Voted Upon

Their Mascot

Voted Upon

            I woke up late the next morning.  Rubbing my eyes and standing up, I was pleased to find that my balance seemed to be getting closer to normal.  I walked downstairs to the kitchen where I heard the clatter of pots and pans.

            As I walked in, the bright haired Lay turned and smiled.   He spun towards me and offered me a frying pan.  “Good morning Susanna, I hope you are feeling refreshed.”

            Taking the pan, puzzled, I replied, “I am, thank you.”

            “Good ‘cause you don’t look it,” He turned back to the counter where he seemed to be preparing some pancake batter.  “I’m making breakfast.”

            I looked down at myself.  I was wearing the same clothes that I had worn on the bus.  Oh well, I just hoped I didn’t smell rancid.

            Lay apparently noticed my self-examination.  “I picked up some new clothes while we were out.  You can go change in my room.  The smell of bacon will cover up your lovely aroma, so don’t worry about that.”

            So he was the mean teasing sort.  I just grabbed the paper bag that he pointed to on the breakfast table.  “Thank you very much.”  I meant to spin around and stalk out of the room, but as luck would have it, I stumbled, ruining the effect.

            I came back down in the new grey long sleeve and black shorts that he bought me and sat down in the room where Suho and I had passed last night chatting and playing poker.  The other guys streamed in gradually and ate up the heaping plate of pancakes and the insane amount of bacon that Lay prepared.  Some ate standing in the kitchen, like Kai and Chanyeol, while others sat in the dining room or at the breakfast table.

            After everyone finished, Kris gathered everyone into the room where I was sitting.  “Lay has announced that the girl is now able to walk on her own.  Since she is able to leave, we ought to ask her to leave.”

            Luhan spoke up, “I think we should vote.”

            Suho nodded, “She’s already here, we can keep her until the full moon on Friday.”

            Kris shook his head, “Too long, let’s vote if we will allow her to stay until Thursday.  Alright?”  Everyone nodded.

            “Okay, everyone strongly against her staying, please raise your hand.”  Suho asked.  D.O, Kris, Tao, and Kai raised their hands and eyed the others.  Kris seemed exasperated.

            “All who like her to stay until Thursday evening, raise your hand,”  Suho asked.  Chen, Lay, Luhan, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol raised their hands.

            “Any who choose to abstain from voting please raise your hand.”  Suho said as he raised his own.  Xiumin and Sehun did as well.

            Kris shook his head with disapproval.  “Well all of you who consented or failed to comment will have to take care of the human.”

            Luhan smiled at me, “This means you can stay!”