Enigmatic P.2: Sides

He's Back

 

幽玄 Enigmatic: Sides

 

 Who's side?  
 

 

Sehun felt tense. He could feel Tao's eyes boring into the back of his skull. He wasn't sure if Kai noticed or not, but that was the least of his worries. What was he going to do? Sehun always had tried avoiding fights in the past, beliving it was too much effort or a waste of his precious time. But this time, he's going into war. He needs to protect himself from whatever vicious plans Tao has laid out for all of them. Is he angry at Tao for going out for revenge? No, not at all, Tao deserves revenge; but that doesn't change the fact Sehun is afraid. 

He should be paying attention to the lesson, but he's stressed. He can only hope the teacher doesn't notice. He feels as if he needs to protect the young boy named Zelo. 'Screw the others, I have to save him. He's innocent', Sehun thought to himself. But how was he going to do this? He was sure of his decision but now he need a plan. He need a plan before it was too late. 

"Mr. Oh, can you tell me the answer for this question?"  Mrs. Bae asked purposely, knowing Sehun had zoned out. 

',' Sehun notion, feeling annoyed as he heard Tao's laugh.

Of ing course Tao noticed he wasn't paying attention. 


Luhan felt exasperated. Why did he have to have classes with the two biggest closed-minded bigots? For the past hour, Kris and Chanyeol were constantly disrupting Luhan. They kept asking him about Tao. 

"Have you seen him, Lulu?" 

"What did he tell you?" 

Luhan honestly wanted to punch them in the throat. Why couldn't they just apolgozie? Not that their apology would be enough but still. Don't they realize they've done enough damage? But then again, they're not the brightest crayons in the box. Luhan knew how they thought. No tactics, no master plan, they just use strength to win their fights. But Luhan knew that wasn't going to work anymore. One day, someone is going to kick their asses. Not just with equivalent strength but with stradgies as well. That person might already be here. 

"Luhan, damn it! Just spill." Chanyeol nagged as he pulled a seat next to Kris; who had unfortunately been sitting in front of Luhan's desk. 

Luhan felt himself strain, pressing too much pressuring down his pencil, breaking the lead.

Broken? 

"God damn it, leave me alone you s!" Luhan hissed.

They made him break his damn pencil. 

But it didn't anger them, it simply just amused them. That was another flaw about them. They thought everyone was below them and that anyone who dares to go against them are easy to break; to show thoses who went against them their place.

Luhan had enough with the bull. 


The bell for the nutrition break had rang, students scattering to leave like a herd of ants. Sehun waited for them to leave so he can exit in peace. But then he noticed something, every student was gone except for him and Tao. Registering that thought made him shiver slightly. 

He heard the chair being pushed in, then he heard footsteps coming towards him. Sehun began to feel himself panic, 'I haven't planned for this yet! , !' 

"Sehun." Tao spoke, peering down at him.

'Life must hate me,' Sehun thought before looking up to Tao. He needed to keep his composure, if not for himself, at least he should try for Zelo. Someone needed to be strong for the younger. 

"Yes, Tao? How may I help you?" Sehun answered with a deadpanned face. Sehun is starting to really wished he had taken drama class seriously. 

"You look so tensed today, are you okay?" Tao inquired, it almost seemed he was mocking Sehun. 

"I'm fine, thank you for your concern." Sehun replied quickly, standing up to leave. Hopefully he'd escape this terrifying situtation. 

"Oh, where are you going? Don't you want to talk to me... or do you hate me?" Tao asked timidly. If Sehun knew he wasn't acting, he would had truly believe Tao. His voice had sounded so sincere. 

"No, I don't hate you at all, Tao. What made you jump to such a conclusion?" Sehun asked back, turing around to look at Tao. 

"Perphaps because you didn't do anything. You don't even want to converse with me!" Tao uttered, looking sad. 

'I didn't do anything? Oh. He's reffering to that.' Sehun thought. 

"I suppose I can hang out with you, only if you wish." Sehun answered, what was he getting himself into? What side was he even on?

"Of course I do, let's go!" Tao said, taking Sehun's wrist, grasping on to it with a harsh grip. As they walked out of the door, Sehun winced. His grip was too harsh, any harder and he might have a bruise. His skin was sensetive and fair. If it was bruised, it would be obvious. Then his parents would question him and god, that would be annoying. 

Sehun gasped slightly, "T-Tao, that hurts. Please stop..." He begged, when did he get so strong? Had Sehun always underestimate him? 

"Oh? Sorry Sehunnie!" Tao said, letting out a cheeky grin, as if he wasn't trying to break his wrist. 

'Sehunnie? He's already giving me a nickname?' Sehun questioned himself. 

"Here we are!" Tao said with an exuberant voice as he headed into the bathroom, dragging Sehun in with a slightly softer grip. 

"Tao, why are we here?" Sehun asked, before letting out a squeal of surprise as Tao pushed into a stall. 

"So Sehun, enough of the acting. Why do you think you're here with me today, in a small confined space?" Tao said, showing more his true colors. It's like someone added some colors to the paint palette that wasn't complementary, but the colors contrasted instead. 

Sehun felt horrifed, what was going to happen? What was Tao going to do? 

"I'm going to ask you some questions." Tao stated, Sehun gulped but nodded. He wasn't in the position to fight. 

"Why did you stand there?" Tao asked, his eyes softening for a moment.  "Stand where?" Sehun questioned back. 

"Don't play dumb, Sehun! Why didn't you help me? I needed you then!" Tao barked, pushing Sehun back against the stall. 

"I'm sorry! I truly am sorry! If I could take back time and help you, I would! You have no idea how much I regret seeing you cry, seeing you leave!" Sehun belted back. 

Tao felt odd suddenly but decided to continue with his plan. 'No emotions, Tao. Don't let yourself down.' 

"I'm sorry, if I could even make up for it, I would. But I truly don't think anything could fix it." Sehun whispered. 

"You can, if you answer my next question." Tao replied. 

"What's your question?" Sehun inquired. 

"Kiss me?" 

'Who's side am I truly on? I don't know what to do anymore..' Sehun wondered. 

 

 

{ Author's Note } It's safe to say most chapters won't be beta (lazy here). I get tired of looking and revising stuff. But anyway, what will Sehun do?  Upvoting and comments are appreciated I'm serious about this, your comments inspire me and I wasn't too happy with the little feedback last chapter. But for those who commented, thank you so much!. - Kirra