A Date with Luhan

Their Mascot

Luhan’s date

            When Luhan entered the room he was surprised to see me wrapped in Xiumin’s arms.  “Hey!  Xiumin!  What are you doing?”
            I rubbed my eyes as Xiumin sat up.  “What is it Luhan?”

            “Why are you sleeping in the same bed as Susanna-chan?”  He said still sounding upset.  He looked upset.  He was fully dressed and looking preppy.

            “Because my bed is big enough for both of us.”  Xiumin stretched and yawned.  He got up and walked across the hall towards the bathroom.

            “Hey!  I’m not done yelling yet!”  Luhan shouted after him.

            “Save it, and take SueSue down to get some breakfast, if there’s any left.”  Xiumin shut the bathroom door behind him.

            Luhan turned to me.  He was wearing khakis and a light blue button down shirt with a sweater tied around his shoulders.  “Are you alright?”

            I nodded, sitting up.  “What time is it?”

            “It’s eleven! Almost noon!  What were you two doing?”  He shouted, still concerned.  He seemed to think that we, uh…

            “Sleeping, Oppa,”  I said, looking him in the eyes, trying to convince him that Xiumin hadn’t put any moves on me.  “XiuminGeGe’s room is cold so we cuddled.”

            “Oh,” Luhan relaxed.  I guess it helped that I called him Oppa.  “I guess cuddling is nice,” He shifted awkwardly.  “I don’t know if you remember, but today you’re with-“

            “I remember, Oppa,” I sat up straight and nodded cutely, I didn’t want him to be mad with me or Xiumin.  “I’m with Luhan Oppa today!”

            He smiled happily at me, “The sausage is all gone, but there’s still fruit loops I think.  Let’s go downstairs?”  He offered his hand I let him lead me to the kitchen.

            Once I had finished eating, he sat down across from me.  “I have our whole day planned out, Sue-chan.”  I nodded as I put my dirty bowl in the sink and returned to the seat in front of him.

            “Where are we going?”

            “Well, first thing’s first, I’m going to take you out to get some new clothes.  You can’t wear Xiumin’s stuff forever.” I nodded in agreement and sipped my water.  “Then I’m going to take you to the river and we can walk around.”

            “Sounds like fun!”  I replied.  “How far are we away from downtown?”

            He smiled back at me, seeming glad that I liked his plan.  “About thirty to fourty five minutes by car, of course it depends on traffic.”

            Traffic was very congested.   It took nearly an hour.  But we passed the time by channel surfing on the radio sometimes singing along to songs other times turning the volume down and observing the people in the cars around us.

            When we finally found a parking space and got down to the street level shops it was two in the afternoon.  He bought me a grey sweater with a cute watermelon on it, which I wore out.  He also purchased a long sleeve t-shirt with a daisy design on it, a pair of purple shorts, cute striped leggings, and black jeans.  We also picked out a couple silly outfits for the other to try on.

            Then we started going into the cute accessory stores.  He had one of his ears pierced and we found a cool looking black stud earring that he liked.  I didn’t have my ears pierced, which he said made me seem so young and fresh.  I told him the fact he had his ear pierced made him seen old and wilted.

            We took a walk down by the river and sat on a bench and people watched.  He came up with pretty believable stories about passerby’s.  I liked to make mine elaborate and he cracked up whenever I started to describe their family tree.

            While we were walking back to his car, his phone rang.  “Hello?”

            We stopped and I took the opportunity to stand in front of an add and read it completely.  After all, someone puts a lot of thought into them and everyone just walks by them.

            “No, I didn’t realize it was past seven.”  Luhan said to the person who called him.  “Yes it’s dark out, we were walking by the river.”  He laughed.  “Her?  She’s fine!  We had a lot of fun and I got her some new clothes.  Do you need to talk to her?”

            I walked back to him, curious who had called him.  I guessed that it was one of his friends from the house.  “Sounds like you’re within Kris’s earshot.  Can’t let him know that you’re concerned can we?  Well, we’ll be back soon.”  He smiled at me.  “Well tell Sehun we can go out to play tomorrow.  Bye, I’m hanging up now.”

            “Is Sehun mad?” I asked as we began walking again.

            Luhan linked his arm in mine.  “He’s just jealous that I’m spending time with you.  He wanted to go out to see the new superhero movie, but we can do that tomorrow.”

            When we got home, nobody really seemed to notice we’d been gone a long time.  We grabbed the some left-over lasagna and went to the couch room on the second floor.

            “Susanna, you’re looking good,”  Said Lay with a wink.  Tonight they seemed to each be doing their own thing.  Lay was reading a magazine and D.O. was reading a book.

            Kai looked up from his laptop.  “You look good enough to eat,”  He said with a smirk.  The others just laughed.

            Xiumin came down the steps, “I thought I heard you guys come in.  Oh SueSue, you look so cute!”  He walked up and gave me a great big bear hug.   “Did you have fun with our Luhan?”

            I nodded, “We went down to the river.”

            “How fun!”  Xiumin said as he took a seat next to Lay and grabbed a magazine from the coffee table.  “What other clothes did you buy?”

            Luhan dug into the bag to show him.  Lay interrupted.  “How did it feel to walk around for a long time?  Any dizziness or pain?”

            I shook my head.  Luhan and I brought the clothes to Xiumin.  “Oh this is cute,”  He said about the daisy shirt.  “Purple shorts, how festive, and what pretty tights?”

            “Leggings,” corrected Sehun, whom I had not noticed sneak into the room.  “They’re the only trendy thing she bought.”

            “Luhan Oppa bought it for me,”  I shyly said.  “Thank you Oppa!”

            Luhan smiled, taking the seat next to D.O.  “I think the pieces she chose were cute.  It matches her bright personality.  Does anyone have the newspaper, I want to try the crossword puzzle.”

            Sehun passed it to him and they began working on it.  I grabbed the comics and read the headlines.  Eventually the guys began to drift off in the various directions to bed.

            Luhan’s bedroom was in the basement and he only had a single bed, which he let me use.  He slept on the couch in the lounge outside the room.  He was quite a gentleman.