Segmented Past

He's Back

 

幽玄 Segmented Past  

 

 Months later  
 

bold is for the flashback/story about Tao's family and etc

Luhan felt nauseated, he stood paralyzed as he watched his little brother walked down the hall with the baby-faced boy. His mind swirled with thoughts, 'I could had prevented all the unbearable harm that happened to Tao. But I didn't and now he hates me.' 

Sehun frowned, the older boy didn't he notice he was tearing up; he was too lost in his thoughts. 

"I want to fix things so badly," Luhan said as his voice cracked, "but I need your help too, Sehun." 

Sehun nodded, frowning, "We'll fix this hyung, we should had done this a long time ago. But I feel like we can redeem ourselves." Luhan nodded, letting out a small sob. Sehun went to embrace his hyung in a comforting hug, "It's okay to cry, hyung." 


Tao looked around the music room, remembering the fond memories of his freshmen year. This place made him feel the safest. Surprisingly, Mr. Bae wasn't in the room. technically, both him and Zelo would get in trouble if they got caught. There's no supervision, but hey, what's there to lose? Plus the door was left open. 

"I-I'm sorry for intruding but was that boy with doe-like eyes your brother?" Zelo asked as he felt a surge of anxiety. What if Tao gets mad? 

Tao let out a sigh but he then slowly nodded as he glimpsed at Zelo; "We are, but our family is broken. It's so broken, it's useless to put any effort."

Zelo frowned, "I'm sorry for asking." 

"It's fine, really. If anything, I feel like I need to vent. Seeing Luhan, my brother, I feel all my anxiety come back. The pain." Tao said, sighing loudly. It felt like the world was on his chest. 

Zelo smiled heartening, "If you need to, you can tell me." 

Tao smiled back, "Okay, I will. It might seem long, is that okay with you?" 

"Nah, it's fine. Go ahead, start venting." 


Things weren't always thing bad. Tao remembered when his family would eat together at the dinner table and peacefully converse with each other. His older brother Kris wasn't such an either and Luhan wasn't as petrified to be blunt or speak up on what was on his mind. 

He remembered how things were a few months ago. When he kept to himself and ate with a few friends at lunch. His days were restful and sometimes, If he was lucky, Luhan would stop by during lunch for a short conversation. 

But his content lifestyle ended the day Luhan's friends decided to tag along and meet Tao. Things were okay, some of them were loud and obnoxious. But Tao started to notice the jokes they make. He'd laugh, thinking they were laughing with him. But they weren't and jokes were about him. 

They'd joke about his weight, his sense of fashion, his appearance. What upset him was that Kris, who had always kept him company at home, didn't even stand up for him. No, he was laughing at him. 

He'd remember how Luhan would always give him despondent glimpses. Luhan would mouthed, 'I'm sorry'. But was he really? 

A month later, he lost everything. His friends long left him, the school soon began to mock him, and the judgmental stares were frightening. One of the two people he trusted had denounce him.

Kris had told Chanyeol about his secret. Knowing how much the boy was a loud mouth, he told Kai. 

Kai told everyone. 

Two months later, his whole family fell apart. Soon enough, his mother found out what was happening at school. She cried, her son didn't feel safe and she had felt that she had let her son down. Tao felt horrible, he didn't want his mother to be upset. 

His mother had found out about what Kris did and how Luhan was even defending Tao. That was the beginning of the family feuds. His mother and Luhan's and Kris's father would always fight. Work was stressful for Mr. Wu; he had begun drinking to relief stress.

One night, his mother and his stepfather were fighting again. It started off about Kris's behaviour, then changed to how the bills aren't getting paid, and then how his stepfather was always gone. 

That night, his stepfather had hit his mother. They left without taking their stuff. 

He remembered as he walked out, he heard Kris's sneered, ", finally they're leaving! I thought Tao was going to touch me in my sleep." He also remembered how he saw Luhan crying, but he didn't saying anything. 

The week later, Tao's mother when to go collect their belongings. She decided to leave Tao at their hotel. She felt that her son wasn't safe anymore. 

Two weeks later, him and his mother find a small apartment in a shady area. But they need a home fast, so Tao didn't want to complain. He knew his mother was under stress, she had already began to file for a divorce. 

In almost seven months, all this chaos had happened. But after his breakdown, he'd find peace when he moves back to his native country, China. 


Kris has choked on his food with wide eyes. Gaining composure, he shouted, "What?!" 

Chanyeol nodded with a smirk, "He's back, I'm dead serious. I haven't seen him yet but Baekhyun has." 

Kris felt confounded, "Has Kai seen him yet?" 

{ Author's Note }  I am so sorry for the three month hiatus! But I am back and we'll continue this! Sorry for any grammar errors, this is hasn't been beta yet. Upvoting and comments are appreciated! - Kirra