Chapter 9 - Evil Angel

Troublemaker

Even after the long day, (sports carnival) you find yourself eating lunch, with Minwoo laughing with Mi-yung sitting beside you. Minwoo invited her to eat lunch with the group. Niel eyes you, and it is glaringly obvious that you feel jealous, and he even detects a pang of guilt throbbing within you.

Niel POV:
She sits there, her eyes focused on Minwoo only. Even if she’s jealous, Lee Mi-yung and her seem to share a very tense relationship. Maybe they knew each other from the past...? Yuri looks very beautiful when she’s mad though...

Maybe it’s not a bad thing that she only looks at Minwoo. Because I can stare at her more. From the corner of your eye, you see Mi-yung touch Minwoo’s shoulder. Yuri turns away and tries hard to not look too affected, but to your eyes, she miserably fails.

“No Minwoo, I want to talk to you for a bit,” you say to him. “Sorry, girls, could we leave you for a moment?”
“No problem.” replies Mi-yung.
“Sure.” answers Yuri a few seconds after.

You shove Minwoo’s shoulders aggressively, to show him you are serious and that you mean business.
“Niel... Why are you suddenly so violent?” he asks, rubbing his shoulder in surprise. I’m not usually like this.
“You do know your actions are hurting your girlfriend. You know that, right?” you spit out.
He stands still for a while, looking at you.
“Is she... jealous?” he asks, finally realizing.
“Aish, pabo, Of course she is!” you yell at him. I’m not usually so short tempered.
“I’m sure you would want to be in my position, you know.” he replies, with a cold smirk taking over his mouth. No Minwoo, this is the first time I’ve seen you look so mean... “I know you like Yuri. It’s obvious. I only wanted to get closer to Mi-yung for the sake of making her jealous.”
“You—” you attempt to yell at him but he only continues talking.
“And I thought, if you came and scolded me, then you really do like Yuri.” he says, with an evil grin. Evil. “I like Yuri too, that’s why she’s my girlfriend. Mi-yung was nothing but a tool to me. I’m finished with that girl, and soon, I will be finished with you.”
He walks away, who nudges your shoulder as he walks past you, and you are left with an awestruck expression.

He’s... he’s evil! He is a user. What if he hurts Yuri? What do I do then? You stand there, mouth gaped wide open. The wind blows roughly against your face and your curly hair flows wildly in the wind. Otoke... (What do I do...)

You walk back into the canteen, and you see Minwoo gently smiling, with his arms wrapped around Yuri, who is blushing.
“Ah, you just came back from the toilets?” asked Mi-yung.
Poor Mi-yung... She got tricked by the devil.
“Ah, yeah.” you lie.

For the rest of the day, Yuri and Minwoo act all lovey-dovey around each other. Mi-yung, who instead of feeling jealous, just stares at your expression, which you don’t realize.