Chapter 11 - Stay Here

Troublemaker

No Minwoo POV:
She stretches her arms and legs and waits for you to finish your chocolate ice-cream. This is the first girl that I have gone out with that chose her own flavour of ice-cream, instead of saying, ‘What ever you want, oppa!’. You hated the typical girls that were like this, but Yuri was... different. Yet, you felt no love driven feelings for her—you wanted to keep pushing her until she would break. How much do I have to push?

She had a bit of ice-cream stained on her lips, and you, wanting to boost up the romance to make her fall in love with you, decide to scoot closer to her.
“Yah, you have ice-cream on your lips.” you say to her, pointing to your lips to show her where to wipe. Normally, girls would blush, act cute and super embarrassed. But she wipes her lip, but in the wrong area of where the stain is. You laugh at her mockingly.
“What are you laughing at?!” she stands, furious.
You pull her back to sit. Your face moves closer to hers, and your hand reaches to wipe .

Suddenly, her dark, cold brown eyes latch onto you, and her fierce expression sends your heart aflutter. What...? I’m the one supposed to be playing with her. You lift her chin and kiss her; as passionately as you usually do. Kissing was nothing to you, but you can see her eyes widen, and she kicks you in the shin. Hard.

The pain is blinding, and sends a sharp sensation to your entire body. She stands up and her aura emits a strong sense of coldness. Well, that didn’t work, you thought as you stood up, half smirking half wincing in pain. Her expression shows no surprise, and she doesn’t even turn red. She appears to be bored, even.

Your POV:
That was close, I would’ve ruined my reputation of being mean. You cross your arms and pat his head mockingly.
“Doggies should not love their masters in that way.” you smile fakely at him.
“Tch,” he replies, and he wears an expression that you have never seen him wear before.
You step back, surprised that the stranger in front of you is No Minwoo. He has a cold, piercing glare, just like yours, and his smile is menacing. Pure evil. You smile in pleasant surprise.

You both seem to have attracted the attention of everyone walking past. They all whisper amongst themselves, thinking how compatible you both seem. Both standing straight, fierce and mature—the perfect couple.

“I want to protect your smile, no matter what the cost.” he says, trying to flirt with you.
You touch his sharp jawline, and tiptoe to whisper into his ear, flirting with him in return.
“Then give me a reason to smile.” you smile and turn your head the other direction.
You walk back home, happy that you have finally found someone worthy to play around with. A new playmate, you think. No Minwoo seems to be thinking the same thing.

You were both troublemakers, seeking nothing but enjoyment in a relationship. Not the innocent type of happiness, where everything was sweet and filled with happiness, but an evil type of enjoyment; one with cheating, one with heartbreaks. Why did you both seek such an menacing thing? Maybe because it was, to put it simply: fun to toy around with people’s emotions.

Your arrive in your bedroom, which smells of the new freshener you bought in the shops two days ago. Cherry blossoms. You sharply inhale the scent, and you flop onto your bed. Say... I haven’t texted Niel in a while.

Yuri
6:36PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Niel... I’m bored and hungry.

Niel
6:37PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Come over to my place— I have ice-cream cake~~~ Here’s the address: xxxxxxxx

Yuri
6:38PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Okay then. Await me, ice-cream.


Ice-cream, ice-cream, was all you could think of as you rode your old bicycle down the pathway. After a short cycle, you park your bike and tie it to a post. There was his house. What am I doing anyway? Aren’t I supposed to be the cold, mean one? How did Niel ‘break’ my facade? Well, he almost did, I have to try and act normal again.
“Yah, I’m here.” you declare on the intercom.
The huge pearly gates slowly swing open, and you get a proper view of his house. Not house, more like mansion. Perfectly trimmed green hedges lead to large double doors. You can’t help but gasp and look around curiously, your greedy eyes taking in the grandeur and beauty of the place.

As you take a step inside, you remember something that was really important. Damn, I forgot to do my maths homework. You’ve been putting it off for so long, so instead of sitting underneath the bedroom lamp working on through your maths equations, you end up in Ahn Daniel’s mansion. What exactly am I doing here? Did I really want ice-cream, or did I want something else...?

Drowning in your thoughts, Niel lays a hand on your shoulder and you jump out of surprise.
“Look!” he exclaims, holding something in his hands. “Ice-cream cake!”
You brighten at the ice-cream, but try to keep your calm expression.
“Good, I’m hungry.” you state.
“Eh, don’t act, I know you’re jumping in joy!” he teases.
Wait... he say through me? Your eyes widen in shock, and you quickly find an excuse to leave.

“Look, I actually need to go. I don’t even know what I’m doing here.” you say in a somewhat depressed tone.
His eyes widen just as yours did before. With his free hand, he grabs your wrist to keep you from leaving.
“Don’t leave me.” he says.
“I need to do my maths homework.” you refute, even if you know you’re going to have a hell lot of trouble to go through pages of work.
“I can tutor you.” he quickly replies.

You consider his proposal for a few seconds. I can do it myself, can’t I?
“What? You think I’m stupid?” you spit out at him before you slam the double doors shut behind you. Only a few seconds later, you feel your phone vibrate in your pocket.

Niel
6:59PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
I’m sorry, I just thought you needed my help... I didn’t want you to leave like that. This is the first time I’ve ever been in a fight with a friend, I don’t know what to do. I’m really sorry...

Yuri
7:02PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Whatever, it was nothing. I don’t mind if I could still get those tutoring lessons.

Niel
7:03PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Ah, you really want my tutoring help? Sure, we should plan a time and date. How about tomorrow straight after school?

Yuri
7:04PM
Friday, 14 June, 2013
Okay.


You flop lazily onto your bed, and you could almost hear your sigh echo through the hallways of your house. You lived alone. Your dad was working overseas, and the last memory you have of your mum was when she decided to jump in front of a train. You close your eyes and silently count to 10, trying to forget. Try to forget. Try.

1... “Eomma, (Mum,) what are you doing?”
2...
3... “Shhh... I’m going okay? Stay right here.”
4...
5... “Eomma, (Mum,) when you come back, can we have ice-cream?”
6... “Of course we can, but you have to promise me you will stay right here.”
7... “I promise, I'll stay right here!”
8...
9... “Goodbye, Yuri. I love you, always remember that.”
10... "W-What? EOMMA?! (MUM?!)"

Stay...