19 months Part 1

Sunday Morning Kisses: Growing Up

This next part is RIDICULOUSLY LONG. Just this part itself is over 3k. The first two parts occur within a span of a week and a half and focus on Kray & ChanBaek (+Suho & Kai) while the third part focuses primarily on the kids (Tao&Sehun&Luhan&Xiumin&Kyungsoo).


It’s no secret that Yixing’s pretty incapable of holding his liquor, but it’s embarrassing how such a small amount leaves him stumbling drunk. They’ve both had about the same amount of alcohol at the bar they’d just come from and while Yifan is slightly tipsy, he’s having to fully support his boyfriend and help him into the taxi.

 

“I think… I think I lost my shoe,” Yixing laments for the 4th time that evening. “Where’s my shoe?”

 

“Both of your shoes are on your feet, Xing.” He pats Yixing’s thigh and the drunk man takes this as a cue to climb into Yifan’s lap. Yixing attempts to kiss him, but his aim is extremely off and ends up passionately kissing his nose. “Come on, sit back in your seat.” He smiles apologetically at the taxi driver and buckles his fiancé back into his seat.

 

Yixing protests and puts his hands on Yifan’s face. “I just want to kiss you because you’re so handsome and I love you.”

 

Yifan removes the hands from his face and kisses the back of one. “I want to kiss you too, but right now we’re in public, baby.”

 

“That never stopped us before.”  Yifan clamps his hand over and Yixing’s mouth and smiles at the driver through the rearview mirror.

 

“This is our stop, sir. I apologize.” When the taxi stops he pulls Yixing out and pays the man a hefty tip. The driver mumbles something about having worse customers, but he accepts the money and drives off. “Come on, let’s go inside.” Yixing traps his arms around Yifan’s neck and attempts to kiss him again. “No, no, not here.” Yixing doesn’t seem to want to cooperate and Yifan has to hoist him up to wrap his legs around his waist. Yixing’s so far gone that he’s doing absolutely nothing to support himself and is nothing but dead weight. Yifan notes that carrying Yixing is much harder than he was years ago. Though he’s not at all overweight, Yixing has filled out from the stick thin boy he was when they first met, and being just over 30, Yifan doesn’t have the same strength as he did in his 20s. By some miracle, he gets into their house without dropping Yixing and carries him into his bedroom. When he tries to lie his fiancé down and stand back up to change his clothes, Yixing suddenly has inhuman strength and keeps his ankles locked around Yifan’s waist. “Xing, I need you to let go so I can get you in your pajamas.”

 

“We’re wearing too much clothes.” Yixing’s fingers start to work Yifan’s button’s loose.”

 

Yifan moves the hands and attempts to unhook Yixing’s ankles. “I love you, but we’re not doing this tonight.”

 

“Yes, we are,” Yixing insists and leans up to kiss Yifan’s exposed collarbones. “Fan…” he whines. It takes all off Yifan’s willpower to push his pleading fiancé away, but he finally unhooks Yixing’s ankles from around him and moves away before he can re-trap him. “Yifan,” he whines again, trying to pull his own sweater over his head. Yifan helps him pull it off, but goes to their closet to find a clean shirt for him to sleep in.

 

When he comes back, Yixing is now attempting to pull his jeans off over his shoes. Yixing tries to get him into bed as he helps removes his shoes, but his coordination is getting worse as he slowly drifts into unconsciousness. He finally falls asleep when he’s stripped down to his boxers, and Yifan takes the opportunity to put the clean shirt on him and tuck him into bed. Knowing how terrible Yixing will feel in the morning, he makes sure to leave a glass of water and aspirin on Yixing’s nightstand. After changing into his own pajamas, he settles behind Yixing and holds him close as he falls asleep.

 

A few hours later he’s woken up when Yixing suddenly surges forward out of his arms and into the bathroom as the contents of his stomach come up. Yifan groans when he looks over at the clock on Yixing’s nightstand and sees that it’s 4 in the morning. He reaches over to grab the glass of water and walks into the bathroom. “Feeling better?” he asks, as Yixing spits before flushing the toilet.

 

“Ugh. Yeah. Thank you.” He takes the water from Yifan and gulps it down. “Why didn’t you stop me from drinking so much?” he whines.

 

“Because I didn’t think 2 beers was enough to get you drunk.”

 

“True. I’m getting worse.” Once Yixing feels that he can get up without throwing up again, he does so and leans against the sink. “You didn’t drink too much, right?”

 

“Knowing that the last time we were drunk at the same time, we became parents, I immediately stopped after I realized how gone you were.”

 

“Ah, you’re so smart; I knew there was a reason I dated you besides your appearance.” He leans forward to kiss Yifan but his fiancé leans back out of his reach. “I was kidding~ Give me a kiss.”

 

Yifan takes Yixing’s head in his hands and kisses his forehead. “I know you were kidding, but you still just threw up. Brush your teeth, honey.” Yixing pouts, but he grabs his toothbrush and toothpaste and quickly brushes his teeth and rinses with mouthwash.

 

“Now, will you kiss me?” He leans forward again, but this time Yifan doesn’t reject him and instead responds enthusiastically. And as a bonus, when he pulls Yifan into bed, he gets his way this time.

 

//

 

As the holidays approach, Yifan decides that he wants to take Yixing on a romantic vacation with just the two of them. But leaving Zitao with someone else for more than a day isn’t an option for Yixing. And then Baekhyun and Junmyeon’s anniversary is nearing so Yixing invites them to tag along. And then Baekhyun also refuses to be away from his child for the week and a half they’ll be gone. And then Chanyeol tags along because he doesn’t want to be away from Kyungsoo for more than a few days. And inappropriately, Chanyeol invites Jongin to come with him. Suddenly Yifan’s romantic getaway is a couples’ retreat.

 

They stay at a cabin-style hotel that’s just a 15-minute bus ride to a ski resort. Chanyeol and Jongin, still in the newlywed stage after only 4 months of dating, plan out what they’ll do together each day while the other two couples decide to just take each day as it comes. They all arrive separately mid-morning and check into their individual rooms. The kids have fallen asleep over the course of the trip, and everyone decides to wait for them to wake up before they started any exploring. To their surprise, Jongin offers to watch the kids while the two older couples go have their alone time.

 

They gladly take him up the offer, but Yixing has second thoughts when he sees how nervous Jongin is when Zitao is handed over to him. “Have you ever babysat, Jongin?” he inquires.

 

“Well, I don’t have any younger siblings, but my older sisters have babysat, and I helped…” He grows more and more unsure of himself as he rambles, but Chanyeol is quickly by his side to save him.

 

“We’ll be fine! Jongin’s good with Kyungsoo, and I had a toddler not too long ago, so you have nothing to worry about.” He takes Zitao from Jongin’s awkward grip and naturally holds him against his chest.

 

Yixing still seems skeptical, but Yifan takes his hand and pulls him to their room for some alone time. “You looked like you were about to snatch Tao away from him,” Yifan comments.

 

“It’s just… Chanyeol is my friend, but I don’t really know Jongin that well and he didn’t look very comfortable with taking care of a baby. But you know him better than I do. What’s he like?”

 

“Outgoing.” Yifan shrugs and lies across the large bed. “He’s a little self-conscious sometimes, but I think that comes from him really wanting Chanyeol to like him so he’s worried if he’s interesting enough. But I think he’s forcing himself too much to be good with kids so he doesn’t seem so young.”

 

“Have th-“

 

“Are you just using me for gossip?” Yifan complains.

 

Yixing kisses Yifan’s cheek and hugs him. “Of course not. I just know my best friend has been a little upset over Chanyeol dating, so I need to know what kind of person Jongin is.”

 

“All you need to know is that he’s a good kid. I think if Baek hadn’t kissed him, they w-“

 

Yixing pulls away slightly and looks up at Yifan, shocked. “Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol? When?”

 

“Tao’s birthday party…”

 

“Why haven’t you told me?!” He pulls completely away and sits up with his legs folded under him. “Why hasn’t he told me?”

 

Yifan also sits up from his spread out position. “It wasn’t my secret to tell, and I kinda assumed he would tell you after he told Junmyeon, which he hasn’t yet.”

 

“I need to talk to Baek.” Yixing starts moving off the bed, but Yifan wraps an arm around his waist and pulls him back.

 

“They will fix their relationship themselves. We’re here to enjoy ourselves, not be counselors. And I know he’s your best friend, Chanyeol is one of mine, but they need to fix this themselves.” Yixing pouts but Yifan kisses that unhappy expression off his lips. “Now,” he starts, lying back down and pulling Yixing on top of him. “We’re baby-less for the next few hours, and I think we should take advantage of that.”

 

//

 

Jongin nervously interlocks his fingers as he sits on one of the two double beds in the room. Baekhyun, when booking his and Junmyeon’s room, had volunteered to book one for the new couple and claimed that the only room left was one with two doubles. When they first checked in, he and Chanyeol tossed their items onto one of the beds, but Jongin didn’t know if that really meant they would be sharing the same bed. While he often slept over at Chanyeol’s apartment, Jongin always slept on the couch and hadn’t so much as stepped into Chanyeol’s bedroom.

 

Their relationship was progressing slower than any other Jongin had been in. Although he can’t really say he’s been in real relationships as the ones he had in school were brief and shallow. But he really likes how Chanyeol treats him and he can really see himself being with him for a while. He does feel slightly out of place though, dating someone 4 years older with him who has a child. His parents weren’t pleased when he called home to tell them about Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, telling him that he was too young to even consider being a stepparent.

 

Chanyeol steps out of the bathroom, towel drying his wet hair. After being relieved of babysitting duty, they retreated back to their room to get ready for bed, but they hadn’t yet discussed the bed situation. “Were you taking a shower tonight?” Chanyeol asks as he sits on the bed still drying his hair.

 

“Um, I decided to wait until morning. I’ll just… change now.” Jongin stands up from the bed and rummages through his luggage on the other bed. He glances over as Chanyeol pulls back the covers on the bed and gets in on one side, leaving the other side empty. Jongin rushes into the bathroom to change into his pajamas and when he emerges, one side of the bed is still empty. Nervously, he sits on the edge of the bed but makes no move to get in beside his boyfriend who’s staring at him.

 

“Are you getting in?” Chanyeol ask, laughing when Jongin rips the covers back and immediately gets in. He wraps an arm around his younger boyfriend’s waist and pulls him close. “You did a great job watching Kyungsoo and Zitao today. You don’t have to be so nervous around them though; they like everyone.”

 

Jongin nods. “I guess so. I don’t think your friends like me though.”

 

Chanyeol brings Jongin’s head closer and kisses him. “They’re just not used to seeing me with someone else, and Baekhyun doesn’t like anyone around Kyungsoo. Give them some time.” Jongin sighs and throws an arm over Chanyeol’s waist. “This is the first time we’ve shared a bed, you know.”

 

“I’ve very aware,” Jongin laughs and kisses Chanyeol again. This time Chanyeol deepens the kiss, and they stay connected for a few minutes before Jongin has to pull away for air. “I love you,” he breathes against Chanyeol’s lips.

 

Chanyeol quickly pulls completely away and stares at Jongin with wide eyes. “Oh… um, thank you.” He gives Jongin a quick kiss in an attempt to dispel any awkwardness, but Jongin’s face is already turning red and he sinks lower into the covers and turns to face away from him. “Jongin…” Chanyeol pulls his boyfriend close and kisses his neck. “I can’t return your feelings, but I really like you.”

 

“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have said it.” He attempts to cover his red face with his hands. Chanyeol pulls and hands away and turns his head to give him a proper kiss.

 

“It’s okay, I promise. Thank you for telling me how you feel. I’m just… surprised. Bae- I mean, no one has ever directly told me that they love me, besides Kyungsoo.”

 

“Have you ever said it to someone else?”

 

Chanyeol kisses Jongin again. “We should get to sleep; we have a busy day tomorrow.”

 

//

 

When Yixing emerges from the hotel holding Zitao’s hand, Yifan is already finished loading all the necessities for their day out. At the ski resort, there was a large flat area of snow where families could play. Yixing made sure to bundle Zitao up in his snowsuit that was so puffy that he walked with a waddle.

 

Yifan picks Zitao up and buckles him into his car seat. Zitao whines and reaches his hands out. “Want Bà ba.” Yifan kisses his cheek and gives him a stuffed dog that they keep in the car to pacify him.

 

“Bà ba is right here.” He points to Yixing in the front passenger seat. “It’s just a short ride then Bà ba will play with you, okay?”

 

“Bà ba…” he whines miserably, but he hugs the stuffed dog and quiets down.

 

The 15-minute ride is pretty quiet, save for the radio and Yixing quietly singing along to it. Hearing his fiancé sing makes him want to kiss him, but he settles for just holding his hand as they continue their journey. By the time they get to the ski resort, Zitao has joined in on singing in a unique mix of babbling and the few words he knows.

 

When they arrive, Zitao is overjoyed when Yixing holds him, and he immediately relaxes and sticks his thumb in his mouth. “Don’t you want to make a snowman with Pa pa?” Zitao thinks it over as he looks over at Yifan but shakes his head. “Are you suuuure?” He kneels down to grab a handful of snow for Zitao to touch. Zitao curiously pokes it and deciding he likes it, puts his whole hand in it. “Do you want to play with Pa pa now?” Zitao nods and squirms out of Yixing’s hold to run over to Yifan. He trips and falls halfway over, but he’s unfazed by it and gets back up to continue running.

 

Once he makes it all the way, Yifan kisses his temple and secures his mittens on his tiny hands before they start making their snowman. Yixing retrieves his camera from the car and snaps picture after picture, stealing kisses from Yifan every so often. When they finish, the snowman leans severely to the right and its nose is a baby carrot, but Yixing doesn’t comment because his boys look happy.

 

With their snowman finished, they go into the resort’s lounge to warm up. The lounge is surprisingly empty, as everyone is out on the slopes, so after removing Zitao’s snowsuit, he lies the toddler down on an armchair for a nap. Yifan’s reclining in his own armchair, sipping from a mug of hot chocolate but sets it to the side when Yixing sits in his lap. “This was fun,” Yixing sighs as Yifan’s arms wrap around his waist. “Maybe tomorrow we can come back with the others for a group outing.”

 

Yifan groans. “I don’t want to do group outings.”

 

“Why not?” Yixing frowns. “Aren’t we here to enjoy time with our friends?”

 

“No. I originally planned for just the two of us to come, remember?”

 

“Well, yes, but why can’t we have some alone time and spend the rest of our time with them? We’re all on vacation together.”

 

“Xing, I planned this trip so I can marry you.” Yixing opens his mouth to speak, but he can’t find his voice. “We’ve been engaged for almost two years now, and I know we’ve been trying to wait and find a time to plan, but we both know that a big wedding isn’t us. And I’ve already bought the rings and there’s a courthouse we can go to about half an hour away and- Xing, don’t cry.”

 

“I thought we would be engaged forever!” he sobs.

 

Yifan wipes away the tears with the pads of his thumbs. “I know, and I’m sorry. But are you okay with eloping? We can wait if you want a real wedding.”

 

Yixing sniffs and shakes his head. “I’m sick of calling you my fiancé. I don’t care if it’s just you, me, and Tao, I’m just ready to finally marry you.” He gives Yifan several short pecks that get longer and longer until their mouths are glued to each other’s. They kiss for a long time until Zitao wakes up from his nap and demands to be held by his bà ba. They gather their belongings and load into the car, preparing to immediately head to the courthouse. Zitao fusses a little because after his naps he wants to be held, but Yifan puts a kids’ CD on to entertain him.

 

They get to the courthouse in just under half an hour because Yifan’s driving a little faster than the speed limit. By that time, Zitao is singing loudly and clapping his hands offbeat to the music. He’s curious when they exit the car and they’re not back at the hotel, but he obediently holds Yixing’s hand as they walk into the courthouse. He quietly watches as Yixing and Yifan fill out several forms and show their IDs to the bored desk worker. Afterwards, they move to a different room where they repeat their vows from a minister and exchange rings.

 

When they’re told to kiss, they get carried away, making the minister feel awkward and making Zitao jealous. He tugs on Yixing’s pant leg and stomps his foot, demanding a kiss from him. Yixing smiles and picks him up, kissing his cheek. Yifan attempts to kiss his other cheek, but Zitao pushes his face away and snuggles into Yixing’s neck. Yifan pouts, and Yixing smiles and kisses the pout off his husband’s face.

 

“I suppose this is our honeymoon now.” Yixing murmurs against his lips.


Prompts: 

First family vacation (this is spilling over into the next part also): LuhansOrange (I think someone else requested this, but I can't find it in the comments TT.TT)

Yifan&Yixing getting married (not really a prompt, but there you go): dcyseokyu

 

I didn't fill too many prompts this part, but you can continue to leave them and I'll add to my list~

Also, I can finally promise you ChanBaek in the next chapter.

Upvote?