practice.

everybody but us

"Taemin! Careful!" Sooyoung shouted as she and Key walked in. The guy was on one foot on a ladder, trying to hang a banner above the dance room's stage. He looked over his shoulder before putting the last pin in place and coming down with a laugh.

 
"Soo, I'm fine. Do you know me to be clumsy?" Taemin snickered before tripping over a box near the foot of the ladder.
 
"Not clumsy at all." The female of the three shook her head before turning to Key. "What should we do?"
 
"Maybe we should look for Mr. Park." Just then the said teacher walked up to them, rifling through a clipboard.
 
"Ah, Key and Sooyoung. You both are performing. Tomorrow Lee Taeyoon is coming to speak to you all about careers in Dance and she'd like to see some of the talent from the class. Both of your dances should be about two minutes long, and the stereos in the back room are loaded with songs you can choose. Be done by about 6, okay? By then everyone should be done with setting up and I'll be able to assess your performances."
 
"So are we both working alone, or do we have partners?"
 
"Actually, Sooyoung, you will be working with Eunhyuk. He's waiting in the mirror room for you right now." With that Mr. Park nodded at them once and went over to check on the students in the sound booth.
 
"Hyuk? Aw, yay! I haven't spoken to that idiot in a while." The tall brunette giggled at the idea of working with her other close friend.
 
Key, meanwhile, remained silent. Little did he realize his fists were clenching by his sides as he forced a smile. "Great, I'll go practice while you look for Eunhyuk." He left without another word, leaving a confused Sooyoung behind to find her partner.
 
"HYUK!" She giddily ran towards him and jumped on his back.
 
"Oof, Soo...how much did you eat today?" Eunhyuk grunted as he let her down gently. 
 
"Key stuffed me with sandwiches lunchtime." She pouted and slid to the floor, beginning to do warm up stretches.
 
"Key, if you feed her anymore, she'll get fat." Eunhyuk laughed at the younger man in the room, who had an irritated expression on his face as he surfed through his stereo's playlist.
 
"Haha, yeah..." Key replied absentmindedly as he picked a song, playing it softly so he could still hear Eunhyuk and Sooyoung's conversa-wait. Why did he even care? Shaking it off, he turned up his volume.
 
"So what song?" Eunhyuk returned his attention to Soyoung, who pushed herself up from the floor. She shrugged, and leaned over their stereo.
 
"What about Harlem Shake?" She burst out laughing and Eunhyuk's jaw dropped in protest.
 
"I don't think Lee Taeyoon wants to see this." He burst into a series of spasms with his arms and legs, making her laugh again.
 
"Okay, okay...how about Adorn by...Miguel?" She looked up as she hit play, making the male of the two tilt his head with a slight nod.
 
"Not bad, it's not like too fast or slow, so it should work. And it'd be a good couple dance." The two set the song to replay automatically and faced each other. Eunhyuk smirked a bit before laughing. "We should make out after, huh?"
 
"YAH!" Key suddenly shouted, making the two glance at him as if he'd gone mad. "Uh, I thought I saw a....uh, a rat. I must be seeing things. Haha..." He awkwardly started his song again.
 
"Anyways." Sooyoung turned to her partner and shoved his face playfully. "Like I'd make out with you. You're too ugly."
 
"Ugly, huh? Well if I'm ugly, you're dumb." Their insults went on for at least two minutes until Sooyoung decided that they get down to business.
 
Meanwhile, in Key's corner, he was grumbling to himself as he did a few pops and locks before adjusting it to suit. His eyes shifted to Eunhyuk and Sooyoung's reflection in the mirror and he scoffed as he began to mock them.
 
"Oh, Hyuk, you're so dumb. You're lucky I love you hahahaha...Soo, don't be mean you know you love me aw, shut up..." 
 
By 5:30, the three were nearly finished with their dances. Okay, scratch that. Key was done with his dance and just kept practicing his routine over and over. Sooyoung and Eunhyuk were still stumped with an idea for their final move.
 
"We've gotten everything. We just need an ending." Sooyoung frowned as she repeated the last few steps they had decided on. Stopping abruptly in the middle of her body wave, she look at Eunhyuk, who was in the same stance that his final move had ended. "Where do we go from here?"
 
"We need something that'll be expected but it'll look really good." Eunhyuk pondered over his thought. At this time, Key was done with his dance and was quietly watching their reflection as he retied his laces casually.
 
Suddenly, Eunhyuk stretched out for the tall brunette's arm and pulled her so that she'd spin and end up in his arms, her hands pressed against his chest as he looked down at her.
 
"Okay, so the spin and then what...?" She glanced up and laughed when she realized they were extremely close.
 
"We make out." Eunhyuk dipped her with an exaggerated motion of him kissing her, their lips not really touching.
 
"YAH!" 
 
"Key, are you okay?" Sooyoung squinted at her best friend, returning to the previous position she and Eunhyuk were in.
 
"Y-Yeah, thought I saw another rat..." He laughed sheepishly and pretended to seem very engrossed in the controls on his stereo.
 
"All right then...so we're here, why don't we do a scenario where the girl is walking off," she showed the male of the two what she meant, "and then he pulls her back." She jerked her arm a bit for him to follow her lead, which he did. "And instead of violently making out, you dummy, we can end as if they're just about to kiss but we turn our faces away from the audience." The two ran over the entire ending until they broke away, considering it.
 
"Not bad. Simple but effective." Eunhyuk smiled, his gums hinting past his lips in the process. The action made the tall brunette grin herself, lifting her hand for a high five. "When do we make out, though?" And the hand goes down.
 
"There's not a day that goes by that you don't ask me that." She giggled as Mr. Park walked in.
 
"Done?"
 
"Done!" They finished their performances for the teacher, Key first. The other two sat in the corner near the mirrors, Sooyoung watching on with slightly open at the sight of Key moving flawlessly across the floor to Primary and Zion. T's "See Through". Eunhyuk sang along and bobbed his head a bit. Sooyoung started cheering when he began to break dance during the song's instrumental and he grinned, finishing with a slide across the floor on his knees. His chest heaved as he got up, awaiting Mr. Park's reaction.
 
"Very good, Key. That's perfect." The senior nodded and scratched something off the paper on his clipboard. "Now, Sooyoung and Eunhyuk."
 
The two nodded and moved to get up, Key taking their place on the floor. During the dance, he had to admit the two were amazing dancers and fit each other's style well. He was especially impressed when Eunhyuk lifted Sooyoung and managed to spin her around in a split second.
 
"They actually look really good," Key thought. "Well, Sooyoung does. For once. Eunhyuk is always good. Wait, why is he running his hands all over her? WHY DOES SHE LOOK LIKE SHE'S ENJOYING IT? WHY IS SMIRKING AT HIM LIKE THAT. WHY DID MR. PARK HAVE TO PICK EUNHYUK TO DANCE WITH HER AND NOT M-" He stopped himself mid-thought. "Uh. I don't care. She can dance with him, she's my best friend I don't care. Nope. Why should I care?"
 
"That was really good, all of you." Mr. Park continued once they were done. "Just keep practicing and you'll be perfect tomorrow, yeah? Most of the other students have already gone home and they're done setting up the main room and the sound booth. You can have a look around and the janitor will lock up." They nodded as he made his way to the teacher's parking lot. Eunhyuk turned to the other two, sighing a bit.
 
"Well, I better get going. My mom needs help at her bakery so I'll see you around, yeah?" With that he ruffled Sooyoung's hair a bit to make her giggle and nodded at Key before walking down the hall.
 
"Why do you let him ruffle your hair but you get mad when I do?" Key pouted and crossed his arms.
 
"Because he's my other best friend. And I'd treat him differently from you, duh. You're the dumb best friend I'd never like." She chuckled, pinching his cheek and making him whine.
 
"Does that mean you like Eunhyuk?" He asked suddenly, biting his tongue as he did.
 
"No, of course not. Is someone jealous?" She grinned, poking his stomach.
 
"Ew, let's just go to my place." He shoved her and burst out laughing as she stumbled into a nearby locker.
 
"KIM KIBUM!"
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
{ A/N } Thanks for all the recent subs I'm like crying right now all of you are so cute thank you for the views and subs, keep 'em coming yeah? And remember no one likes silent readers... ; ;