Feeling Unease

He's Back

 

幽玄 Feeling Unease  

 

 what a pleasant surprise to see  you  
 

Chanyeol, unlike his other friends, began to change since Tao suddenly disappeared during freshmen year. Everything began to seem dull and colorless; there simply was no fun. When the small chubby little boy who went by Tao left, there just was no fun. There was no one more fun than to hate and make fun of than poor Huang ZiTao. Sometimes, he'd look back and feel bad for all the things he'd had done; but those moments were rare. Chanyeol wouldn't hide the fact, when it came to Tao; he defiantly was a sadist to the boy.

It hasn't changed since, even now in his junior year, he preferred to sleep or eat on the rooftop. Sometimes Kris would go with him though.

 Lately, everything seemed exciting again. Especially today, Chanyeol felt like he sees those colors again; and finally, the dullness surrounding him was beginning to fade away.

 

Although at the moment, Chanyeol was sleeping on the rooftop. Sadly for Chanyeol, his nap came to halt as a vibration and ringtone went off. Chanyeol groaned, who could be disturbing his precious sleep? Chanyeol sat himself up, blinked a few times, and stretched before taking out his phone.

 

Unlocking his phone, he received at notification. Precisely, at text message from Baekhyun.

 

To: Yeolbutt

From: Diva-Baek

He's back.

---

"So do you have any hobbies?" Tao asked Zelo, as they walked around the campus. Zelo nodded, " I like dancing, r-rapping, and skateboarding. I'm not really good at any of them though."

 

Tao smiled, "I doubt what you said was true." Zelo pouted, "You think I'm lying?" Tao's smile turned to a sweet smile to a playful smirk, "Maybe, Maybe not."

 

 

Zelo's pout only grew bigger, "You totally think I'm lying! Have more faith in me!" Tao shrugged, "Maybe I will if you show me your rapping, skateboarding, and dancing skills." Zelo frowned, "Why~?"

 

Tao rolled his eyes, "No whining, now let's go. I want to see if you're good enough, maybe we can have rapping collaboration?" Zelo's eyes widen as Tao dragged him down to the music room, "You rap?"

 

"I dance too and do wushu too," Tao replied back as he turned left, down the hallway. Zelo smiled, feeling excited, "That's so cool!"

 

"I know I'm just that awesome." Tao said with a cocky smirk that was soon replaced with a pout; as Zelo rolled his eyes and replied, "As if!”

---

Sehun and Luhan quickly finished their lunch and decided to walk around. Luhan felt that Sehun still felt uneasy with Tao still being back. Luhan didn't blame Sehun for feeling uneasy.

 

Tao being back meant Chanyeol was bound to find out. Luhan wouldn't be surprise if the giant were already aware of Tao's presence at the school. Even so, like Sehun, Luhan felt nervous too. He knew how Chanyeol was. Knowing how Chanyeol was and now that Tao is back, he knew things would turn into complete chaos.

 

Turning down halls, Sehun came to a halt. Luhan broke out of his train of thought and glanced at Sehun. "How come we stopped walking?" Sehun didn't say anything, but he noticed the younger looked distressed. He glanced at the direction Sehun was staring at.

 

"Oh" Luhan whispered out. Walking near their direction was none other than Tao and a tall boy with a baby face.

 

But what made Luhan feel uneasy was huge visible change on Tao.

 

Tao and his young friend stopped to look back at Luhan and Sehun. "I didn't think I'd run into so many of you guys in the same day." Tao said, breaking the eerie silence. Zelo felt just as uneasy as Luhan but he also felt confused. He knew nothing about Tao's history at the school or with the two boys before him.

 

"T-Tao, what a pleasant surprise seeing you here again. You've grown." Luhan stuttered out, he was starting to understand how Sehun felt. He glanced at Sehun, seeing the latter looking at another direction (trying to avoid Tao).

 

"I'm glad you noticed gege! How are your dad and Kris?" Tao said with feigned kindness.

 

"G-Good, how's ou- your mom?" Luhan asked out with another stutter. He didn't like where this conversation would head too; he noticed the baby-faced boy and Sehun felt the same way.

 

"She's been better, but she's doing fine. After all, it's all been like that for the past three years." Tao said and Luhan frowned.

 

"I'm sorry, Tao." Luhan said, with mixed feelings. Tao nodded with acknowledgment. Luhan knew Tao didn't exactly forgive him - or his father.

 

"Well, I'll talk to you later Luhan and Sehun. Let's go Zelo." Tao said glancing at Luhan before diverting his eyes to the unease Sehun.

"O-Okay, let's go back to heading to the music room." Zelo squeaked. With that, they left, heading to the music room.

 

 

 

{ Author's Note Sorry for the short late chapter! Like most authors, my time too, has become limited. I try really hard to update and this story has become my main priority on aff. I hope you'll all leave plenty of comments and support for the story! Upvoting is appreciated too. - Kirra