Lost (Part2)

Their Mascot

Lost (Part II)

I decided to try to walk back to the market and try again.  On my way back I noticed a cool looking antique shop that was calling my name. 

            It was dim inside and an old man greeted me over his newspaper.  He invited me to look around and told me that most people found treasures that way.

            “Thank you,” I told him as I began to wander into the aisles of stuff.

            “No problem young lady, just take your time,” He replied.  “I don’t close until six thirty.”

            There was a little bit of everything.  I quickly spotted a cool necklace that I wanted to get for luhan, it was a gold-ish color circle on a chain.  Simple, but it fit his style.  I found a funny pair of sunglasses that were bright green and sparkly.  I found a mirror and upon trying them on, discovered that it made your eyes look big and weren’t all that sun-sheilding at all.  I thought Xiumin might like them, so I got him that.  Then I saw a porcelain unicorn.  I couldn’t help but laugh at the memory of Lay introducing himself as a healing unicorn.  I found a small piggy bank for Baekhyun, a pun on his name which sounded like bacon if you said it quickly.  I got Chanyeol a picture of a giraffe, which really resembled him.  I don’t know why, maybe the spots on the giraffe looked like his eyebrows?  And I got Sehun a mug that said “I’m fab” on it.  I figured he’d like that.

            Hey, where was Sehun?  I thought he’d find me by now.  I guessed I was winning.  I purchased the items and still had five dollars left.  The nice old man gave me the porcelain items as a two for one, since I was so pretty.  I thanked him and said goodbye.

            He was getting ready to close up, so it must have been after six.  The sun was setting, I really needed to head to a library or indoor mall so Sehun could hurry up and find me.

            Figuring that an aerial view was my best shot at locating a subway station quickly, I climbed up the fire escape of one of the apartment buildings.  Despite all that effort, I couldn’t locate the subway station.   I did however, see the marketplace that I had wandered around.

            I hurried in that direction, arms wrapped across my chest.  It was getting colder.  I really hoped Sehun would find me soon.  I was hungry again, too.  I stumbled a couple times, but I made it.  The marketplace was abandoned, all the shops were closed.

            Just my luck.  I climbed another fire escape.  This time I picked a taller building, to ensure that I would find a station.  By the time I reached the top, I was feeling light headed.  I sat down on against the metal railing to catch my breath.

            Maybe running away and hiding in a completely unfamiliar city with only twenty dollars was a bad idea.  Who would have thought?

            Honestly, after sitting for a couple minutes, I wasn’t feeling any better.  So I put the handle of the antique store bag around my wrist and pulled myself onto the roof.  Where the hell was I?

            The sun was setting fast and it was getting almost too dark to see.  “,” I cursed as I tripped over a pile of metal rods, falling to my hands and knees.

            I guessed I had walked too much, that Lay was right to still be checking on me.  “I’m such an idiot.”  There was no way I was going to be able to walk to the subway station like this, much less make it down the fire escape.

            “So you admit it,” came a male voice from behind me.  I looked up.  Double .

            “It’s alright clumsy girl,” He said as he stepped closer.  If I wasn’t mistaken, I thought that was- Kai.  Triple .

            “How did you get way out here?”  He asked, crouching next to me and looking me up and down.  “This part of town is no place for a clumsy girl like you, especially at night.”

            I tried to find my voice.  “It’s a long story, Kai.  I’m glad I ran into you, you see.  I’m hopelessly lost.”

            “Oh really?”  He said, “Does anyone else know where you are?”

            “Well, I’m playing the hide and find game with Sehun, except he hasn’t found me,” My voice was high and weak.  Golly, I sure sounded unafraid didn’t I?

            “So you ran away from your guardian of the day?”  Kai smiled at me, but it wasn’t a friendly smile. It was the smile of a predator.

            “He said it was a game you guys played,” I explained, talking too quickly.  “One person runs off into the city and the another tries to find them by figuring out where they’d go.  I figured if I didn’t know where I was going, Sehun wouldn’t know either.”

            “Ooh, being unusual, unpredictable,” he purred, leaning closer to me.

            “You should try that,” came another voice.  Kai and I both looked up startled.  It was Chanyeol.

            He looked at his watch.  “And you only had four and a half hours to go.  You know you always go to the rooftops to watch the sunset.”  He shook his head and hopped down off the side of the building.  “Too predictable.”

            He smiled at me as he came towards us.  “And here is miss unpredictable herself.  Why on earth did you let Sehun off easy in his babysitting duties?  He’s a clever one, you have to watch him like a cat.”

            I felt like a fool, and like I was going to pass out.  “I don’t know.  Were you guys finding hide and find too?”

            Kai laughed dryly.  “We call it ‘Cover your tracks’ and yes we were.  I just lost, in case you didn’t figure it out.”

            “I knew that much, it was a rhetorical question.”  I tried to stand, stumbling again.

            “We should get her home, Kai,” Chanyeol said with concern.  “She doesn’t look well.  Are you dizzy, Susanna?”

            I nodded and he came and offered his hand.

            “We need to get Lay to look at her.  Kai, we need to go home.  Now.  Gosh, how are we going to do this, I mean, we can’t just go there go there.  But we need to bring her back-“  He pulled me up and I tried to stand but the world was spinning and I was exhausted.