19 months Part 2

Sunday Morning Kisses: Growing Up

Sorry that it's been forever! School is still super busy :( But I'm about finished with this extremely long chapter. Honestly, I'm not too pleased with this chapter, but I had to resolve the ChanBaek issue. This part is about 1.7k words and it's the shortest of all three.

The next chapter should be out soon, and I mean soon since it's mostly written.


After the impromptu marriage, all the couples have a sort of potluck dinner in Baekhyun and Junmyeon’s room. The kids are asleep in Chanyeol and Jongin’s room across the hall so they decide to buy a couple bottles of wine with their various takeout boxes. Yifan and Yixing are usually very physically affectionate, but with the combination of just getting married and the alcohol in their veins, they’re completely unabashed as they kiss on the floor. Jongin and Chanyeol have once again volunteered to look after the kids later on so the adults can have their alone time. Baekhyun makes a snide comment about Jongin being barely old enough to drink anyway and downs his glass.

 

It soon becomes clear to the others that Yifan and Yixing have absolutely no reserves in kissing in front of their friends, and when Yixing’s pullover comes off, they retreat into the hall and close the door behind them.

 

“Well, there goes our room,” Baekhyun sighs.

 

“It’s only 7 though, so maybe by the end of the day you’ll have your room.” Jongin pulls out his mobile phone to check the time, and from where he’s standing, Baekhyun can see that the background of Jongin’s phone is a picture of him and Chanyeol with their faces pressed together.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and opens the door to Chanyeol and Jongin’s room to get Kyungsoo. “I’m going to sit in the lobby until they’re done.” He switches to Korean, noting that all of them are native speakers.

 

“Kyungsoo can stay in our room, Hyung,” Jongin volunteers. He smiles nervously at Baekhyun and ducks his head slightly. “I can bring him to you when he wakes up.”

 

“I don’t want you doing anything with my child,” Baekhyun snaps. He scopes Kyungsoo up from the bed he’s on and storms out before anyone else can speak. Junmyeon stutters out an apology and scurries off after his husband. Jongin looks like he may cry, but he just lets out a long sigh and closes his eyes.

 

Chanyeol puts an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulder and kisses the top of his head. “I’m sorry… I’ll talk to him.”

 

Jongin shakes his head. “That’ll just make it worse. He hates me.”

 

“He doesn’t hate you, he just… he just needs some more time to get used to this.”

 

“To get used to what?” Jongin fires back. “You said he didn’t give you any time to adjust to his new husband, so why does he need time for you to date someone?” His phone begins to ring and he glances down at it.

 

“Don’t be upset. I promise, that he’ll be nicer if I just speak to him.”

 

“I don’t want him to pretend to like me just because you ask him to.” Jongin brings his phone to his ear. “Sorry, I need to take this.” He greets whoever’s calling him and walks down the hall to get some privacy. He argues with the person quietly for a few minutes before he hangs up and comes back over. “I have to leave…”

 

Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows. “Leave? What do you mean?”

 

“My boss… he has a shoot tomorrow, and his other assistant quit, so I need to go back… I’m sorry. I need to leave now to get there in time for the shoot.”

 

“Will you be back before the end of the week? We just have a few days left.”

 

Jongin shakes his head. “I’m sorry,” he apologizes again. “Maybe next month around my birthday we can go on a mini-vacation somewhere. I promise I’ll make it up to you.” He wraps his arms around Chanyeol’s waist and kisses his neck.

 

Chanyeol hugs back and sighs. “It’s alright… I know you can’t control when you have to work. I’ll help you call a taxi, alright?”

 

//

 

“Baekhyun…” Junmyeon takes the confused five-year-0ld from his husband’s arms and rubs his back to lull him back to sleep. “Jongin is a nice kid, there’s no reason you should be angry at him.”

 

“Yes, he’s a kid so I don’t want him around mine.” He folds his arms and paces across the near-empty lobby lounge.

 

“When you were his age you were raising a baby on your own. It’s not his age.”

 

Baekhyun shrugs. “It’s just… Chanyeol is my best friend, and this thing with Jongin doesn’t look like it’ll work, and I want him to be happy.”

 

“So let him do what makes him happy. And right now dating Jongin makes him happy.”

 

“You just don’t understand,” Baekhyun huffs.

 

Junmyeon looks down at Kyungsoo who has quickly drifted back to sleep. “Honestly, you just sound jealous.”

 

Baekhyun’s mouth gapes open for a few seconds before he closes it again, knowing he has no real argument. “I don’t feel well,” he mumbles. “I think I’ll see if Yifan and Yixing left their room unlocked and lie down for a while.” He kisses Junmyeon’s cheek and leaves the lobby.

 

Since all of their rooms are on the same hall, Baekhyun has to pass his room and also Chanyeol and Jongin’s room before he can reach Yifan and Yixing’s room. The door to Chanyeol and Jongin’s room is still cracked and as he passes he can see Zitao still asleep on a bed. As he passes, he hears some quiet murmuring and slows down to see if he can catch any words. He almost jumps out of his skin when the door swings open and he sees Chanyeol and Jongin kissing each other rather intimately.

 

He clears his throat and the couple jumps and separates from each other. Chanyeol rubs the nape of his neck and embarrassment while Jongin blushes and bows. “I’m sorry I butted in to your parenting duties; it’s none of my business.”

 

Baekhyun shrugs and glances down at Jongin’s suitcase on the ground. “Where are you off to?”

 

“Ah,” Jongin scratches the top of his head. “Something came up, and I have to leave early to help my boss out.” He reaches down to pick up his bag, but Chanyeol’s quick to pick it for him and places a hand on Jongin’s hip. Baekhyun clenches his teeth.

 

“I’ll walk you down,” Chanyeol offers and moves his hand into Jongin’s.

 

“Um, that’s okay.” Jongin pulls his hand away when he sees the look Baekhyun is giving him. “The taxi’s waiting and we’ve already said our goodbyes so…” He kisses Chanyeol’s cheek and gives Baekhyun another bow and squeezes past him to leave.

 

Baekhyun waits until Jongin’s out of sight before he speaks again. “He’s in love with you. I can tell.”

 

“Yeah, I know. He told me.” Chanyeol crosses his arms and leans back against the doorframe.

 

“And are you in love with him?”

 

“Not yet.” Baekhyun frowns.

 

“Well, he’s just a kid so don’t be surprised if he’s suddenly so in love with someone else in a few months.”

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. “I wasn’t aware that my boyfriend had to be approved by you before I was allowed to love him.”

 

“Well,” Baekhyun shrugs. “I always have a need to know who’ll be around my son.”

 

“The first time you told me about Junmyeon, you were already engaged; you didn’t give me a choice in the matter, so I don’t think you have the right to screen anyone I date.”

 

There’s nothing Baekhyun can really say to retaliate, so he ducks his head and stares at his feet. “You told me not to marry him so quickly,” he mumbles. “I should have listened.”

 

Chanyeol frowns and automatically wraps his arms around the smaller man and rests his chin on top of his head. Though the position is much more intimate than their usual hugs, it feels almost too natural for the both of them. “What do you mean? Are you and Junmyeon all right? Does he treat you okay?”

 

Baekhyun looks his fingers behind Chanyeol’s back and buries his face in his shirt. “He treats me wonderfully, so I don’t understand why my heart doesn’t race anymore when I’m around him.” As an afterthought, he adds, “Not like it does with you.”

 

Chanyeol pulls back and looks down at Baekhyun who hides his face more. “Baek…” he pries the smaller man’s hands off his face. “Baek, look at me.” Baekhyun adverts his eyes to a spot on the floor but looks up when Chanyeol asks him to. “You know I’ve been in love with you since I was 17, and I might love you until the day I die, but…”

 

“But?”

 

“But… I want to try to be with Jongin. He… he makes me happy; happier than I’ve been in a while. I have no idea where we’re headed, maybe we’ll break up in a month or maybe we’ll be together for years, but I want to see where this is going.”

 

Baekhyun frowns but nods his head. “Yeah… yeah, okay.” He pulls away as his eyes start to tear up and does his best to look anywhere but at Chanyeol.

 

“You love Junmyeon,” Chanyeol starts. “You may love me too, but you love him so much that you decided to spend your life with him. And I don’t know what’s going on with the two of you, but any problems you have can be worked out and if they can’t be, I’ll always be your best friend.” He pulls Baekhyun back into his arms and kisses the top of his head.

 

“I need to lay down… I don’t feel well.” He sniffs and rubs his eyes to dry his tears. “Do you… do you mind if I sleep in here for a little while? Until the newlyweds get out of my room?” Chanyeol nods happily and leads Baekhyun to the unoccupied bed that Zitao isn’t asleep on. He almost immediately falls asleep as Chanyeol sits on the edge of the bed, rubbing his back.

 

He wakes up an hour or two later, feeling much better and slowly sits up as sleep leaves his body. Zitao is no longer on the bed across from him, and instead Chanyeol’s sitting there with his back to Baekhyun, speaking quietly into his mobile phone.

 

“Did you make it there alright?” A pause. “No, no, I’m not mad; I just really wanted to spend time with you, but we’ll do something special for your birthday.” Another pause. “Mmm. I have Kyungsoo this Christmas Eve, but I’ll take him back Christmas morning and we’ll have the rest of the day together.” Another pause. “I miss you too.”

 

Baekhyun lies back down and does his best not to make any noise, felling that he intruded on a very private moment. He’s Chanyeol like this before. But it’s been years and the last time he was on the receiving end. Chanyeol is falling in love.


 

I COULDN'T DO IT. I COULD BREAK SUBAEK AND CHANKAI UP EVEN THOUGH CHANBAEK IS MY OTP. But for you ChanBaek shippers, they're still best friends so while I can't promise anymore romantic moments, they'll still be attached at the hip.

Er... I actually don't think I filled any prompts, but I'm filling a whole lot of kid ones in the next part.

Keep leaving prompts! If you've already left one, I have it written down, so don't think that I'm ignoring you if I haven't done it yet; I'm just felt some of them will fit better in later chapters.

Also, I hit 400+ subscribers T.T All of you are my best friends.