures in the stars that had started to appear. “Ne.” I admitted.
“How about when you’re with Woohyun?” I turned to look at him. “Do you think of L?” he asked.
I sighed, thinking. “Sometimes, not always. Recently it’s been a lot less frequent.” I told him.
“Yoonji,” he whispered. I hummed. “Have you kissed him yet?” he questioned. I let out a laugh.
“Is this 20 questions?” I shot back at him, chuckling. He grinned back at me. I felt my lips tingle.
“Ne. Yes I have kissed him. I didn’t exactly plan it, though. He was upset and… I don’t know.”
“Did you like it?” he cut in. I stared up at him, trying to read his expression. He didn’t look jealous.
I shrugged. “I guess so. Doesn’t everyone like to be kissed?” I answered. He smiled at me.
“I guess.” He agreed with me. He looked over at me and I shut my eyes and let out a breath.
“What if Woohyun’s just playing a game?” I mumbled. “What if he doesn’t mean anything?”
He frowned at me and shook his head. “You’re wrong. He likes you. Heck Yoonji, he loves you!”
I smiled at the stars and took Hoya’s hand in mine. “Maybe. I hope so,” I whispered.
“You know, Yoonji…” he started, chuckling to himself. “If it’s meant to be, love will find a way.”
I smiled at the ground and swung our arms together. “You have definitely been spending too much time around Woohyun.
He’s a bad influence.” I joked. He laughed along and nodded in agreement.
“Should we go back now? Or do you want something to eat?” he asked, looking back at me.
I nodded. “Let’s eat first, I’m starving!” I chuckled and we found a stall which sold curry and rice.
“2?” the lady asked us. Hoya nodded his head. The lady scooped some curry and rice for us to eat.
“You’re Hoya right?” she gestured at Hoya. He nodded and she fumbled around in her pocket.
She handed him a slip of paper and a pen. “Could you sign this for my daughter? She’s a huge fan!”
He laughed and picked up the pen and signed on the paper. “How old is your daughter, ahjumma?”
“She turned 16 in June.” The ahjumma told him. He nodded his head. What was he thinking?
 
“This is going to sound more like Woohyun… but tell her that when she’s old enough we can get married.” He spoke, chuckling at the end.
The ahjumma laughed too and told him she would. We carried our curries to a little table and sat down.
“So you’ve already got your future wife planned out then!” I joked, nudging his arm teasingly. He grinned and nodded.
I picked up a plastic spoon and shovelled some rice and meat onto it. I took a mouthful and hummed at the amazing taste.
“Is it good?” he asked. I nodded. “Ne? Well then, I’d better dig in!” he dove in like a starving animal.
I laughed as I watched him. I ate slowly, savouring the taste of the cooked meat and the warm rice.
“Ahjumma!” I called out. The lady we had been speaking to turned around to face us. I smiled.
“The food is heavenly!” I complimented her. She bowed her head in appreciation and smiled back.
Once I had finished, I rubbed my stomach. “Nan pigonhae.” I muttered, leaning against his arm.
He wrapped an arm around my shoulder. “We can sleep soon,” he spoke smoothly.
I smiled and closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep without caring that I was outside.
 
When I awoke, I felt the strange sensation of floating in the air.
My side was pressed up against something warm and something was holding me up. So I wasn’t floating, after all.
I opened my eyes slowly and came face to face with a person’s t-shirt. I looked up and saw the person was Hoya and he was carrying me.
I must’ve fallen asleep. How long had I slept?
He sat me down on the seat beside him in the manager’s car and pulled my head onto his lap.
I lay curled up on the seats with my head in his lap, him my hair and humming a song.
My eyes felt droopy, but I didn’t want Hoya to have to carry me again so I stayed awake.
“Yoonji-ah,” he spoke softly. I looked up at him. He smiled. “Go to sleep now.” He told me.
I closed my eyes and soon enough, I was welcomed back into the dream world again.
This time when I woke up, I was being carried again, but the scent was different. I leant in to the person’s t-shirt and smiled.
It smelt like heaven to me. It smelt exactly like one person.
One person I recognised as Woohyun.