feelings.

everybody but us
"Jonghyun, do you know where Key might have gone?" Sooyoung frantically paced the living room herself, deciding to call him instead of the other, who wouldn't answer any of her calls. Two hours had passed since he had left, and it was getting dark.
 
And Sooyoung was getting worried.
 
"Uh, he left here hours ago...why?"
 
"He got mad about some...stuff and he stormed out and isn't answering my calls. Can you call him?"
 
"Oh...I'll see what I can do, okay? He probably just wants to let some steam out, don't you worry. I'll get Jessica to come over so you guys can have your girl talk thing." He laughed, easing a bit of her tension. 
 
"Okay. Thanks so much, Jong." Hanging up she fell onto the couch with a loud sigh, nears tears again for the third time since Key had left. She felt terrible, thinking if something happened to him it would be her fault. But then again, if he had been a little more outright with her she might've been more sensitive.
 
It felt as if barely a second had passed when Jessica came storming in through the front door, a stern expression on her face as she took her spot in the chair across from Sooyoung.
 
"Spill."
 
- - - - - - -
 
Jonghyun kept his peering out the window of his car, circling the usual places the younger male would visit to see if he found him. After nearly an hour of driving he realized it was pointless and parked in a nearby alley, stepping out and informing the owner of the shop next door before pulling out his cell phone.
 
"Pick up, pick up, pick up..." he muttered as he listened to the dial tone.
 
"If Sooyoung is telling you to try to find me, forget it."
 
"Key, why are you doing this? What happened after you left here?"
 
"Sooyoung was home and told me she kissed Eunhyuk, I got a call from school that said I might lose my scholarship. Anything else?"
 
"Whoa, whoa...what? She what? You might what?"
 
"Uh huh." Key sounded tired. "I'll go home don't worry. I probably can't stand Sooyoung right now but I'll try not to give her a heart attack, too."
 
"You and I both know how much you love Soo, friend-wise or not. Just calm yourself and go home. Try to work it out, right now Sica's with her, so..."
 
"Okay. Just tell Jess she can leave or whatever, I'll go now."
 
"Okay." Returning to his car he let out a sigh of relief as he texted his girlfriend the plan, dropping his phone on the empty seat as he made his way to Key's house.
 
- - - - - - -
 
"Shh," Jessica was busy consoling the younger girl as she rubbed her back in small, soothing circles. She pulled her hand away before speaking again. "It's not all your fault. You and Key just need to work this out because frankly, it's getting out of hand with all of this fighting. You both have always been inseperable, don't let something like this break you apart."
 
"He probably hates me right now," Sooyoung wailed, burying her face in her hands. The older girl sighed and patted her head, perking up as her phone vibrated on the table next to them. Scanning the screen, she shook the tall brunette gently.
 
"Jong says that he got through to Key and he's fine. He's gonna come pick me up." Jessica crossed her arms, pouting at the other. "Do you need me to stay with you?"
 
"No, it's okay. I don't want you to see him yelling at me too."
 
"Relax." Patting her cheek, she got up and picked up her bag just as the flash of headlights reflected through the thin living room curtains. "I'm gonna get going. Feel better, Soo. And also." Stopping in the doorway, she turned back to speak again. "Try to tell Key you like him already."
 
"But Hyuk-"
 
"-is not half of the man Key is to you, and I'm telling you this from an unbiased perspective." The car horn made her jump with a soft giggle. "I better go."
 
"Bye," Sooyoung called softly as the door swung shut. She watched as the car backed out of the driveway, waving her thanks before returning inside. Deciding to wait for Key, she lay on the couch and began to fall asleep.
 
She was half asleep when the front door clicked open, making her spring up without warning and land on the floor. Getting up with a groan she froze when she noticed Key, who acted as if he didn't see her. Fumbling with her words, she spoke in a small voice that got him to turn with a hateful glare.
 
"Y-You're back."
 
"No duh, Sherlock." He shrugged off his jacket which had small specks of the snow that had begun to fall, going into the kitchen without another word.
 
"Ugh." The female of the two groaned to herself, following him in. "You answered Jonghyun but not me?"
 
"Well Jonghyun wasn't blowing up my phone unlike someone." Sitting at the counter, he kept a bottle of milk in his hands, rolling it from side to side.
 
"I was worried, don't blame me." Sooyoung smiled a little to herself, happy that he was at least responding to her. "Do you hate me?"
 
"I don't know."
 
"It's not nice to hate people, you know." Taking a seat on the other stool she sighed, resting her elbows on the counter. "I'm sorry for seeming so inconsiderate earlier."
 
"It's okay. Sorry I snapped." Resting the bottle to the side of him, he finally looked up at her with a frown. "Do you hate me for hating Hyuk?"
 
"No, I don't. I'd pick you over him any day." That one sentence made Key's entire spirit lift until she continued. "You're my best friend."
 
"Oh. Yeah..." 
 
"What's going on with your grandma?"
 
"She..." He choked on his words, shaking it off to continue. "She told my aunt she wasn't feeling well and a few hours after she got a heart attack."
 
"How is she now?"
 
"In the ER. They're performing major surgery right now to get her stable again, but there's not a guarantee that it'll be a success."
 
"I'm so sorry..." Sooyoung tried not to cry herself, being as close to her as Key was considering her parents were always busy or away.
 
"It's okay. That's why I couldn't answer. I had to switch off my phone to go into the ER and Jonghyun called after I had left. Not like I would've answered you anyways." He scoffed, earning a small shove from the other. 
 
"What about your scholarship?"
 
"I'm on an art scholarship and you know that, right?" He waited for her to nod, which she did. "Art is the first option to get cut out of the school's budget so they may not be able to pay for my scholarship if they go through with it."
 
"They can't! A lot of people do Art, how can they?"
 
"A lot of people do Art but they're not poor like me," he scoffed.
 
"You're not poor, but I understand where you're coming from. I don't think they'll kick you out of school considering this is your senior year."
 
"True." Key shrugged, throwing out his empty bottle and moving to leave and head upstairs. "I'm gonna take a shower and go to bed. Winter break starts tomorrow anyways, and I'm gonna need all the sleep I can get."
 
Sooyoung giggled and nodded in reply, watching as he walked off and about to get up herself when she stopped and fell back into her seat. Something felt a bit off. Her entire body felt jittery and nervous. Resting a hand on her chest, she narrowed her eyes as she felt her heartbeat slowly switch from extremely fast to its normal pace. Placing her free hand on her forehead, she felt even more confused as she realized it wasn't a fever. Thinking back throughout the day she shook it off, thinking it was just her freaking out over her fight with Key. She was about to change into her pajamas to go to bed when she perked up, remembering what Jessica had said.
 
"I've spoken to Jonghyun about this before. Key treats you like you're the most precious thing in the world to him and I haven't seen him do that for anyone else. He smiles when he's with you more than with the guys. Jonghyun says he won't shut up about what both of you do together. Why won't you forget about Eunhyuk? Just because he kissed you doesn't mean you're obliged to be with him."
 
Scaling the stairs two by two thanks to her long legs, she stopped at Key's door with a soft knock. Hearing him mumble "come in" she pushed it open, finding him sitting on the edge of his bed with his phone in hand. Looking up he put it aside, standing up and moving to meet her.
 
"What's up?"
 
"Put your arms around my waist."
 
"What."
 
"Do it." The tall brunette snapped, taking his arms and snaking them around her own waist. Key blinked down at her in confusion, about to ask why she was doing this when he noticed her serious expression.
 
Sooyoung meanwhile, realized she was getting the same feeling from earlier only it seemed to be amplified even more. Shoving his hands away, she opened her own arms out and glanced up at him.
 
"Hug me."
 
"O...kay?" Awkwardly draping his arms around her, he rested his chin on her head as he normally would if they hugged. Sooyoung, however, couldn't seem to get rid of the feeling that bugged her when she was around him. She backed away, continuing to stare at him.
 
"What the heck are you doing?" Key laughed, crossing his arms.
 
"I have a question."
 
"Fire away."
 
"Are you jealous of Hyuk?"
 
"Huh?" He widened his eyes without noticing, opening and closing his mouth with no sound coming out of it. "Uh-"
 
"Yes or no, Key?"
 
"N-No?"
 
"Okay." The female of the two sighed, curling her hands as she asked her final question.
 
"Do you like me?"
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
{ A/N } i feel like my updates are confusing, i hope they aren't to you guys... ; ; also!! you guys are asking for me to bring in another girl (who i assume would be nicole) but i thought you wouldn't want me to because it's cliche since almost all of the sookey fics have plots like that. if you really want me to bring in another girl, comment and tell me!! and once again, thanks for subbing and reading!!