Chapter 10 - The Date

Troublemaker

Your POV:
You walk back home with Minwoo holding your hand. As you stare at him, he smiles innocently at you, but it’s still too hard for you to smile back, and he detects that hesitation. You walk into your house, and when you turn your back, he stands at your gate waving you goodbye.

You sigh as you lie down on your bed, staring at the ceiling. Minwoo is amazingly skinny, maybe even just as skinny as you, and even just as tall. He is gentle, sweet, and caring, and even if he is your boyfriend, you still don’t know much about him. Comparing him to Niel... Niel is gentle, just as him, naive, loud and funny. He can be protective and sweet as well. When Niel is nervous, his body posture is straight and he stand very still, with his hands firmly on his side, and he purses his thick lips. You even know a lot of his past. It’s funny how you know more about a random guy instead of your boyfriend.

Compared to Niel, Minwoo was a distant stranger, always smiling. But Minwoo was perfect, and he liked you. Someone so amazing actually liked you—an ice cold princess. He made you feel happy, to a certain degree, and he made you feel like you were special, to a certain degree.

But... why me? Of all the people, why did he choose you: a normal high school girl who was a year younger than him. Why didn’t he choose someone else? What was it about you? No Minwoo, I want to know more about you. Just then, as if on queue, you received a text message.

Minwoo
3:23PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Hey. Do you want to go out tomorrow, maybe watch a movie?

Yuri
3:23PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Okay.


Finally, it was your first date ever. You only raise an eyebrow, waiting patiently for his reply; which would hopefully provide details of the date. It would be quite inconvenient if he did not already plan it ahead of time.

Minwoo
3:24PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Come at 2PM in front of V-Cinema tomorrow. I hope to see your pretty face there~


My life is just like a movie, too typical. You sigh as you re-read the text message again. Is it normal to be unmoved and even disgusted from such a sweet text? Maybe it was normal, for an ice-cold heart.

...

He stands outside the cinema doors, wearing a casual black shirt with a red varsity jacket. He wears skinny black jeans which makes his chicken-like legs look even skinner and he wears a red cap. You see him blush when as you silently approach him in your attire.

You wear a cute, oversized white jumper with maroon leggings. On your feet you wear black chucks, and your hair is decorated with a white ribbon. Your expression lights up a bit when you see Minwoo, but quickly returns to a straight face, not wanting to look in the slightest way pleased about this date.

It really was just like a movie. Minwoo had his arm around you, and even sometimes whispered in a flirty voice into your ear. But it was nothing special. Your heart didn’t beat like crazy, like how you expected it to. In fact, you felt calm. Is this what it’s supposed to be like...? Only a while ago, close to how a normal teenager would act, you were 'jumping with joy', but now, you felt nothing. How boring.

You walk next to him, gazing at him every now and then. His skin was porcelain, clear, and soft, and it was a bit embarrassing because his skin was smoother than yours. Your hands reach to squeeze your chin, and you pout, slightly jealous of Minwoo. He queues in a long line of the ice-cream stand, and you smile to yourself, mocking him, because he is the skinniest person there.

“What flavour?” he turns his head to ask you. You wipe the smile off your face just in time.
“Vanilla.” you state
“Eh, I like chocolate.” he replies, sticking his tongue out at you. He hands the coins into the palms of the person at the counter and takes the two ice-cream cones in his hands, handing one to you.
You take it.

You your vanilla ice-cream happily, satisfied with the cold taste of the cream under the battering heat of the sun. As you take your last bite into the crunchy crust of the cone, and you sigh, thinking how delicious and utterly satisfying that meal was.