The Down and Up's of the Choi Family

윤아, 태민 (Yoona, Taemin)

4 Years Earlier...

"Bomie, it's okay." Seunghyun said chasing after his wife. They were in the parking lot of the doctor's office that the two went to and had just been hit with some dreadful news. Bom didn't respond to her husband nor did she face him, she just kept walking at her fast pace with her black boots making click-cloping noises against the pavement.

"Bomie!" Seunghyun said sternly hardening his gaze to the back of her dark brown strands. 

"I don't want to talk about it." She said wiping her tears with the sleave of her black turtleneck. It wasn't quite winter yet in Korea, it was late fall and the air was begenning to thin and become more icy but it didn't call for heavy winter jackets and snow boots.

Seunghyun wanted to grab his wife by the waist, look into her dolly cat-eyes, hold her close, and tell her everything was going to be fine. But something prevented him from doing the action, something was telling him that now was not the time. So he faught the urge even though he wanted to with his every being.

The Choi's had been wanting a baby for a year now and had been trying a lot. Seunghyun and Bom were quite patient about it, trying, taking test, trying taking test. With every failed test a sharp blade went into their hearts, and it especially hit Bom's the most. They tried more with hopes reaching up to the sky, and failed sending them lower than the bows of hell. This vicious cylce of up and down ended of this cold day of November 15, 2009. 

On that day, they decided to go to a doctor to see what was up, and after running a bunch of unique and uncomfortable test on both Seunghyun and Bom they were told the fowl news even though the doctor herself had tried to comfort them.

"It's okay," she said looking at Bom with sweet eyes and then at Seunghyun, then back at Bom's teary eyes. "Many women have it, it's okay."

Bom sniffled heavily before saying with a broken voice: "So there's no chance? There's nothing I or you can do?" 

"I'm sorry, but there is no chance." And at that point Bom -out until she reached the doors leading out where she walked at a quick pace from her husbands arms.

***

It was the second week since the news of "no chance" and Seunghyun had seen his wife starting to shut down. The doctor said that she may be depressed for a while, but he was missing his usual fun, loving, and happy wife. This wife was full of melancholy, dead, and drunk off of soju and wine while listening to sad songs.  Seunghyun knew this was hard on her, because it was hard on him, but there must be something to cheer her up.

Clueless, he sat next to her at the dinning room table as she gulped down some more red wine.

"Bom, is there anything I can do to make you happy?" He asked hugging her.

"A baby." She responded her voice barely a whisper. 

Seunghyun siged. "I know you wanted a baby. I did too. But things well get better. Trust me." He kissed her temple and rubbed her shoulder.

"I just hope what happened two weeks ago was a joke, and that I'll wake up from this nightmare soon." She said indifferently.  

Seunghyun tried to get from the seat but he winded up falling backwards in the chair. "Aigoo," he groaned in pain trying to sit up.

Bom stood up in a hurry and helped her husband from the floor. "Bingu T.O.P" she snorted while giggling at the same time.

"BANANAAAA!" He yelled while staring at her whiched earned a heavy  laugh from Bom at the silly memory and his original wife was there for a second.

***

"Yoboseyo Doctor Son, it's Choi Seunghyun," Seunghyun said through the long, slim black phone of the living room, it had been four weeks since the bad news.

"Yoboseyo Mr. Choi. How is Ms. Choi?" Her voice piped in through the phone. 

"She's doing a little bit better, but still her depression is still bad."

"Mianeh Mr. Choi." Her voice saddned.

"It's not your fault. I was wondering if there were any alternatives that we could take place in for having a baby?"

"Umm...NEH in fact there is for you, there is adoption." Her voice lifted several octives.

"Adoption? As in someone else gives us their baby?" Seunghyun raised an eyebrow at the idea.

"Yes, in fact it would be perfect. Although it's not really that popular."

"I can see why, I mean it must be hard for a mother to give up her child right?"

"Well in some cases the mother can't take care of the child and so she gives it to people who can. But like I said it may be hard finding someone because it's not that popular so it may take years to find a person. Plus you have to look at other stuff too, like is the person serious about giving you the baby. In a lot of cases people have second thoughts about giving their baby up or can even fake you out. So it can take a while to find that right person, so you and Bom both have to be willing to search."

"Oh I know Bom will be up and so am I." Seunghyn said in reassurance. 

"Okay, then I'll mail you some information on the whole process and you can research a long with Ms. Choi. I'd be more than happy to assist you on this journey." Seunghyun could hear the smile in her voice.

"Kamsamnida Doctor Son." Seunghyun said.

"No problem Mr. Choi." And with that the phone call ended.

Today...

Bom sat down at her laptop just surfing the web trying to forget the bad news. Not the bad news from four years ago, the bad news from four minutes ago. A person who claimed that they were going to let them adopt their baby had second feelings. Bom wasn't exaclty upset with them for wanting to keep their baby, was angry at them for not making a solid decision. But seeing as Bom has been through this before, the feeling was almost neutral.

Seunghyun was in the shower letting off steam, he had been through this with Bom and he was beggening to get pissed more and more by the minute. 

Do these people think this is a joke? He thought as he scrubbed shampoo into his black hair. He gaped his mouth open for fresh air before scrubbing the shampoo again only more gentle this time.

After checking her personal email, Bom just decided to check the email that her and her husband shared. It normaly didn't have much beside buisness stuff that envolved family, friends inviting them to something, and coupons at times for random things that at times were a bit awkward.

As Bom did the usual deleting of usleless junk she stopped when she came across an actual email from two unreconizable people:

[email protected] and [email protected].

Bom raised an eyebrow at the usernames before clicking on the email and reading it.

"Seunghyun-ah! I think our ad worked!" She yelled making Seunghyun stop in the middle of his shower.

___________________________________________________________________________________________                                                 

Hey guys!

So yup there's some back-story on T.O.P and Park Bom's fight with having babies, pretty sad but Yoona and Taemin are to the resuce XD

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

~Parkie

p.s. Turns out my REAL Korean name is Yoonhwa, how pretty!