The Date

Give Up Your Heart - (HIATUS)

I was fast asleep in my bed when I felt the bed dip again. A grin involuntarily made its way to my lips.

My face was facing his chest and I felt his gentle fingers brush my cheek. I could tell he was staring.
It was only when his warm hand crept under my shirt and rubbed my stomach that I was alarmed.
I was alarmed not at the fact his hand was touching my bare skin, but the tingles his touch left. I opened my eyes immediately.
A blush crept into my cheeks from how close his face was to mine. I tried to ignore it and yelled at him.
“Yah! What are you doing?” I pushed him off of me. He landed roughly on the floor. He sat up and rubbed his back.
“You’re over-reacting Yoonji,” The other members scrambled into the room, wearing panicked and confused expressions.
I looked between them and Woohyun, biting my lip. I knew what Dongwoo would say if he knew.
Woohyun’s head hung low. “What is going on here? Why is he in here?” Dongwoo asked angrily.
“Dongwoo-ya,” I spoke softly, touching his arm. His expression softened. I looked back at Woohyun.
“Woohyun came in to wake me up and you know what I’m like in the morning,” I chuckled.
He relaxed. “Yah! Get up pabo. Next time shield yourself from her,” He joked. I smiled at Woohyun.
They left quickly to make breakfast. Woohyun looked up at me and stood up, brushing himself off.
“Why did you lie for me Yoonji? You don’t like me, you had your chance to get me in trouble,”
My eyes widened. “Is that what you think of me?” I asked calmly. “I wouldn’t stoop that low.”
He nodded slowly, looking at the floor. I continued. “Plus imagine how Dongie would react,” He shrugged.
“You may be annoying most of the time but I’m a human being, I care about you.”
His eyes widened as he looked at me. “I know you don’t care about me like… that but thank you.”
He pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, feeling the warmth come from his body.
 
“So,” he mumbled awkwardly. “I was thinking maybe… we could get to know each other better?”
I looked up at him and saw that his cheeks were coloured pink. I smirked. “Are you asking me out?”
His cheeks flushed a deeper shade. “I-I mean I guess so,” He scratched his neck. “If you want to,”
I chuckled and for some reason I felt happy. I nodded. “It’ll be good to get to know you,” I agreed.
“Well then, I’ll let the others know and we can go get ready,” he smiled, hesitating for a bit before placing a kiss on my cheek gently.
I stood there frozen at his action. What if it was L? What difference would it make?
I feel more comfortable around L, but as soon as Woohyun is here, I smile without even knowing it.
I sighed and plopped on my bed, groaning in frustration. “What’s wrong? Didn’t want to go on a date?” a familiar voice asked.
I turned around to face them. L was leaning against the door frame, with an amused expression. “It’s not that,” I muttered.
He walked closer and cupped my cheeks in his hand. “Yoonji, as much as I wanted to stop him…”
He looked down at the floor and then back up at my face. “I know how eager he is to take you out,”
“Believe me, I think we should go out all together but he want a date,” he winked. I chuckled. “He’s a good guy, Yoonji.
He may be flirty and annoying but he has a good heart.” He told me. “He cares about you, Yoonji. We all do.”
He muttered the last part under his breath. I smiled at him.
“I have an idea,” he raised an eyebrow at my announcement. “You guys take turns to have me for a day.
Dongie was yesterday, Woohyun is today…” I explained. He chuckled and nodded.
“Well then can I be the one to take you out tomorrow, pretty lady?” he asked politely and kissed my hand.
I rolled my eyes but laughed at his cheesy but gentlemanly side being exposed.
 
“I suppose I could let you take me out tomorrow L-ssi,” I accepted his offer as if I was a rich person.
L chuckled, which I found incredibly attractive & I tried not to show how excited I was for tomorrow.
“I’ll let you get changed then,” he smiled before leaving the room. I ran over to my wardrobe.
I wanted to look good for Woohyun, but at the same time I wanted to look better for L. I bit my lip.
I felt a little bad wanting to look better for L so I decided I’d at least curl my hair to put in effort. I picked out a lovely light summer dress and sandals.
I went through the drawers to find a hat. Eventually I found a straw hat with a ribbon tied around it with a red bow.
I stared at my outfit. I tapped a finger against my chin. “Something’s missing,” I mumbled to myself.
I picked out a red bolero cardigan. I smiled. Much better. I took a quick shower and changed into my clothes.
I twirled around in front of the mirror. All I needed now was a few pieces of jewellery.
I slid a rose ring on my finger and put in bird studs. I picked out a necklace with an infinity pendant.
I had tried to get my hands on a necklace which had the Infinite logo on it but I hadn’t been able to.
I put on my necklace and looked in the mirror to see how I looked. I looked better than I thought.
I stepped out of the room and met with a handsome looking Woohyun. I gasped when I saw him.
His hair was messy and he was wearing jeans with a black tank top and a white jacket.
I greeted him and he smiled nervously back at me. Sungyeol, who had just walked in, dropped the piece of toast he was eating.
“Guys, look at this!” he called. The other members rushed in. I felt self-conscious as all of them stared at us two.
Dongwoo came forward. “You look so pretty,”
I smiled. “Thanks Dongie,” I patted his head and he grinned. Woohyun reluctantly held my hand.
I looked down at our hands shyly. “I think all of us agree here,” Sungjong added. They nodded.
“Gomawo,” I thanked them for their compliment. Woohyun smiled softly and led me outside.
 
“You know Yoonji, I’m glad you wore red today, it’s my favourite colour,” He told me with a smile.
“Jinjja? Mine’s red too,” I replied. He looked at me and I looked back at him. He let out a chuckle.
He swung our arms as we walked down the street, watching kids play in the park. “Where are we going, Woo?”
I asked him. He told me it was a surprise. “It better be good,” I warned.
He nodded. “I’m pretty confident you’ll like it,” he boasted. I rolled my eyes and laughed.
He slipped between two hedges and tugged on my hand, pulling me along. I widened my eyes.
“Woohyun-ah,” was all I could say. He smiled at me and led me to a picnic basket by the lakeside.
The lake glistened wherever the sun rays hit it. I closed my eyes and listened to the trees swaying.
“This place is beautiful,” I admired the warmth and crystal blue lake. I ran over to it, taking off my shoes and dipping in my feet.
“Come over here oppa, it’s lovely!” I called. He brought the picnic.
“It’s beautiful, just like you,” He mumbled to me, sitting next to me and crossing his legs.
I blushed. “And his greasy side emerges,” I commented, making him chuckle. He lay back on the grass, his right arm under his head
and his right hand playing with my hair. “So, tell me a bit more about yourself,” I suggested. He thought for a bit, and then he grinned at me.
 
“Well I’m the youngest child, I have an older brother called Boohyun.” He replied. I nodded. “You?”
“I’m the third oldest child. I have an older sister, and a younger sister and brother.” I answered.
“Mine and Dongwoo’s older sister is called Hye Jee, our younger sister is called Eun Jee and our
younger brother is called Shin Woo.” I continued. “I was adopted into the family,”
“Jinjja?” he asked. I nodded. “Do you like your step-siblings?” he questioned. I smiled.
“You know how siblings can be, they’re annoying a lot. I’m closest to Dongie but I love my younger brother too.
As for my sisters, well, they’re not so nice. Hye Jee is a flirt and bosses me around, whereas Eun Jee tries to get
everyone to baby her all the time and it always works.”
“I get on with my brother but I haven’t been able to visit my family in ages cause we’ve been busy,”
“Where were you born? Do they still live there or have they moved away?” I asked him.
“I was born in Chungcheong, they still live there. What blood type are you?” he threw back at me.
“I’m blood type A, and you’re B.” I stated, sticking out my tongue. He laughed.
“So you’ve done your research on me,” he winked. “I love to cook and eat, I hope you do too!”
I laughed and nodded. “I can cook and I enjoy eating,” I confirmed. I lay down beside him.
“Are we going to eat this lovely food or not?” I asked impatiently, my stomach rumbling.
 
He laughed and sat up to open the basket. Inside were lots of different foods.
He opened a container of tuna sushi and picked up a piece with his chopsticks, holding it out to me.
I chuckled at his action and leant forward to eat the piece of sushi from the chopsticks.
“Is it nice? I cooked it myself!” he boasted. I nodded, swallowing the delicious food.
“You even have my favourite!” I squealed in delight as I found a wrapped bowl of bulgogi.
“I asked Dongwoo what you liked to eat, I cooked it while you changed.” He admitted, blushing.
“Aww you can be a sweetheart sometimes,” I teased, pinching his cheeks. He started tickling me.
Woohyun-ah,” I breathed in between my laughter. “S-stop!” I begged, laughing.
“You’re no fun,” he pouted. I rolled my eyes and pretended to be mad at him for what he said.
“If I’m no fun then why did you bring me out today?” I raised an eyebrow at him.
He gasped. “Yoonji,” he spoke carefully. “You know I was messing with you, right?” he hoped.
I stuck my tongue out, making him sigh in relief that I wasn’t mad. “Now you have to make up for it,”
He stood up, taking my hand and pulling me up. He took the empty picnic basket with us.
“Let’s go eat ice cream,” he suggested. I cheered and let go of his hand to jump on his back.
“Are you hyper or something?” he laughed, setting me down and telling me to sit down on a bench.
I did as he said and waited for him to get our ice creams. He came back holding two strawberry cones.
“Another thing I asked Dongwoo about,” he chuckled and started his ice cream.
I watched him as he devoured his ice cream in no time. I thought he looked adorable while doing so.
He turned to face me. “Yoonji, your ice cream is melting!” he told me. Indeed it was.
 
I quickly started eating the now melted ice cream from my cone. Some was smeared on my nose.
As much as I tried it off, I couldn’t reach. “Oppa, do you have a napkin?” I asked him kindly. He nodded and took a napkin from his pocket.
I reached for it but he swatted my hand away. He gulped and took my chin in one hand while wiping off the ice cream with the napkin.
I could hear his breathing quicken and I saw his gaze drop to my lips. I smirked and pulled away.
He scratched his neck and muttered to himself. Luckily for him I didn’t hear what he had said.
“Let’s go watch a movie!” I broke the silence and pulled on his hand, leading him to the cinema.
“Let’s watch that one!” He pointed to a romance comedy. I rolled my eyes but agreed anyway.
“Woohyun likes romance movies?” I asked. “Or does Woohyun just want to be all romantic now?”
“Does Yoonji always talk about other people she’s with in third person?” he asked back.
“Does Woohyun always try to tease me?” I shot back at him. He thought for a while.
We took a seat in the cinema. “You tease me too, like with the ice cream,” he mumbled.
“No,” I denied. “That wasn’t teasing. That was just all in your head, mister.” I smirked.
“Ssh, it’s starting,” he changed the subject. I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze to watch the screen.
“I want to hold you like that, make you smile just like he makes her smile,” he whispered in my ear.
Ismacked his arm and ignored his comment. “I want to be able to call you mine,” he added.
I rolled my eyes and carried on ignoring his greasy comments.  “I want to be able to kiss you,” I felt my cheeks heat up at his last comment.
He slipped and arm around my waist and smirked. 
“Jerk,” I muttered under my breath. I turned to face him, laughing quietly so he knew I was joking.
“Cutie,” he teased back. I smiled at him and nudged his side gently. He squeezed my waist.