Enigmatic P.1: Pawns

He's Back

 

幽玄 Enigmatic: Pawns

 

 You can have my isolation  
 

 

Zelo had to run to the local drug store to buy some foundation (which wasn't cheap like he hope it would be but he needed a cover up). He'd used the foundation to cover any small marks left by Tao. No one didn't need to know what had happen. It wasn't their buisness to know. 

  His brother had helped had him get some sleep during the night. It didn't hurt as much as before, he just felt numb instead. But he still regret it. Zelo might look naive or a baby, but the boy still had standards. He couldn't believe the mistake he made the previous night. He wasn't suppose to sleep with Tao the previous night. They barely knew each other, it was also defiantly too early to be in love with each other as well.  So for Zelo to step so low and break his own rules effected him. He felt like he lost self respect that would take awhile to regain. 

But at least he could hide it.

Hide the mistake he made. 


Tao yawned, stretching his tired limbs. It was morning, it made him feel excited. His plan would carry on from here. Everyone was a pawn in his game. Simply just to be used, well according to the plan at least. 

He thought about what happened with Junnie the night before. He didn't believe at love at first sight, that was total bull. But he did believe in lust at first sight.  No one could convince him otherwise about this idea. People everywhere will see a attractive person and will suddenly become interested. But they won't be in love. He knows from experience of hearing Sulli and Krystal talk about seeing someone like Taemin at the mall and talking about how damn attractive he is. But do they love him? No, it's just pure lust. 

Him and Zelo? That's no exception, the atmosphere reeked of lust that night. But it didn't mean Tao didn't care for the younger. He did, but he wasn't in love. Of course he flirted, but that was only apart of the plan. Tao just hoped it would stay like this - his feelings out of it. He didn't need to hurt himself, just , no feelings. It would go with everyone else, it couldn't fall in love during the revenge. He wouldn't allow himself; it would ruin everything. 

But enough thinking, he need to get ready. He also need to assemble this plan of his.


Kris was surprised, just how much did Tao truly change? It was intriguing. Eating breakfast with his older brother, he noticed how miserable Luhan was. He missed Tao, he knew it. He'd hear him cry for him to come back, especially when he first left. It's not as bad anymore, it's just small whimpers now. But he'd always would see that desolate aura around Luhan. 

But he would budge, it wasn't his problem. He had to worry for himself, he had to be careful. But at the end of the day, when Kris lays down in his bed, he truly regrets what he did. He hates himself so much. He hated himself for hurting the ones he loved; just like his father. 

He also knew Luhan didn't want to acknowledge him as his brother. He looked at Sehun for a brother now, the brat wasn't even related to him. Wasn't blood suppose to be thicker than water? But then again, what say does he have in this. The older doesn't want him, that's fine. He was only looking out for himself, prevent himself from doing the forbidden. He couldn't be considerate of other's feelings. 


Luhan ate in silence, he'd send Kris glances a few times. He could tell the other was in deep thought. Luhan himself was in deep thought. It appears after school, the word got out about Tao's brave words towards Kris, Kai, and Chanyeol. Everyone might had not recongnized Tao as that naive boy that used to be bullied. But they all knew what happened if you go against Chanyeol, Kris, and Kai. What they said was the rules, no one could break that. But what shocked others was how no one threw a punch, if it had been anyone else, Luhan would be surprised if they didn't ended up in the hospital. If you survivied the troubled trio, you wouldn't survive their fan girls. Those ers were delusional. 

Luhan could only imagine the rest of the member's reactions. Someone like Tao standing up to the almighty troubled trio would be a shock. But nothingness, it would be intriguing. 


Tao arrived at school, wanting to already find his new "favorite" person. Of course it was his Junnie! He walked down the first few corridors before seeing the purpleish-grayish haired boy. Bingo, there's Junnie. But wait, that's not it! It appears Junnie was standing next to a senior (about Kris's age) who look similar to the baby-faced boy but obviously older. Was this Junnie's older brother? How exciting. 

"Junnie~!" Tao chirpped happily, walking near the boy. The younger turned around, a flash of mixed emotions ran through his eyes before masking it again. "Hello, Tao." 

Himchan raised an eyebrow, who exactly is Tao and why is he wrapping his arm around his baby brother? Before Himchan could bark something at Tao, Zelo had cut him off. "Big brother, this is Tao. He's a foreign student, he's from China. He used to attend here in freshmen year, right Tao?" Tao winced slightly at the mention of his freshmen years. Himchan nodded, with slightly widden eyes. Did Zelo mean the naive boy that was bullied out of the school or was this a huge coincidence? Oh, Himchan really wished it was the latter. 

"Oh, I've heard of you. Huang Zitao, correct?" Himchan inquired. Tao smiled, "Correct" he responded. 

What was Huang Zitao doing back here? It was engimatic. 


Sehun knew it. He knew the moment he laid his eyes on that baby-faced boy named Zelo, something was terribly wrong. It was only going to accelate from there. He could only imagine how things would be here from now on. 

It drove him crazy. Everything about Tao was engimatic.

He could barely keep up with Tao and make predictions. Should he be catious and should he look out for the younger named Zelo? 

'But I don't know what to do, I don't know anything. I don't even know how to protect myself from Tao. How can I protect that boy...?' Sehun asked himself, staring at the younger until Zelo looked back. Both flushed in embarrassment and looked away. 


As he walked down the small aisle of desks, he noticed Kai's and Sehun's presence. He smirked in acknowledgement, heading to the back where he was seated at. Sitting down, he pulled out a crumpled picture. It showed his soon to be victims.

His pawns. 

 

{ Author's Note } It's safe to say most chapters won't be beta (lazy here). I get tired of looking and revising stuff. But anyway, what will Sehun do?  Upvoting and comments are appreciated! - Kirra