spin the bottle.

everybody but us

"Spin the bottle!" Jessica spun in a circle on the floor, hugging her knees to her chest as she came to a stop. The others followed her lead and surrounded the empty soju bottle on the floor. Thankfully, Yoona had convinced them not to open any more than one bottle until after the game to make sure they didn't do anything regretful. The girls sat one one half with the boys across from them, each slowly becoming more and more intoxicated.

 
Except Key, that is. He had insisted on not drinking since if anything happened in his house, he would be responsible. Deep down he never really liked drinking, as he thought it wasn't good for him and was secretly thankful that Sooyoung was the same and kept it a secret between the two. Speaking of which, the tall brunette crept up behind him, draping her arms over his shoulders to backhug him and rest her chin on his shoulder.
 
"Come on!" She jerked her hands a bit, making him straighten up from his seat in the kitchen and take her hand as they entered the living room where the others were waiting. Unknowingly still holding hands, they let out a collective "Ooh~" as the remarks came flying.
 
"Aw, you're holding hands!" Yuri clasped her own hands together happily.
 
"Here comes the happy couple now." Jonghyun hiccuped.
 
"Did you guys have a quickie in the kitchen when we were all here?" Minho burst out laughing, earning a round of high fives from the other guys and muffled giggles from the girls.
 
The male of the two rolled his eyes, immediately letting go of Sooyoung's hand. Finding a seat between Taemin and Minho he crossed his arms, scoffing as they shoved him side to side.
 
"You guys are drunk and have no idea what you're saying."
 
"And you guys, shut up." Sooyoung groaned as she took a seat at the edge of the circle, crossng her own arms. "You're not drunk, so don't start the couple jokes. Best friends. Now let's play."
 
Key remained silent from his spot as the others cheered in agreement, biting the inside of his cheek as he heard her say 'best friend'. Usually, the title would make him light up with a big grin or he'd nod at whatever she said if it was brought up, but at that point it hit him like a ounch in the stomach and he felt hollow and a bit disappointed. Shrugging it off and practically forgetting his talk with Jonghyun from earlier, he stuck his foot in the middle of the circle and kicked it gently, causing it to stop in front of Yoona.
 
"Spin, kid."
 
The youngest girl laughed and wrapped her hand around the bottle's neck, twisting it and watching as it spun to fall on Jonghyun.
 
"Wait, if the person has a boyfriend or girlfriend, then they won't lip-kiss, right? Because Jessica might rip my hair out if I lock lips with her boyfriend." Yoona cackled as the older girl rolled her eyes, nudging her towards the wasted male.
 
"Yeah, yeah. Just hold your breath or you'll be drowned in the scent of soju coming out of his stupid mouth."
 
She nodded with another laugh and leaned forward, dropping a kiss on Jonghyun's cheek before patting it and returning to her seat. Taemin looked over at her with a chuckle, shaking his head as she shrugged in reply. Jonghyun shakily spun the bottle meanwhile, landing on the 'love of his life'.
 
"Kiss me babe." He leaned forward to meet Jessica, who burst out laughing at his open-mouthed, hazy-eyed expression before capturing his lips in a cute peck that made the others groan in mock disgust.
 
"Jealous?" She grinned, absentmindedly the taste of soju from her bottom lip as she turned the bottle. It rounded the group until it fell on Onew, who began stammering and babbling like an idiot.
 
"Uh, J-Jessica, you don't have to I mean no one wants to kiss me anyways and I don't think that it's that big a deal I mean it's just a game and I-" His ramble was cut off by a pair of lips pressed to his cheek, making him widen his eyes and shut his mouth. "I'll shut up."
 
His ridiculous expression made them all burst into laughter and he glared at them half-heartedly, stretching to spin when a knock came from the front door. Sooyoung, who was closest to it, pushed herself off of the ground and went to open it, a squeal escaping her lips at the sight of Taeyeon.
 
"Tae, what are you doing here?" She noticed how the older girl was shivering a bit and realized she was walking in the light rain that was falling. "Come in, I'll close the door." Shutting the door behind them both, the tall brunette turned to the others, answering their confused expressions. "Guys, you know Taeyeon, right? From school?"
 
They all gave warm hellos with which she responded with a smile of her own and a small wave, turning back to her friend.
 
"I didn't think it would rain so that might explain why I look like a wet dog." Giggling, she held out the book in her hand. "You left this at the swimming pool earlier, I dunno if it fell out of your bag? And I remember you said you were at Key's so here I am."
 
"Do you wanna stay until it stops raining and Key and I can take you home? We're just playing spin the bottle with nothing better to do." Sooyoung took the textbook from her with a grateful smile, motioning for her to sit in the group. "We have another player, guys and gals."
 
Onew was frozen in his position, hovering over the bottle until he returned to his senses and fell over, making them all laugh at him. Straightening up, one laugh stood out to him: Taeyeon's. He had always seen her around campus but was always too shy to approach her as she was popular just like him and his friends, but with another group. Shrugging it off he spun, secretly crossing his fingers and screaming internally as the tip pointed to Taeyeon herself.
 
"Oh, you don't have to...I just got here." Taeyeon smiled sheepishly, her voice lowering as she became shyer at the thought of kissing Onew. She had never kissed anyone before, even in a game as silly as this. Truth be told she had found Onew to be quite attractive but never acted upon it as her friends usually called him 'ugly' and 'weird' and she didn't want to risk earning those titles himself.
 
The others leaned forward in their seats, anticipating the kiss they knew Onew was dying inside for, Sooyoung being the only one who knew how the female of the two felt. They both leaned towards each other, their eyes closing at the same moment as their lips met; each of them relishing in the euphoric feeling of the other's lips. The rest of them cooed in delight, happy for the two as they broke apart with blushes staining their cheeks. Taeyeon slid the bottle to Sooyoung, realizing the others were staring at her with curious expressions.
 
"I just got here, I'll fall in eventually." She shrugged and they nodded, turning to the other girl.
 
"If I get Minho I'm going to cry."
 
"Why?" Yuri piped up.
 
"He's gross!" She giggled and twisted her wrist, focusing on the bottle as it turned in circles longer than any of the spins before. Ignoring as the girls whispered to themselves over how it should be Key, she watched it slow to a stop and lifted her eyes to meet...
 
"K-Key...?"
 
- - - - - - - - - - -
{A/N} Sorry for taking forever cries hope you're not disappointed!!