A Date With L... And A Kiss?!!

Give Up Your Heart - (HIATUS)
(Author’s Note)
If you think this love triangle is dramatic enough, wait until the love square forms. Only a few chapters away! ;)
*Wipes forehead* So much drama coming up! (Also I wasn’t sure where Infinite’s dorm is so I’m just going to say Seoul because it’s the capital :P)

Me and Woohyun walked back from the cinema, laughing at his comments throughout the movie.
We were walking up to the door when I spotted L standing outside. When I got closer I saw his lips moving.
He was talking to someone on the phone. He didn’t even notice us standing there.
“Yeah, I love you too, arasso,” he laughed. His warm was smooth and was like heaven to my ears.
His words stung, it felt like I was being repeatedly stabbed in the chest. I sighed and looked down.
I kicked at a leaf on the floor. L grinned before opened the door and stepping inside. My heart sank.
Woohyun was walking ahead of me already. I started walking without looking where I was going.
Before I could scream, I was on the floor and my leg was in agony. I looked behind me and sat up.
A flowerpot had tipped over and smashed. I winced at the pain I felt. I saw warm blood trickling out.
Woohyun ran over and examined my leg. He muttered curses before wrapping my arm around his neck,
sliding one arm under my shoulders and the other under my legs. I flushed at the contact.
As soon as Woohyun stepped in, the others came to greet us happily. Their faces fell at the sight.
“Yoonji!” Dongwoo cried out, a worried expression on his face. “Gwaenchanhayo?” I nodded.
“Relax, I’m taking her to the bathroom to treat her leg, she’s fine, she just tripped,” he explained.
They didn’t seem to feel any more relaxed. I looked up at Woohyun and saw him glare at someone.
I followed his gaze to L. Of course. I’d been distracted by his words. It wasn’t his fault though.
He sat me down on the toilet seat and reached for the first aid kit. “It’s not his fault,” I mumbled.
He knelt in front of me with antiseptic cream in his hands. “I’m just hurt that you’re hurt,”
“Even though you want me to yourself?” I questioned. He didn’t reply, he just rubbed the cream in.
I winced at the pain. “Luckily there wasn’t a lot of blood. Ah well, red suits you best!” he joked.
I chuckled. “Pabo.” He smiled back at me. Something about his smile reminded me of L’s smile.
 
“Can you walk?” He asked me carefully. I tried to stand up and stumbled a little. He held on to me.
“Want me to kiss it better?” he teased. I hit his chest, rolling my eyes. Usually I would have laughed.
He sighed and sat me down on the sofa. He cupped my face in his hands. “Please smile Yoonji,”
I looked away. “You look most beautiful when you smile,” he spoke softly. A tear escaped my eye.
I cried into his shoulder while he wrapped his arms around me tightly. “Can we just forget it?”
He nodded and gave me a reassuring smile. “Let’s watch tv with the others.” He suggested.
“But L…” I protested. He looked over at me and put a finger to my lips, stopping me from speaking.
“You’ll have to face him at some point, Yoonji. Do it for me, please?” he begged. I gave in.
“Guys! Let’s watch tv before we go to bed!” he called. They scrambled in and jumped on the sofa.
Sungjong attacked me in a bear hug. Tears fell onto my cardigan. “I was so worried, Yoo!”
“Yah! You’re such a drama queen!” I joked half-heartedly. I felt myself smile a little. He laughed.
I held on to my Jongie’s arm, cuddling into his side while we watched tv. He patted my head.
Soon, I drifted off to sleep, forgetting about the pain in my leg and the pain in my chest.
 
Woohyun’s point of view:
 
“Umm hyung, I’m going to bed now, can you help me?” Sungjongie asked, chuckling at the sleeping Yoonji clinging to his arm.
I chuckled and released her grip. “Gomawo,” he slipped into his room.
The other members were already making their way into their rooms. I stared at her sleeping face.
She was so adorable, she looked like a little kitten. I moved the hair from her face, smiling.
If only this girl was mine. If only L didn’t have her heart. Then again, who doesn’t love L?
He’s the handsome, kind-hearted visual of the group. I’m just the dorky, greasy one who annoys everyone with my aegyo and greasy comments.
She’d never go for a guy like me. I picked her up like before and carried her to the guest bedroom.
I lay her down on the bed and tucked the bed sheets over her body. My face hovered close to hers. I wanted to kiss her so badly.
I knew how that would end for me, though. I sighed and settled for kissing her forehead gently.
“Sweet dreams Yoonji,” I spoke to her softly. “Saranghae.” I whispered the last part of my speech.
I turned off the lights to her room and softly crept into mine and Gyu’s room.
I had partly forgiven him for kissing her. I understood that it was a mistake. Her heart belonged to someone else, anyway.
I opened the door to our room and lay on my bed, drifting softly to sleep.
 
Yoonji’s point of view:
 
I couldn’t sleep; Woohyun’s words replayed over and over in my mind. “I love you,” was all I could hear.
I had pretended to not hear him. The feeling of my heart fluttering at his words scared me.
I couldn’t be falling for him, could I? I like L, not him. So why do I feel like this?
“Nado saranghae,” what confused me most was, I had just whispered that I loved him too.
What was going on with my head right now? How was I supposed to forget L when our ‘date’ was tomorrow?
I sighed and tried desperately to fall asleep. Within 5 minutes I had drifted off to sleep.
 
I was woken by someone shaking me awake. I woke up to see Hoya smiling back at me.
“Hey,” I greeted him, half-asleep. He pulled back the covers for me and I sat up in my bed.
“You have your date with L today,” he reminded me. I yawned, obviously not quite awake yet.
“When he told us your plan, we had a fight over who would go tomorrow,” he chuckled.
“And what’s the plan, stan?” I asked. He pulled off the bed sheets and pulled me up out of it.
“Sungjong’s tomorrow, then me, then Yeollie, and then Sunggyu hyung.” He informed me.
“Was it rock, paper, scissors again oppa?” I laughed. He nodded, laughing along with me.
“Arasso, arasso, let me change already!” I shooed him out of the room and looked in my wardrobe.
I picked out a peach lace skater dress and white bow flats. I quickly took a shower and changed.
I smoothed out the skirt and went through my jewellery, finding rose hair clips and a rose bangle.
I put in the hair clips and slipped on the bangle carefully and picked out a simple necklace which had a single clear gem hanging from the chain.
I loved the way the early morning light hit the gem. I skipped out into the living hallway and looked for L in the living room.
I tapped his shoulder and he turned right around, catching the attention of the other members. “Yoonji, you look pretty!”
I blushed. “Gomawo oppa,” he linked his arm with mine and I chuckled in response to his actions.
Woohyun smiled half-heartedly at me. “Have fun kids!” he called as we stepped outside the door.
I could tell he was still unsettled from yesterday’s events. “So who was that on the phone yesterday?” I asked him casually.
“Mum? Sister? Girlfriend?” I guessed. He looked at me, chuckling.
“I’m single.” He told me. Okay, now I felt like an idiot for getting all upset. “It was my sister,”
 
I changed the subject before he noticed the blush in my cheeks. “Is this where we’re going?” I asked.
He took a look at the neat white bricked building towering in front of us. He nodded.
He took my hand and walked ahead. “Come on!” he called, tugging me along. I began to walk with him holding my hand.
I saw that it was an art museum. I smiled. I knew he loved to take photos.
I stared at the displays on the wall. I was mesmerised by some of the artwork in the room.
“Wow… it’s so pretty,” I commented on a photograph of a girl on a swing in front of a sunset which glowed.
I heard a chuckle behind me and that’s when I realised how close L was. He was almost pressed up against me.
The thought made my cheeks flush as I could feel his warm breath in my hair.
“Indeed it is. Come on, we can’t stay looking at this one all day,” he joked. I rolled my eyes.
“Okay then, let’s go look at some of the other pieces L-ssi,” I by speaking formally.
He chuckled and pulled me off into the other room where there were lots of photographs.
“You really love taking photographs, don’t you?” I asked while admiring one of the photos we were by.
I heard a click and I turned around to see L holding a camera. I titled my head, confused.
He took a look at something and then grinned. “You look so cute in this photo,” he claimed.
“Yah! You took a photo of me?!” I asked, slightly embarrassed. I hated people taking photos of me.
He messed up my hair. “Wait until Dongwoo sees this,” he teased. I pouted at him and he poked my forehead. “Pabo,” he grinned.
I stuck my tongue out and laughed. He raised an eyebrow at me.
“So this is why you and Sungyeol get on so well,” he chuckled. “You’re both like little kids!” I smiled.
 
We spent 2 hours in the art museum, just talking about what we saw and what we thought of it.
It seemed we were both art freaks, which was good because it would’ve been awkward if I hated it.
“Let’s go to the zoo!” I suggested. He smiled warmly at me, before nodding. It wasn’t too far away, so we could walk there without being exhausted.
When we arrived, L paid for us to get in.
“Oh look! There are some monkeys! They look like you Yoonji!” he joked. I rolled my eyes at him.
“Oh look, those meerkats look like you!” I teased back. He laughed and I asked him to pose next to them.
He closed his eyes and smiled and I swore he actually looked like a meerkat then.
I giggled and took the photo with L’s camera. “Hey, you look like one of them!” I joked. He laughed.
We decided to get a little snack, so we sat down near the exotic birds to eat at the restaurant.
We made conversation as we ate our packet of chocolate homerun balls and a bowl of matdongsan.
“So what is it like back home in Incheon?” he asked.
Me and Dongwoo were born in Gyeonggi, but after my graduation I moved to Incheon and stayed there with 3 other girls around my age.
“It’s really beautiful. My roommates are really fun and sometimes after work we’d go out to have free time.
We’re very close to each other. They’re my rocks.” I explained, smiling at the memories.
“Do you miss them?” he asked. I nodded. “You 4 should move here so we can see you girls more often,” he suggested, adding a wink at the end.
I thought about it. It seemed okay. However, it was the girls I thought of. They’d lived there all their life, they loved it there. So did I.
“Maybe. I’ll think about it,” I told him, smiling and eating the rest of our snacks.
“Come on, let’s go see the reptiles!” he suggested, grinning at me. I raised an eyebrow.
“I love snakes! Let’s go!” I replied. He laughed at my eagerness as I pulled him into the reptile house.
 
“So pretty!” I cooed, looking at a yellow and white snake. “It looks like lemon juice and cream,”
L chuckled next to me. He was looking at an emerald green snake that was hugging a branch tightly.
“I wonder what it’s like to be a snake…” I whispered. “Slithering on the forest floor, trying to look for a little mouse to eat.
Having to open your mouth wide.” I described, daydreaming.
L clicked his fingers in front of my face. “Let’s go see the baby crocodiles,” he suggested.
I nodded and we checked out the baby crocodiles. When I say the word ‘baby’, you imagine a cute little creature, all innocent and cuddly.
Let me tell you baby crocodiles aren’t little. Or innocent. Or cuddly. But they are cute. “They’re lazy… just like Dongie,” I laughed at the thought.
“Crocowoo,” L mumbled. I tried to hold my laughter in. I imagined my step-brother as a crocodile.
“Shall we move on to the penguins and sea lions?” L asked, turning to look at me. I nodded.
He gently took my hand and we exited the reptile house. After a few minutes of trying to read the map, we found where the sea lions were.
“Look! There are some eggs in the penguin enclosure!” He stopped looking at the sea lions swimming and took a look at the penguins I was looking at.
He smiled and took out his camera, capturing a photo of two newborns being fed by their parents.
I started to wonder if Woohyun liked penguins too. What was his favourite animal?
A smile crept on my face and I didn’t even realise until I heard another click, signalling that L had taken a photo.
He showed me the photo of me deep in thought. “What were you thinking about just then?”
I blushed, not wanting him to know that I’d been thinking of someone else. It made me feel guilty.
How does it make sense? When I was with Woohyun I thought of L and now I was with L I thought of Woohyun.
“Nothing. Just how cute the penguins were.” I lied quickly. He seemed to believe me.
 
As we exited the zoo gates, my mind once again wandered to Woohyun. What was he doing?
Was he okay? How did he feel about me and L going on a date today?
I bet he was hardly dancing. “I had fun today, Yoonji,” he told me, smiling at me. 
The way the sun hit his face and hair made him look so handsome I forgot about Woohyun for a moment.
I took his camera and took a photo. He chuckled. “You and Sungjong are both very photogenic, that’s why I want to take so many pictures of you both.
I should take ones of you two together,” he suggested. I nodded eagerly.
As I remembered that it was Sungjong’s turn tomorrow, I grew excited. I knew it’d be a fun day.
L opened the door, letting me in first. “Gomawo,” I thanked him and he smiled down at me.
As I stepped in, I sensed a slightly tense atmosphere. I raised an eyebrow as L sat down.
“What’s going on?” I asked. They all looked between each other and then back at me.
Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Sungjong, were sitting with their backs leant against the wall.
They shifted their gaze to the door of Sunggyu’s and Woohyun’s room. I looked back at them.
I chewed my lip, before walking forward and turning the door knob. I opened the door a little.
I saw Woohyun sat on his bed, shoulders slumped down, back arched as he leant his forehead against his fist.
His other hand was constantly clenching and unclenching as his arm was resting on his knee. I moved closer after shutting the door.
I sat next to him and watched his face. He looked peaceful yet distressed. “Oppa?” I spoke gently.
His hand stopped movement as he uncovered his face and looked at me with sad eyes. I felt right then, as if my heart was going to stop.
 
He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into him. I blushed and pulled away, hitting his chest lightly.
“What are you doing Woohyun?!” I exclaimed, but not loud enough for the rest to hear.
“Ssh.” He shushed me. “Just let me hold you,” He mumbled, his voice almost breaking.
This was not the Woohyun I knew. In the place of a greasy, flirty man was a broken one.
His brown eyes watered and he looked as innocent as a little child.
I forgot instantly about all that he’d done to annoy me and lifted a hand to caress his cheek, feeling his soft skin against my palm.
His hand rubbed the small of my back as I could hear him sob while he held me. “He’s won.” He stated.
I looked up at his face again. He was looking away, at anything but my face.
“Mwo?” I asked, confused as to what he meant by those words. I tried to figure them out.
“L. He’s won your heart, hasn’t he?” He asked, waiting for me to confirm it. Instead, it sounded as if it had already been confirmed.
"Gwaenchanha. I tried, I did all I could. In the end it wasn’t enough to make you love me.” He sobbed.
“If he makes you happy, Yoonji…” he paused. “Then I will let you two be together. I will let you go, and you can forget about me.
It will be hard for me, but you won’t regret me doing it. Neither will I if it makes you happier, Yoonji.”
He broke into sobs again. “Goodbye Yoonji.” His voice cracked from his tears. “Goodbye.”
 
Anger and upset flooded my mind. I hit his chest a little harder this time, though it was not enough to hurt him.
“Don’t you ever say that word.” I growled. He was taken aback by my change in behaviour. My face softened as tears threatened his eyes.
He looked so vulnerable right now. His head dropped. “Just let me go Yoonji,” he whispered to me weakly, pleading me to let him go.
A tear slid down my cheek. “What if I don’t want to? What if I can’t forget? What if I won’t? What if I can’t let you go?
I know it’s selfish of me but I don’t care at all.” I admitted to him.
He held onto my hand. “Don’t say that, I know you can.” His voice was as dry as sandpaper.
He looked so weak and broken. “You can be rid of me now. You can marry L someday and have a family if you want. I won’t stop you anymore.”
He was about to leave when I stopped him by cupping his cheeks in his hands and pressing my lips to his. I held onto him tightly.
He hesitated before kissing me back softly. “He hasn’t won yet,” I breathed against his lips.
I fell against his chest, feeling a little light headed after our kiss. He sighed and held me close.
 

I nearly cried whilst writing this. I’m not sure if they were happy tears cause they kissed or sad ones cause he was all emotional. Maybe both.
Can I just steal a moment of your time to spam you with gifs?
=^.^=