2 years Part 2

Sunday Morning Kisses: Growing Up

“Oh~ Look how big you’ve gotten!” Yixing coos as he lifts the baby girl from her crib. She smiles at him and tries to grab at his hair. “How old is she again?”

 

“Almost 5 months,” Baekhyun sighs. “She’s taking longer to sleep through the whole night then Kyungsoo did.”

 

Yixing kisses the infant’s cheek and sets her back in her crib. “Are you alright to watch Tao?” It’s rare for both Yixing and Yifan to both work on the same day, even rarer for both of them to work on a weekend, but neither of them could change their schedule around.

 

Baekhyun yawns and nods. “Yeah, I’m fine. Chanyeol’s bringing Kyungsoo over soon and I’m sure he’ll keep Tao occupied.”

 

Yixing pulls Baekhyun into a friendly then heads back into the living room where Zitao is rolling around the floor and squealing. “Be good for Baekhyun ge, okay? Bà ba will come get you later.” Zitao gets up from the floor and holds his arms up. Yixing picks him up and pecks Zitao’s puckered lips.

 

“And play with Sehunnie?” He asks, hopeful.

 

“I already told you that you can’t play with Sehun today because he’s sick,” Yixing slowly explains. Zitao whimpers for a few seconds before he bursts into tears and squirms in Yixing’s hold.

 

“WANT SEHUNNIE! WANT SEHUNNIE!” he screams. Yixing sighs and holds onto the squirming toddler.

 

Baekhyun smirks and crosses his arms. “Enjoying those terrible twos?”

 

“He throws a tantrum over everything. I can’t even give him a bath without him screaming that I used the wrong bubble bath.” Yixing sets Zitao on the ground when he realizes that he’ll drop him if he continues squirming, and the toddler sinks to the ground and sobs into the carpet. “I really need to go, Baek. Can you handle him?”

 

Zitao rolls over to his back to continuing sobbing and his nose is starting to run from how hard he’s crying. “We’ll find out, won’t we?”

 

“Bà ba’s leaving, Taozi,” Yixing calls out, but Zitao ignores him and continues his temper tantrum. “Good luck, Baek,” Yixing sighs as he leaves the apartment.

 

Ziao’s sobbing gets even louder as Yixing leaves and he starts demanding for his Bà ba to come get him. Baekhyun closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose; it’s gonna be a long day.

 

Though Kyungsoo was a very calm child, he did have his fair share of tantrums so Baekhyun can calmly walk away from the crying toddler and goes to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. From the kitchen he look in the living room floor where Zitao is still crying, but the longer he’s left along, the more he realizes that no one is running to cheer him up. He’s snobs slowly turn into sniffles and he sits up, rubbing his eyes.

 

“Bacon ge?” Zitao wipes his nose on the back of his hand and gets to his feet. “Bacon ge?” he asks again, looking around the living room.

 

“Are you done crying?” Baekhyun asks, coming back into the living room. Zitao nods sadly and holds his arms up. No matter how much he pushes people away when he has his tantrums, he always wants someone to hold him after his tears dry up. Baekhyun sits in his armchair and lets Zitao climb into his lap and snuggle against his chest. “You’re a good kid, Tao, but I pray that my daughter is nothing like you.” He kisses Zitao’s forehead and toddler squeaks and cuddles closer.

 

After Zitao’s sniffling stops, Baekhyun turns on the television and turns to a kids’ show that immediately catches Zitao’s attention. The toddler slides out of Baekhyun’s lap and sits too close to the screen so Baekhyun has to pull him back a few inches. With Zitao successful distracted, Baekhyun takes the moment to clean the sink out of dirty baby bottles and gets a start on making lunch. Just as he finishing cutting the crusts off Kyungsoo’s sandwich, he hears incessant knocking at the door that can only be Chanyeol.

 

“How’s ByunBaek doing today?” Chanyeol asks loudly as he enters the apartment with Kyungsoo slung over his shoulder.

 

KimBaek,” he corrects. “And I wish you wouldn’t talk so loud when you know the baby’s asleep, baby daddy.”

 

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun and shakes his head. “Don’t ever call me that again.”

 

Baekhyun shrugs and takes Kyungsoo off Chanyeol’s shoulder and sets him on his feet. “Well, that’s what you are. I talked to a coworker about you, and I had no idea how to describe you because ex-boyfriend doesn’t feel right since it’s been years since we dated.”

 

“So you came up with… baby daddy.”

 

“Anyway-“ Baekhyun’s cut off by the shrill of the baby crying from the nursery and he curses low enough so Kyungsoo doesn’t hear and brings his hands up to rub his temples. “I just calmed Tao down and now-“

 

“I got it!” Chanyeol announces and skips into the nursery. Kyungsoo follows and watches as his Bà ba picks up his half-sister and bounces her in his arms.

 

“Do you know how to take care of a baby?” Kyungsoo asks, skeptically. Even as a six-year-old he knows that his Bà ba is not much more than a giant child himself.

 

Chanyeol scowls. “Of course. I took care of you, right?” Kyungsoo shrugs and still watches Chanyeol as if he’ll drop the squirming baby at any time. “Don’t cry, Taenggu~” Baekhyun comes in to watch Chanyeol’s progress and leans against the doorjamb. “I still can’t believe Junmyeon let you name her Taeyeon. He’s just feeding into your girl group addiction.”

 

“I don’t have an addiction. And Junmyeon has the musical taste of a 40-year-old man. I don’t think I’ve heard him voluntarily listen to something that wasn’t trot.”

 

“I always wonder how you two stay together.” Chanyeol immediately realizes that he’s hit a sore subject and quickly switches all his attention to getting the baby to stop crying.

 

Baekhyun forces out a cough and changes the subject. “So how’s Jongin? You two are usually attached at the hip. Are you living together yet?”

 

“Not formally, but he spends the night almost every weekend.” Realizing that he’s no way calming the screaming baby down, he hands her off to Baekhyun and ignores Kyungsoo’s ‘I told you so’ look.

 

“Spends the night?” Baekhyun wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

 

“Not talking to you anymore.” Chanyeol picks Kyungsoo up again and carries him into the living room to sit by Zitao who’s still absorbed in the cartoon. When he sees Kyungsoo though, he perks up and climbs into Kyungsoo’s lap to give him kisses. “What if Kyungsoo marries Tao when they’re older?” Chanyeol contemplates over the possibility as he watches his child return the innocent kisses.

 

“If Tao’s anything like he is now when he’s older, I hope Kyungsoo will be smart enough to not put himself through that torture.”

 

“Hm.” Chanyeol watches how their son dotes on Zitao, even more than he does with his baby sister. “Just preparing you for a very real possibility.”

 

Baekhyun scowls and shakes his head. “I’ve already decided that only Minseok is good enough for either of my children. I’m even okay with both of them dating him at once.”

 

“Should you be trying to set up your kids when one can’t talk and the other thinks babies grow in a garden?” Kyungsoo looks up at Chanyeol with a confused expression. “…Which is absolutely where babies come from!” He grins and lets out a sigh of relief when Kyungsoo doesn’t question him any further. “Besides, that Luhan kid has first dibs on Minseok.”

 

“We’ll see.”

 

In the time spent waiting for Yixing to come pick up Zitao, Baekhyun puts in a kids’ movie that he saw with Chanyeol years back, and though the movie was meant to entertain the kids, the adults get more into it than them. When Baekhyun starts to cry over a particular sad scene, he unconsciously clings to Chanyeol, and the taller man automatically responds and wraps an arm around him.

 

They start to pull away when the baby’s cries sounds through the baby monitor, but unfortunately it’s also when Junmyeon steps into the house coming in from work. When he sees the two pulling away from each other he freezes but clears his throat to let them know he’s there. Baekhyun can’t help but jump in surprise and immediately feels his stomach drop when he images what his husband must be thinking.

 

“Hi, Hy-“ He doesn’t even get a chance to greet him before Junmyeon walks away into the nursery to calm down his baby girl. Baekhyun sighs and gets up to follow him before Kyungsoo can see how upset he is. Even with a new baby, he and Junmyeon haven’t felt all that close in a year, and Junmyeon had even come with the paperwork needed to begin a divorce two months ago, but they stayed unsigned in an envelope in their dresser. “Hyung… we weren’t doing anything.  I cried during a movie, and he held me to make me feel better.”

 

Junmyeon sighs and bounces Taeyeon in his arms. “We haven’t got along in a long time. Maybe we should g-“

 

“Counseling! We haven’t tried it yet, but I have a coworker who told me about a great marriage counselor and if this doesn’t work… then we can separate.” Baekhyun can’t even look at his husband and instead looks down at his feet.

 

Junmyeon shifts the baby and pulls Baekhyun into a hug. “I love you, but I understand why you might want to go ahead and end this.”

 

Baekhyun clings to Junmyeon, being careful not to squish the baby. “No! Of course, I don’t want to leave you! I’m sorry I’ve been dumb and selfish lately, but-“

 

“The department store’s opening stores in Korea, and they offered to make a manager if I go.”

 

Baekhyun pulls away and frowns at Junmyeon. “You’re leaving China?”

 

Junmyeon shrugs. “I haven’t answered, but I miss home and it’s more money. They first suggested it when we were dating, and I turned them down because we were dating, but now the store is built and they don’t have enough managers. I need to give them an answer before the end of the week. Will you come with me?”

 

Baekhyun backs up until he’s leaning against a wall for support and starts to think: what’s more important? His life with Junmyeon or the life he’s become comfortable with over the past five years?

 

//

 

Kyungsoo’s quietly digging a hole by himself during recess when Shu Quiang approaches him, looking to pick a fight. The Chinese boy was never all that nice to Kyungsoo for a reason he didn’t really care to know. Normally, the teacher tries to keep them apart because she knows how confrontation things get between them, but today, Kyungsoo’s playing in a spot where she can’t see them.

 

“I heard you have a baby sister.” Even when stating a fact, Shu Quiang’s tone is nasty, but Kyungsoo has learned to mostly ignore it.

 

“Yeah, so?” He doesn’t even pause in digging his hole.

 

Shu Quiang crosses his arms and half-sneers at Kyungsoo. “Do you know how babies are made?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“How?”

 

Kyungsoo sighs and stops his work on the hole. He wonders how much more he’ll have to dig to make it big enough to push Shu Quiang in. “When grown-ups love each other they hafta kiss a lot where everyone will see so they can get a special letter from the baby garden people. Then the grown-ups go to the baby garden and get a baby seed to plant and take care of it for a really long time until the baby’s ready to come home.”

 

Shu Quiang laughs and tells him where babies really come from.

 

After Kyungsoo is still crying ten minutes after, the teacher finally calls Chanyeol to come take him home.

 

//

 

Yixing curses under his breath when he sees that all the lights (except for the hall ones for Zitao’s sake) are off in the house. Lately, he’d been writing and producing music away from home as the complexity of the music required more instruments and technology than he had in his home studio. He really tried to keep home early today because Yifan had to leave town for the next few days. He promised Yifan some time to be intimate, but he’d gotten stuck over a few bars of music and couldn’t leave until they were sorted out.

 

He peeks into Zitao’s room and smiles when he sees his little boy asleep in his big boy bed with his beloved puppy asleep at his feet. As quietly as he can, he tiptoes into the room, stepping over the occasional toy, and pushes the toddler’s hair to the side so he can kiss his forehead. The small puppy shifts in her sleep but fortunately doesn’t wake up and start barking.

 

When he enters the master bedroom, he sees that Yifan is already fast asleep, mostly on his own side of the bed but with his head resting on Yixing’s pillow. Yixing pulls off his socks and jeans and carefully slips into the bed. He kisses his sleeping husband’s cheek and brushes the hair out of his eyes to watch him for some time before falling asleep. He’s so immersed in staring at Yifan’s face that he’s completely taken by surprise when an arm is slung around his waist. “You’re late,” Yifan murmurs. “I have to leave before the sun’s up.”

 

“I know, I’m sorry.” He kisses Yifan’s cheeks and nose before giving him a peck on the lips. “You know how I get when I don’t think something’s just right.” He pushes Yifan onto his back and lies halfway on top of him so his leg is between Yifan’s. “Have you been asleep long?”

 

“Hm. I went to sleep after I put Zitao to sleep.” Despite how tired he is though, he pulls Yixing into him to lazily kiss him. They kiss for a while, while Yixing’s hands wonder under Yifan’s shirt and rub his bare hip. “I have to be up in a few hours,” Yifan reminds him.

 

“I’ll be quick. Let me get the stuff.” Yixing begrudgingly rolls off Yifan and leaves the room to retrieve the lube and condoms. They had to remove them from their bedside tables when Zitao got tall enough to get into them because if there was something he could reach, it would be messed with. While he’s in the kitchen getting his supplies, Yixing decides he’s a little hungry from working so late, and grabs a box of those jellies Zitao likes so much and pours himself a glass of milk to wash it down.

 

Yifan raises an eyebrow when he looks at all the contents in his husband’s hands when he reenters the room. “I was under the impression that you wanted to have and not share a bedtime snack.”

 

“This is just mine,” Yixing clarifies holding up the jellies and milk. He throws the lube and a at Yifan. “I haven’t eaten since lunch, and this way after we’re done I’ll already have eaten and can go to sleep.”

 

“You woke me up to have with you while you eat.”

 

Yixing shrugs. “I didn’t plan it that way, but I guess so. I could eat first, but I know you want to get to sleep.”

 

Yifan just stares at him for a moment, but in the end he goes through with it, even though he pauses a few time when he hears Yixing slurping between moans. Yixing even has the audacity to reach out for the glass of milk to take a sip while they readjust so Yixing’s on top. But he loves Yixing to much to every complain, and he tells him so afterwards when he kisses his husband’s sticky lips and pulls him close.

 

“Two birds, one stone,” Yixing mumbles as he drifts off against Yifan’s chest.

 

//

 

“…This is weird, right?” Yixing shoots Baekhyun a confused look. “I told Yifan about it when he called, but he said it wasn’t strange.” The two men turn their attention back to Sehun whose nose is buried in Zitao’s shoulder as he smells him. Yixing had recently switched out Zitao’s soap, and apparently the scene pleased Sehun, who now rarely left Zitao’s side. Despite the weirdness of the situation, it causes Zitao to be completely overjoyed so Yixing lets it go.

 

Yixing was watching Minseok and Sehun while their parents were at work, but Baekhyun immediately brought Kyungsoo over when he heard that Luhan was sick at home. He was only half-kidding when he told Chanyeol that Minseok was the only good match for Kyungsoo, and he may have watched too many dramas where childhood friends become lovers when they’re older.

 

Attention from Sehun seems to be exactly what Zitao needs to keep him from throwing any tantrums that day. He’s been quietly playing all day with the puppy and didn’t even throw the usual tantrum when the small dog walked away from him to nap in her bed. Yixing briefly considers whether Sehun’s parents will let him keep the toddler.

 

“Tao plays well with other kids,” Baekhyun notes, while keeping an eye on Kyungsoo and Minseok. “Have you thought about another sibling for him?”

 

Yixing shrugs. “I was hoping the puppy would kind of fill in for that. But Zitao’s not one to give attention more than he wants to receive it; I mean, he only likes the puppy when she’s giving him her full attention. Can you imagine him with a baby brother or sister? He’s just… born to be the baby of a family, and I don’t think he’ll accept anything else.”

 

Baekhyun nods in agreement, and they both watch as Minseok absentmindedly pats Zitao’s head as he heads to the bathroom. Zitao squeals and follows after Minseok, Sehun still clinging to the back of his shirt.

 

“Maybe you could clone Minseok to be his big brother,” Baekhyun jokes.

 

“Or we could adopt,” Yixing replies seriously. “I’ve been thinking about it for a while,” he shyly admits. “But do you think he’d go for it?”

 

“Can’t hurt to ask.” Yixing nods, but he can’t help but anxiously chew on his bottom lips as he wonders how in the world to bring up adoption with Yifan.


Prompts: 
Distracted y time (probably not exactly what you were looking for but Yixing was distractef by food?): Curlylooks14
Zitao throwing a tantrum: Curlylooks14
Sehun smelling Tao: taerissa

Leave more prompts (even though I still have 20 on my list)!

Also, I apologize for being MIA for 5 months and not writing a full scene OTL, but good news is that I'm gonna try my best to update weekly for the next few months.

Also, there is a companion story to this where I'll include things that don't quite fit in here.

I hope you guys are still here!