Chapter 20 - The End

Troublemaker

“That was nice of you,” says Dae Hyun as blood spurts from a beheaded enemy on the game.
You smile as you throw a grenade, which makes the screen viciously shake for effect.  
“Nice of what?” you question, raising en eyebrow.
“You know, that kid.” he says as he averts his eyes from the screen and to your face.
You laugh because he dies on the game.
“It’s been a while since I was last called nice,” you say, still focused on killing.

“Nice is,” he says, dropping the controller and leaning in to you.
You were unaware of how close your faces where until your lips touched. His hand touches the back of your head, and he tilts his head slightly. At first you were surprised, but, you felt something else. That something you felt was like hunger; the more you got, the more you wanted. A delicious addiction. Your hands naturally slide to his shoulder, and you grip onto his shirt.

You scoot closer, until your breaths are sharing the same air. You can feel the corners of his lips rise, not breaking your deep kisses. Soon he pulls away, and you were glad he did, otherwise you would’ve never stopped.
“Is that.” he finishes his sentence with a smirk.
Before you catch yourself enjoying it, Minwoo flashes in your mind. You feel a sharp pang of guilt in your chest. Maybe even pity.
“I-I have a boyfriend,” you stutter, averting eye contact.
“It didn’t seem like it when I was kissing you,” he says with a smile, which sends your heart aflutter.
You shake your head resistantly. No, I can’t do that to Minwoo. And I won’t.

You get up to your feet abruptly, and declare that you are leaving. As you take your first step out of his room, you feel his hand wrap around your wrist, and your steps falter slightly. Tears threaten to break from your eyes, and you keep your head down low.
“Choose one,” he says before letting you go.

...

Choose one? I’m Minwoo’s freaking girlfriend, of course I would choose him. I would, right? As the highschool seniors receive their graduation certificate on stage, you see Minwoo accept his award with the his usual easy-going smile. Your cold glare latches onto his eyes, and his smile falters, for a split second, and then returns back to his grin.

As you watch his footsteps go off the stage, Dae Hyun’s words linger in your mind, and even the pressure of his hand on your wrist is imprinted in your memory. Choose one. You grit your teeth.

 




How long has it been? It’s been at least a year since Minwoo graduated into a university overseas. Somewhere in a place called New York. Somewhere that is not Korea. You take a deep breath.

*Flashback*

“I know, I know,” he says, his hands resting on your shoulders.
Tears roll on your red cheeks. You feel the warmth of his palm caress your face.
“Y-You don’t have to leave,” you stammer through your sobs.
He hushes you and pulls you into your arms. You rest your head on his chest, gripping onto his shirt. After his graduation, he told you he was moving overseas to continue his studies. Overseas. Far from here. Too far from here.

“You’re strong, Yuri-ah,” he says to you, fixing the hair off your face.
You look up and stare into his eyes, which used to be distant, but now looks at you with warmth. He smiles, and this time you know he means it, because otherwise you wouldn’t feel pain throbbing in your heart. His soft eyes gazes gently into yours, and you feel as if winter never existed; like there was no such thing of ‘cold’.
“You can forget me,” he says before hugging you tightly. “You can, I know you can.”
You don’t say anything—you can’t.
“Besides, it’s always been Dae Hyun, hasn’t it?” he says, forcing eye contact with you.
His smile looks sad. It hurts. Everything hurts.
“We were just playing around, after all,” he says lightly, before you feel his lips press onto your forehead.
You close your eyes and wish that the moment lasts forever. But it doesn’t.

*End of flashback*

As you walk through the garden, inhaling the fresh scent of blooming flowers and listening to the silent rustle of leaves, you hold on tightly onto his hand. You look at his face, the sharp jawline, plump lips, dark eyes and the corner of his lips rise, and you feel yourself smile in return. You squint your eyes from the bright, but warm sunlight, and you feel hands wrap around your back. You feel the familiar weight of his body, and he became your gravity in this world. With the corner of your eyes, you see his ashen blonde hair, which tickles your neck as he rests his head on your shoulder. You can not help but giggle softly.

When Minwoo left, he became yours, and you to him. With his gentle voice, your heart melted, and his soft gaze on you sent your heart aflutter. In a time of darkness, he suddenly became your light. He made you feel love, for the first time. Through the year, you created memories together and you remembered; how his snowball hit the back of your head, how tired you felt when you chased each other, how hard he laughed whenever he killed you in a game, how his arms wrapped around your waist, how he smiled when your lips touched, how he loved you, and how you loved him.

And now, he was behind you, his lips brushing against your warm cheeks. He wraps his scarf around you, and the warmth of his hand wraps around your hands.
“I love you,” he tells you.
“I love you too, Jung Dae Hyun.” you tell him before tip toeing to bring your lips to his.
Let’s spend an eternity together.


/wipes sweat from forehead; collapses on the ground/
Oh, my, goodness. It’s so cheesy, I can EAT IT.
Mianhe, mianhe, I made you guys wait for SO long!
I’m really, really sorry if my story was lacking in anything, and I understand if it was. Please do not hesitate to provide me with some constructive criticism on my writing!
/kneels on the ground before you; bows/
Thank you for reading! Thank you, thank you! It really does mean a lot!!!
And so, this is the end of our little journey, my cute, little readers.

I am currently writing a sequel to my fanfiction ‘Broken Promise’, so if you want to check it out, nobody’s stopping you!!!
Broken Promise:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/479609/broken-promise-chunji-romance-teentop-zelo-leechanhee-bap-choijunhong

Coma (Sequel to Broken Promise):
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/512758/coma-sequel-of-broken-promise-chunji-romance-teentop-you-zelo-himchan-bap


/salutes/
Until next time, peace out~